• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Country's Team for the 2015 World Cup

Blumbus23

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Harlequins
So bassiclly I thought it'd be nice to see what everyone thinks the 2015 world cup teams will be (obviously lots of things will change in 4 years). So here's my england team.

1. Joe Marler (Harlequins)

2. Jamie George (Saracens)

3. Dan Cole (Leicester)

4. Courtney Lawes (Northampton)

5. Joe Launchbury (London Wasps)

6. Tom Croft (Leicester)

7. Tom Rees (c) (London Wasps)

8. Carl Fearns (Bath)

9. Ben Youngs (Leicester)

10. Freddie Burns (Gloucester)

11. Charlie Sharples (Gloucester)

12. Billy Twelvetrees (Leicester)

13. Manu Tuilagi (Leicester)

14. Chris Ashton (Northampton)

15. Alex Goode (Saracens)

16. Dylan Hartley (Northampton)

17. Mako Vunipola (Saracens)

18. Graham Kitchener (Leicester)

19. Billy Vunipola (London Wasps)

20. Danny Care (Harlequins)

21. Rory Clegg (Harlequins)

22. Ben Foden (Northampton)

What do you think your country's team will be??? :)

Can we get the 2011 one out the way first, not to mention 2013 Lions

Why would Foden be benched?

Hypothetically

1. Healy (should be a centurion by then) 27
2. Strauss (presuming he plays) 29
3. McGrath (possibly Hagan but I rate McGrath higher) 26
4. Sykes (has said it's a possibility)30
5. McLaughlin 30
6. Ferris 29
7. O'Brien 28
8. Heaslip 31
9. Murray 26
10. Sexton 30
11. Earls 27
12. McFadden 29
13. Fitzgerald 27
14. Bowe 31
15. Kearney 29/Jones 28

Would be an experienced team mostly at their peak. Also Fitzgerald because ever since his Blackrock days people have seen that as his long term future.

Mainly because it felt a bit odd having someone who can only cover fullback on the bench (wheras Foden can cover the wings as well). Also if I'm losing with 20 minutes to go I know he will come on and create something (because a problem with the current england side is that there are no gamewinners on the bench)

So bassiclly I thought it'd be nice to see what everyone thinks the 2015 world cup teams will be (obviously lots of things will change in 4 years). So here's my england team.

3. Dan Cole (Leicester)

6. Tom Croft (Leicester)

8. Carl Fearns (Bath)

Forget Tom Rees, never was there and his body will ensure he never will be.

Mainly because it felt a bit odd having someone who can only cover fullback on the bench (wheras Foden can cover the wings as well). Also if I'm losing with 20 minutes to go I know he will come on and create something (because a problem with the current england side is that there are no gamewinners on the bench)
Doesn't make sense to start with the inferior player though
Might as well have the good guy on at first rather than think "oh, he can come on when the other guy messes up"

Hypothetically

1. Healy (should be a centurion by then) 27
2. Strauss (presuming he plays) 29
3. McGrath (possibly Hagan but I rate McGrath higher) 26
4. Sykes (has said it's a possibility)30
5. McLaughlin 30
6. Ferris 29
7. O'Brien 28
8. Heaslip 31
9. Murray 26
10. Sexton 30
11. Earls 27
12. McFadden 29
13. Fitzgerald 27
14. Bowe 31
15. Kearney 29/Jones 28

Would be an experienced team mostly at their peak. Also Fitzgerald because ever since his Blackrock days people have seen that as his long term future.

Good team but I hope this isn't the 2015 team for two reasons. O'Malley should be 13 ahead of Fitzgerald and I would hope our youngest player isn't 26. It's in my opinion a needless thread because we can't predict what young talent will come through in the next four years

Yeah I admit my thinking on the Foden/Goode decision was a bit flawed :/. Aaaahh well you never know Goode might be the better fullback one day :)

Yeah I wasn't going to put Rees in there but then I realised how short England are on pure opensides (so here's hoping he gets himself fit). So suggestions are welcome :). (I was thinking Andy Saull, but I havn't seen him play for a while because he's failed to make the first team at Saracens for ages now)

Psychic Duck's Welsh team looks shhhhhiiiiiiiiittttt!!

Good team but I hope this isn't the 2015 team for two reasons. O'Malley should be 13 ahead of Fitzgerald and I would hope our youngest player isn't 26. It's in my opinion a needless thread because we can't predict what young talent will come through in the next four years

This

We can never predict what will happen, who would've thought that Tommy Bowe would be starting for the Lions and Ireland ahead of the 07 world cup?

Look you can't fully predict the 2011 teams. It's just a bit of fun.

Yeah I wasn't going to put Rees in there but then I realised how short England are on pure opensides (so here's hoping he gets himself fit). So suggestions are welcome :). (I was thinking Andy Saull, but I havn't seen him play for a while because he's failed to make the first team at Saracens for ages now)

Wood or Croft can play openside at a push and there is always Fourie (yes I know but he does quailify and will be 34 in 2015). Dont forget there are over 4 years to find a good openside and when you consider Croft only became a full international in 2009 and Wood in 2010 there is plenty of time.

Big shame about Rees but to be honest he was not as good the press made out and one of a number of Wasps players who either got called up to early but later proved themselves (Haskell) or just should never have been near the England team ( Van Gisburgh, Voyce).

Wood is an openside first, blindside second, so put him at 7

Matt Kvesic looked pretty handy in the U20s world cup, will be interesting to see if he can make the step up

My Irish Team:
Healy Sherry Hagan
Nagle McLaughlin
O'Brien Heaslip Domnic Ryan
Murray Sexton
Luke Fitz at 12 O'Malley at 13
Earls Jones Bowe

That would be me guessing a team but too hard because others equally deserve spots:
Strauss (If he plays with Ireland)
McGrath (Good Prop)
Donnacha Ryan, Rhys Ruddock, Trimble, Nevin Spence, Danny Barnes, Simon Zebo and these are lads just off top of my head there is alot more and well there are a few 16/17 year olds around that will think in 4 years time I can play for Ireland at a world cup.
How many outside Munster were fully aware of Murray at start of last year never mind 4 years ago.

Providing our backs don't go to league.
15. Beale
14. Turner
13. Horne
12. Faingaa
11. Morahan
10. Cooper
9. Genia
8. McCalman
7. Pocock
6. Higginbotham
5. Horwill
4. Simmons
3. Slipper
2. Hanson
1. Kepu

16. Faingaa
17. Daley
18. Timani
19. Beau Robinson
20. Phipps
21. Davies
22. McCabe

3. Dan Cole (Leicester)

6. Tom Croft (Leicester)

8. Carl Fearns (Bath)

No Owen Farrell or James short?

Last edited:
I reckon Burns will be a better Flyhalf and Twelvetrees a better inside centre with more game time - who knows how good Farrell will get though
Clegg really surprised me for Saxons, was very impressed
Would be between those two for the bench spot in my team
I'd also have Henry Thomas over Mako Vunipola (though maybe I'm a tad biased :p )

Latest posts