• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your most disappointing 6N, TRC or Tour ?

well that year and that era all around they weren't competitive, simple as that. No need to be disappointed...I would say Italy personally has disappointed me the most during that S.A. quadrangular. They looked so good during that opening weekend of the 2013 6N, and then they go back to crap to be honest, and then look good again in Twickenham of all places. I thought it was the first time Italy looked like a true Tier 1 threat, as opposed to a side with promising potential and sneaky upsets on their minds. But then, total disaster. I'm not even concerned they didn't win a game, it's the way they performed and lost those matches.

Yes,it's true.Now we have 2 franchises in Rabodirect Pro 12 and things improved a lot since that days,but players haven't learnt yet how to perform in the highest levels

Have to say the BIL tour in 2001 to Australia after such a fantastic win in the first test. That's why it was so sweet beating the Wallabies in the summer. However, I still think the 2001 BIL Team were better than this year's vintage; but the 2001 Wallabies were a hell of a lot superior to this year's vintage.

Have to say the BIL tour in 2001 to Australia after such a fantastic win in the first test. That's why it was so sweet beating the Wallabies in the summer. However, I still think the 2001 BIL Team were better than this year's vintage; but the 2001 Wallabies were a hell of a lot superior to this year's vintage.

yeh I don't mean to be an as$hole, but truth be told: there's nothing glorious about the Lions beating the Wallabies this summer. They had a ton of matches to prepare and mesh well, even lost against some provincial side that one time - and then played two games that could've gone either way (one of which would have been decided by a penalty Australia won in the scrum !!) against a side in absolute decomposition...if not to say decay. The third test's result was what I thought I would see at least twice. We're talking the LIONS here, every single position a world class star, and more of that on the bench !
I'm just saying, nothing "sweet" about that series, with all due respect man I'm not trying to be hostile.

yeh I don't mean to be an as$hole, but truth be told: there's nothing glorious about the Lions beating the Wallabies this summer. They had a ton of matches to prepare and mesh well, even lost against some provincial side that one time - and then played two games that could've gone either way (one of which would have been decided by a penalty Australia won in the scrum !!) against a side in absolute decomposition...if not to say decay. The third test's result was what I thought I would see at least twice. We're talking the LIONS here, every single position a world class star, and more of that on the bench !
I'm just saying, nothing "sweet" about that series, with all due respect man I'm not trying to be hostile.

No offence taken BW:). For me the Lions is always special because it's a scratch team playing one of the SH sides in their own back yard. For 4 countries to come together after smashing each other in the 6 nations; it's not always easy to build a winning team, as shown by the Lions only winning 4 test series this century. After getting pummelled in 2005 by the ABs and losing such a tight second test v the Springboks in 2009; as a Lions fan I'd take any win; especially after waiting 16 years. The Lions only got 6 matches to gel before the 1st test. The loss against the Brumbies I wasn't bothered with as it was a team who knew they would play no part in the 1st test. Also the teams the Lions played until the first test weren't exactly of the highest quality.

Regardless of how many world class players the Lions had, it's still about getting the combinations right in match conditions and because Gatland promised all players they would get a chance to stake their claim in the first 4 games, the team was still not quite right come the first 2 tests. It took Gatland until the 3rd test, with his reputation on the line, to go with a predominantly Welsh Lions. This is what I think he wanted to do all along but being a Lions coach he had to appease a lot of big names like Heaslip and BOD in the first two tests. Also with Jamie Roberts fit again he could now play the big busting centre he wanted to get his game plan to work. Corbisiero was also vital after losing Healy and Jenkins to injury.

I don't think the Wallabies are that bad side, it's just they've had their confidence taken away after that 3rd test drubbing. Most of their players realised that they will never be able to get revenge over the Lions; most of them won't be playing or in contention in 2025. To then follow it up by playing and being pummelled by the two best teams in the All Blacks and Springboks was not exactly ideal.

Revenge was sweet after waiting 12 years for it. Plus, any win against the Aussies is always to be cherished. :)

Latest posts