Zebre.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Benetton.png

Connacht.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Leinster.png

Ulster are taking Munster apart.

18-0 after 37 minutes.

While I dislike the 3 year residency rule, I can't wait to see Jared Payne in green at the end of 2014! He's wearing 15 but he's Ulster's chief playmaker. Having an outstanding game.

Up to 20-0 as I type this.

Who shot out of the line on the Ulster 5m meter line for the Dineen try? Didn't seem particularly necessary and gave Ulster the overlap.

Who shot out of the line on the Ulster 5m meter line for the Dineen try? Didn't seem particularly necessary and gave Ulster the overlap.

Pienaar.

Decent half, if we sharpen things up a little the bonus point looks on.

Hopefully we can keep this up, scoreline could arguably be 30+ right now - we should be looking for a BP here.

Payne is is just a class act, Caves try really reminded me of how NZ would play.

EDIT: Haha Tommy Bowes subway ad always makes me laugh, 'yeah right'

Anyone else think the Ulster second row pairing of Tuohy and Henderson has completely outplayed the Munster duo of O'Connell and O'Callaghan? I'd love to see Henderson groomed as a second row in partnership to O'Connell for Ireland. He offers so much even though right now he's a better flanker.

Yeah, a serious decision needs to be made. He could be one of he most destructive ball carriers in the NH in not so long - but we desperately need good second rows, and were pretty good for back row.
I guess it just depends if you're looking for the best interest of the player or the team

One of the best games in the rabo so far in my opinion, really electric stuff.

Whenever there's a threatening Ulster play; it's either Cave or Payne or both involved. They really are vital to how Ulster play out wide.

Munster lying all over the ****ing place. Ref is missing so many things here, high tackle on Trimble, 2 knock ons, at least 2 incidents of off the ball jersey tugging.

That is a yellow card. Ruck was very clearly called and then POM went over the ruck and put his hands in. I've no idea how they haven't been carded yet.

Payne is almost a carbon copy of Isa Nacewa in attack. Whenever Ulster are in possession, he's an auxiliary playmaker liable to pop up anywhere. Kudos to the coaching staff for giving him the freedom to roam.

That is a yellow card. Ruck was very clearly called and then POM went over the ruck and put his hands in. I've no idea how they haven't been carded yet.
The ball wasn't on the deck so it couldn't be a ruck. Rolland realized he made a balls of the call once he went to the TMO which is why he didn't bin O'Mahony.

Munster lying all over the ****ing place. Ref is missing so many things here, high tackle on Trimble, 2 knock ons, at least 2 incidents of off the ball jersey tugging.

I'm not so clear about what went on but to me it seemed like the ball was still up in the air with Gilroy attempting to place it back so it isn't a ruck yet and POM can contest. If it was a ruck then Gilroy would have been called for playing the ball on the ground as well. ??

edit. Thanks Snoopy..

O'Connell deserves that yellow for no other reason than having ***s for hands.

Kick to deny Munster a bonus point........

Pienaar gets it. 29-19.

EDIT - Munster get the ball from the restart. Time up, Keatley does his best ROG impression and kicks it dead. Game over.

Right got you. I didn't notice that, but the ref did call a ruck and said hands out. What happens in this situation then? In your opinion should he let play go on with POM in? Because you could argue the other team may leave the player to get the penalty.

What at a scrum by Ulster though, game is won.

Right got you. I didn't notice that, but the ref did call a ruck and said hands out. What happens in this situation then? In your opinion should he let play go on with POM in? Because you could argue the other team may leave the player to get the penalty.

What at a scrum by Ulster though, game is won.

If that's what he called then it's a penalty and if he knew it was POM there should have been a card. He pretty much bottled it. He had a poor night.

And what was that kick by Keatley at the end. He must feel horrible after that match.

I'm not sure of the rules in that instance. Given O'Mahony hadn't committed a penalty offence, he couldn't have been binned. I suspect it was a touch judge call to award the penalty and Rolland didn't want to overrule him once he saw the error. It was pretty clear that O'Mahony was pinged when he shouldn't have been. It's a shame in that the wrong call there ultimately denied Munster a bonus point.

I'm not sure of the rules in that instance. Given O'Mahony hadn't committed a penalty offence, he couldn't have been binned. I suspect it was a touch judge call to award the penalty and Rolland didn't want to overrule him once he saw the error. It was pretty clear that O'Mahony was pinged when he shouldn't have been. It's a shame in that the wrong call there ultimately denied Munster a bonus point.

He might not have committed an offense, but he was penalized - and Rolland had already made it very clear they would be seeing a card soon. Baffling stuff from him, including decisions for Munster that they didn't get.

He might not have committed an offense, but he was penalized - and Rolland had already made it very clear they would be seeing a card soon. Baffling stuff from him, including decisions for Munster that they didn't get.
So are you saying he should have compounded a bad decision with another bad decision?

He binned O'Connell after the warning. Binning O'Mahony when the ref/touch judge saw they made a mistake would have been a terrible call.

Latest posts