• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Wales vs France (Round 3)

The centre battle is really interesting for this one, size vs size and a world class player for each, although North is world class as a winger. It'll be interesting to see if Wales attempt to introduce something to catch Basteraud, or a black John Hayes who can move as Ronan O'Gara dubbed him on RTÉ, out. I think Wales have the advantage in this one, their players are used to beating France but if France are to win I think it'll be a bit of Wesley Fofana magic to do it.

Basteraud can be shut down without too much hastle. He was a complete non-entity in the England game.

Been told AWJ is out. Ball to start, unknown bench.

Last edited:
eh Basta still is going to tire the defense always, he might not get amazing stats on the post-match sheet like meters or carries or wtvr but he tackles hard and will tire the defense and take two sometimes three defenders almost every time...Fofana does the rest. Hopefully we get to see one of his Fofa-tries tonight, the one against Italy was beautiful - and since we're on the subject, off a Bastareaud impact where he brings a couple of flankers down and allows a nice exit for a quick thinking Fofana who's got a couple of last line defenders to beat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is Liam Williams starting on the wing he looked obviously out of place there against Ireland, big part of the reason the kicking game worked. Do you really have no one else? and if so surly 1/2p who has played there a lot before.

I really don't see anything special about Bastareaud.

Flatters to deceive.

Goes missing in games.

Average at best.

nobody's said there was anything 'special' about Bastareaud.

yep, he chickened out at the last minute.......
6kRnBxh.jpg

fkn hell...a HOLE ENTIRE HOUR to wait, yet...and I already jked off, so that card's gone......
ughgghh, I guess I'll just do another hour of Voodoo session with Jamie Roberts and George North in mind...

BBC reporting that AWJ is out with a foot injury and Jake Ball will start.

Useless stat of the night, just as a mouth-watering appetizer: France would become the first nation in the 6N tournament (i.e. as of 2000) to win 50 games if they beat Wales tonight. England with 48 atm and Ireland with 47.

Phew, had to quickly change my fantasy team.

Put Maestri in for AWJ.

Whatever happened to Millo-Chluski? Looked the part a few seasons ago..

Looking forward to seeing how Jake Ball goes for Wales. Great chance for the guy.

Seriously is the bbc taking the ****? Martin Williams, Jonathan Davies and Eddie butler all commentating? I know the beeb has a bit of a pro welsh thing but this is ridiculous. Would have had castaignede.

Latest posts