• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Wales vs Scotland (Round 5)

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
Wales.png
Versus%20Eccellenza.png
Scotland.png

Wales vs Scotland

Date:
Saturday, March 15th 2014 - 14:45 GMT (UTC+0)
Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)

this one could be a bit ugly...I feel Scotland have more to gain from this than Wales. It's a good test for them, and the pressure is off since they won't get the spoon. This is yet another opponent they can test themselves against, because Scotland do seem like they're getting better with each match in this tournament.
For Wales, avoid an embarrassing loss as they are at home, have already lost two and being the 2-time defending champs this would add insult to injury.

i think wales are winning this hands down.

even though last game we did pretty well (if duncan weir could actually play 10) but if we couldn't even beat france when we were controlling all the match then i really dont see any chance off scotland beating wales. but i would love see the scots beat the welsh again but i know it isn't happening. especially with injuries from johnnie beattie and Sean Lamont, even though that i should disappointed to see lamont injured but i dont actually because i dont think lamont is that good a winger and i really want to see a new winger replacing him since he is 32 and about to retire. but johnnie beattie out i really dont like that one off our strong ball carriers is out isn't looking good i dont hate Ryan Wilson but i think he can get angry like lucky he didn't get penalised when he was punching the hell out of that french guy.

so it will be max evans replacing him surely. but i would say wales to win by 15+

Halfpenny is out for the rest of season. F**k!!!! He's my Fantasy kicker

No exageration, I think how this games goes for Wales will be decided on who starts at 10.

If its Preistland again then, providing Scotland show the sort of grit they did this weekend, I fear for Wales. Theey certianly won't be able to get away with scoring off those long penalities Halfpenny was kicking.

If its Biggar, seemingly the only Welsh 10 with serious game management skills, things are looking up.

Wales have put back the team annoucnment from tomorrow to Thursday, and confirmed this was not on the basis of player fitness (Though Rhys Webb is yet to be assessed).

I'd assume Gatland's going to have a gander and do some tinkering.

Wales will take this one certainly. But it just may not be by as many points as we suspect now, and certainly and more importantly won't be by as many points as we'd have anticipated at the start of the tournament back in Feb.

I feel the Welsh tries will come laboriously. They might get one nice North or Roberts try, but overall I don't think Wales will dominate Scotland all that much.

Really not sure who I want to win this. Scotland have been too dire to deserve it IMO yet I want to see the Welsh team, or more accurately their supporters, taken down a few more pegs. 2 teams who take great delight from seeing England lose so I think a draw would be the best option.

Really not sure who I want to win this. Scotland have been too dire to deserve it IMO yet I want to see the Welsh team, or more accurately their supporters, taken down a few more pegs. 2 teams who take great delight from seeing England lose so I think a draw would be the best option.

Bit harsh I would say Rage. We don't all desperately want England to lose, you can believe the media and the twitter WUMs if you want. If things go Engs way in Paris this weekend then it'll be a well deserved tourney that could well have been a grand slam. These sorts of comments are as low as those supporters who are a couple of pegs too high.

So! Wales. A wounded beast, in front of the home crowd. I fully expect to see Biggar start and an outside chance of a cheeky appearance from Hook at fullback. Gethin will still start I think, his work in the loose is what is keeping Paul James out of the team.

The result will all depend on the tactics and how they are executed this time around. If Wales decide to run then Scotland's defence will be seriously tested. I'm going to wait for selection to make any predictions.

Halfpenny is out for the rest of season. F**k!!!! He's my Fantasy kicker

Me too :( But tbh I dropped down in the TRF standings from number 1 to like 828128 so quickly I really don't care any more. Didn't wana win anyway!

Bit harsh I would say Rage. We don't all desperately want England to lose, you can believe the media and the twitter WUMs if you want. If things go Engs way in Paris this weekend then it'll be a well deserved tourney that could well have been a grand slam. These sorts of comments are as low as those supporters who are a couple of pegs too high.

So! Wales. A wounded beast, in front of the home crowd. I fully expect to see Biggar start and an outside chance of a cheeky appearance from Hook at fullback. Gethin will still start I think, his work in the loose is what is keeping Paul James out of the team.

The result will all depend on the tactics and how they are executed this time around. If Wales decide to run then Scotland's defence will be seriously tested. I'm going to wait for selection to make any predictions.

I wouldn't direct it to people here nor was it a view I held last year. However since beating England 30-3 I think it's fair to say that a large chunk of Welsh people have become quite insufferable when talking about rugby. Couple that with the tired old "arrogant England", "Anyone but England", "England paid the ref", "Boring England" etc, it doesn't tend to make one feel particularly sympathetic to another nationality.

With regards to the Scots, same as above although not as much recently and the general pettiness such as not showing England the common courtesy of having our flag in the stadium for the game and I have no wish to see either of those sides progress far until the general pettiness towards England is brought to a more civilized level. Until then, I think I have some right to dish a bit of it back.

Also I think the "banter" defence stopped working a long time ago. There is banter and there is generally being rude and it seems to have swung towards the latter a bit too much.

Scotland to keep it tight.

But I see Wales wining by 5-7 points. Even with out Halfpenny they we still want to make up for the England game. Also as stated before, if we could not win that France game, how could we possible win this.

Hope they go with Doug Fife over Max Evans, guy just is not there anymore.

LOL LOL - I must scroll back to see what you said after last years mauling of England by Wales. See, if I were an English fan I'd be a bit more worried about the fact that they didn't put more points on Wales last Sunday instead of slagging off the Wales fans. LOL LOL. Come on Ireland !!! My day is complete.

LOL LOL - I must scroll back to see what you said after last years mauling of England by Wales. See, if I were an English fan I'd be a bit more worried about the fact that they didn't put more points on Wales last Sunday instead of slagging off the Wales fans. LOL LOL. Come on Ireland !!! My day is complete.

Ahhhh the man who was shouting his mouth off before the game Sunday ! I presume you will be using less "when's" and more "ifs" this week ;)

Ahhhh the man who was shouting his mouth off before the game Sunday ! I presume you will be using less "when's" and more "ifs" this week ;)

Uhm - of course. I was bantering at 'light hearted' level - I dont think I stooped down to insulting any fans at all. But hey.... You should run for PM... avoiding questions and points made and all that.

Uhm - of course. I was bantering at 'light hearted' level - I dont think I stooped down to insulting any fans at all. But hey.... You should run for PM... avoiding questions and points made and all that.

Haha I know ! I'm only joking with you . Bit of banter , when did I avoid questions though ?

Latest posts