• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Highlanders v Chiefs (Round 17)

Sopoanga great kicker these days but still totally clueless otherwise.

That break (and pass) was pretty good. If he had a genuine wing outside him it would have been 7 points to the Highlanders...

(I'm not saying he has been good this match, but that particular play was impressive).

That break (and pass) was pretty good. If he had a genuine wing outside him it would have been 7 points to the Highlanders...

(I'm not saying he has been good this match, but that particular play was impressive).

No I thought the pass was about two steps to early should of drawn those other players in better. He was looking around the entire time he was running up field so it was just obvious for the defence what he was going to do. He's got to draw the defenders and if he's not then he's got to grubber it through for his wing and himself...

No I thought the pass was about two steps to early should of drawn those other players in better. He was looking around the entire time he was running up field so it was just obvious for the defence what he was going to do. He's got to draw the defenders and if he's not then he's got to grubber it through for his wing and himself...

If he had taken another step or two before passing it would have been ideal, but he did a pretty good job committing the last Chiefs player. I would much rather a player passed a second too early and give his wing plenty of time rather than pass a second too late (or pass poorly...)!

There is no issue at all looking around for support when he makes a break - that's exactly what you want players to do....

Anyways... Try TMW. Game on.

Last edited:
This is starting to look familiar.... Seriously guys don't stuff it up again....

This game was a mess and close only because of the Ref imo the HL would of won this piece of **** without that complete idiot ruining it.

YES.

We should have kicked the goal at the end though and denied the Chiefs a bonus point.

The Big question is why didnt Nanai Williams and Kerr Barlow start? Its almost unbelievable to me.

The Big question is why didnt Nanai Williams and Kerr Barlow start? Its almost unbelievable to me.

No-one understands the Chiefs selections this season. I don't think they have ever played their 'top' side this year. To me it seems they just randomly rotate 7-8 players every week.

With still have been 7 though. That is if I have the score correct at 29-15.

Argh.. You are correct off course (29-25). I got all wrapped up in the excitement of the win that I lost my ability to count!

Argh.. You are correct off course (29-25). I got all wrapped up in the excitement of the win that I lost my ability to count!

No problem, seems I have lost my ability to spell and type numbers correctly.

No-one understands the Chiefs selections this season. I don't think they have ever played their 'top' side this year. To me it seems they just randomly rotate 7-8 players every week.

Had so many injuries in the 1st half of the season that we didn't get a chance to play anywhere near a consistent line up and we leave our one of our best players (Nanai-Williams) on the bench, I have always been a believer of Rennie's rotation but this year it has gone to far, injuries aside we have not done the selection right.

All credit to the HL's as they played well tonight.

TBH the ref was **** and I thought some of the scrum calls were 50/50 and always seemed to favor the HL's.

The offside / 10m calls were a bit inconsistent.

The HL's backs were the key, good line breaks and option taking, turned us around and took us back 50+ odd metres a few times and it is a long way back.

Bugger - oh well, the better team (or at least the team that better took their opportunities!) won in the end, though I still think that was the worst refereeing display I've seen this season (in terms of sheer number or errors), though it was better in the second half.

Would love to see the Highlanders make the finals, would love it even more for them to beat the Waratahs next week!

TNW should start every single game against otago teams...pretty sure he's scored in everyone I've seen

Great to see some attacking play that worked, the difference to last year being the actual attack starts at 13 rather than just getting to the wing as fast as possible and praying

And that pack! Franklin and wheeler first choice now surely !

Allen played well but burliegh almost coat us another one, Evans to start and emery or baker on the bench

It is probably due to the excitement of the Highlanders win ;)

I picked them in my Superbru predictions, ja. Thought the pair of Smiths, greater consistency in selection and home advanatage would see them through. Maybe I even overrated their chances LOL but I'm happy with the points.

Great to see some attacking play that worked, the difference to last year being the actual attack starts at 13 rather than just getting to the wing as fast as possible and praying

This is so true, I remember when the HL's trick was give it to Ben Smith and hope he can do something, became very easy for the defenders to read.

Now you have a few options and Fekitoa in the middle is awesome, so jealous :)

Latest posts