• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Reds v Highlanders (Round 16)

Poor effort by Sopoaga. Gifted the Reds another 7 points.

EDIT: An we drop the ball again.....

Man to loose to THIS reds team like this is going to be hugely annoying.... Just not going well at all.

And the Reds score again. Pathetic from the Highlanders.

Just that last bit of play there shows they are capable of pulling in 21 points but tonight just not in the right head space. They NEEDED to score before halftime.... game over.

The Highlander probably thought they just needed to show up and now that they are chasing they are making silly errors. With the Crusaders beating the Force it seems the Bulls just might have a chance to make the play-offs after all (assuming they don't underestimate the Lions and Stormers of course).

The Highlander probably thought they just needed to show up and now that they are chasing they are making silly errors. With the Crusaders beating the Force it seems the Bulls just might have a chance to make the play-offs after all (assuming they don't underestimate the Lions and Stormers of course).

I doubt it. I think anyone could see that this Reds team are better than reflected by their table position. I'd certainly rather be playing the Lions, Cheetahs, Rebels or even Force than the Reds.

It's just a pity they've finally remembered how to play against the Highlanders ;)

Oh FFS. Nothing is going our way this week is it....

I should predict the reds to get shamed more often. They've been a litttle lucky tonight though.

Intercept try..... it was about the only option we had....

Another converted try and we may be able to at least get some points out of this match....

EDIT: That will do...

Last edited:
Bugger.

Who was that clown that kicked the ball straight back to the Reds after the kick-off? What a brainless play. They should have either kicked it out (and taken the draw), or had a run. Giving the Reds a chance to win the match was just plain stupid.

The Highlanders deserved to lose, to be honest. Way too many errors.

Quite an interesting game. Don't know what else to say. Should probably not even have posted. My apologies if you read this post. Now I feel the need to make up for it.. how about a joke;

No... no. That's not it. I know only dirty jokes and jokes at the expense of Jews. Sorry for further wasting your time.

Seriously...ref was **** (more than once pinged us for holding in when there were not red players goon for the ball)...we were more ****...that was the highlanders if last year, I think only twice did we actually kick for touch, everything was 50/50 passes and midfield bombs...

Seriously...ref was **** (more than once pinged us for holding in when there were not red players goon for the ball)...we were more ****...that was the highlanders if last year, I think only twice did we actually kick for touch, everything was 50/50 passes and midfield bombs...

Agreed, IDK what the hell Joseph was thinking with those tactics at this end of the comp. Surely out of all the games the highlanders had left you treat this as a gimme (i mean come on the reds are ****) and play percentage rugby get down their half of the field and then let loose.

All of the reds try's I saw were basically gifts from the Ref or the HL.

I'm not at all surprised by the result. How many games have the Highlanders won this season when they started as favourites?

We played rubbish rugby for most of this match - our set-piece was completely taken apart, we couldn't hold onto the ball, and refused to commit players to the breakdown. Luckily we were only playing the Reds as a good side would have put 20-30 points on us! Individually we looked dangerous with ball in hand, and that kept us in the match. I have no idea how we eventually got ourselves in the position to draw the match, and no idea why on earth we decided to gift the Reds the chance to win the match after that.....

Yeah im not surprised either but man those 5 points would of been very useful for them indeed. I think they are going to regret this performance the most of all the games this year.

Latest posts