• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (Round 1)

I did watch it, but I only saw Wales using their physical superiority in the first half, which is what people with commom sense would do, England using the same variations as allways -although pretty kick in the first try- and then taking advantage from Wales dumbness in the second half.

Honestly, very frustrating match: seeing one of the most physically strong teams in the world playing like they were... well, not one of the most physically strong teams in the world, was pretty horrible. Also, as I said, I really don't enjoy England's game, lots of free kicks missed, mediocre running game... Halfpenny allways worth to watch though.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus Hogg what a talent

France suffer too much when the deffense is tough: they need to get their skin thicker. Talent is not enough in rugby.

Lot's of slop and poor finishing this weekend which is encapsulated in this game, all the teams really working out some issues with only England seemingly successful to a degree in the 2nd half of Friday's match. Think this first round asks more questions than it answers for everyone possibly bar Italy who simply look dreadful.

Feel gutted for Scotland, great heart and entertainment, but need a bit more nous and quality.

Well done France.

Really disappointed to not come away with a win there, Scotland who i thought was the better team but yet again it was the silly penalty's we give away which costs us the match but we were up against a French team which was the similar team which beat the Aussies. I think we can get a home win against Wales though and Italy but that is it i think.

I have great hopes for a much better game than in Rome with the French getting there by 7 points!!!

God I am good!!!!

Little did I know that PSA has actually been on a course in Dublin (at the Schmidt academy) and obviously passed with flying colours as France won but did not show what they can really do, just enough to get the points!!

Compared with many France performances under PSA this was slightly above average and were assisted, and they assisted also, by the Scots making too many mistakes in attack. Credit to the French defence, they were tremendous but they cannot be so profligate with the ball next week against better opposition who will surely show their true colours and can be better judged.

Right that was a great match, France and Scotland both went for it but both lacked a certain...something. For France it was just that they moved the ball too slowly, when they got on the outside the Scotland defence had drifted. Scotland did well but would just panic when they got to the touch lines and went for the miracle pass. For me Russell was by far the best player on the pitch today, attacked the line and put width on the ball when it was on.

Right that was a great match, France and Scotland both went for it but both lacked a certain...something. For France it was just that they moved the ball too slowly, when they got on the outside the Scotland defence had drifted. Scotland did well but would just panic when they got to the touch lines and went for the miracle pass. For me Russell was by far the best player on the pitch today, attacked the line and put width on the ball when it was on.

Agree with you, France never managed to go around or through that Scottish defense while Scotland moved the ball quickly and produced some quality rugby in the first half, they had a dip in form in the second half. France took advantage of Scotland's indiscipline and clumsiness in the decisive plays (that missed drop goal...).
None too impressed by France, Dublin won't be so forgiving as to our timid offensive play and shaky scrum.

I was impressed by Scotland. With a stronger bench I think they could be contenders, at leasr to create a shock or two this year.

I was impressed by Scotland. With a stronger bench I think they could be contenders, at leasr to create a shock or two this year.

Two things we learnt today:

1. Scotland will not win the wooden spoon but not sure they will beat anyone other than Italy as France were really there for the taking today more than the other three will be in the coming weeks.

2. Italy will retain the wooden spoon with a huge points difference against!!

I would go as far as saying the margin of victory over Italy could very well be the deciding factor in who ends up on top at the end of the 6N!!

I would go as far as saying the margin of victory over Italy could very well be the deciding factor in who ends up on top at the end of the 6N!!

This is what worries me. People say Ireland got the job done etc but we've seen how important points difference can be as a ***le decider. I really feel like we should've taken the opportunity to rack up a score.

I think Scotland could cause a surprise this year. Maybe against Wales. Hopefully not against us. Unlikely against England.

French flair is dead and gone! France did enough to grind out a result, while Scotland tried to create something more positive.

Dusatoir is lucky to be in that French team, time has caught up with him

Hey, whatever happened to Vincent Clerc? Last time I remember hearing about him, he was injured.

Strong performance by Scotland, but too much talent in the French back line, it came through in the end.

Latest posts