• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 TRC] South Africa v Argentina in Durban (08/08/2015)

The ball touched, it's only that Tuculet¡s arm is in the middle.

He was checking high tackle, not the try I think.

The ball touched, it's only that Tuculet¡s arm is in the middle.

He was checking high tackle, not the try I think.
That was my understanding, too.

Thought he was going to give a penalty try for a second.

Very pleased for Argentina. The games v NZ and Australia were making me think they had regressed on progress over the last 3 years.

Cubelli, Imhoff, Hernandez, Leguizamon, Matera and Chaparro were immense.

I hope that they can back up the performance next week and prove it wasn't a one-off. South Africa will want to set things right, big time.

-This shirt is awful.

Actually, I like that shirt. The Blue and White hoops are what I have always associated with Los Pumas. My local team, Nelson Bays wore the same colours until the mid 1970s

NelsonBaysRugby.jpg

-This ref was hilarious. Like that's how bad it was.

Actually I thought the refereeing was just fine. The only calls of note were

1 - The 4th Argentine try: He was absolutely right with his ruling. There is no Law that says he cannot call time on while medics are still on the field. The only protocol here is, was the injured player in a position where he might interfere with play or be endangered if play continued. He wasn't, so play on. The Pumas were quick to spot the opportunity, the Boks were caught napping.

2 - The disallowed South African try: Again the correct call. Poite was clearly indicating offside a couple of metres back from where the Bok player took the tap kick

3 - The TMO initiated review for the last South African try: Ben Skeen was well within his rights to review this. He only got one look at full speed, at the end of which a Pumas player grounded the ball. What if he had said nothing, and it turned out that Habana didn't actually ground the ball? Skeen would have copped a red ink entry in his Match Assessment.

Sounds like the last southafrican try sort of closed the enormous gap up a bit... Was this really a thrashing and a totally dominate arg team or what? (havent seen the game)

Thrashing might be a bit much - but Argentina were clearly the better side.

Wow - just saw the result. Will have to watch this match this morning.

Well done to Argentina! Certainly making progress - beat Australia last year and South Africa at home this year - very impressive.

The Bokkies have been pipped by Aussie away and beaten at the last post by the AB's at home in their hallowed halls of the high veldt.
Sincerely, I wouldn't want to be Argentinian in this upcoming game.
I can see a lot of pain and humiliation coming for Argentina here.
The Boks are angry, they know they are better than their results and they will be looking for a cricket score and a crushing forward display.

respect...
respect...
respect...
respect...
respect...
respect...
respect...
:mad::mad::mad:

Wow, so I was the only one who didn't like that jersey... to me it would have to have much narrower stripes, less shiny and a different neck, because this one was too rigid, it was like seeing Karl Lagerfeld playing rugby at some points.

thanks for opening my eyes smartcooky!

Wow, so I was the only one who didn't like that jersey... to me it would have to have much narrower stripes, less shiny and a different neck, because this one was too rigid, it was like seeing Karl Lagerfeld playing rugby at some points.

thanks for opening my eyes smartcooky!

Yeah I really liked the jersey too I have to say - love a good classic throwback.

What's the Argie media been like in following the game? Looked like a pretty epic encounter and a brilliant win. Huge scalp - when was the last time Argentina beat he boks?

What's the Argie media been like in following the game? Looked like a pretty epic encounter and a brilliant win. Huge scalp - when was the last time Argentina beat he boks?

Never.

They are trying to capitalize all they can with this victory: they have been trying to sell the pumas a lot, but the pumas lose almost every match. Everybody from general public was expecting great feats like 2007. Hard work and patience? We're talking football fans here: pay 4581871 million bucks and get Messi here, give 'im the ball and let him do.

They are the worst class of fan: the one who cares only about victory and hates the team if it loses, so this has been pretty tough, like everyone laughing at us and calling us fatsos and staff. No worry: if the victories come, they'll be the first to pay for tickets and claim to be loyal fans and put laser on Nick Phibbs eyes.

So I actually am very thankfull to the media for not giving a damn about general public opinions and putting them on the first paige.

Also, tomorrow is primary elections, so the effort is even bigger.

They are trying to capitalize all they can with this victory: they have been trying to sell the pumas a lot, but the pumas lose almost every match. Everybody from general public was expecting great feats like 2007. Hard work and patience? We're talking football fans here: pay 4581871 million bucks and get Messi here, give 'im the ball and let him do.

They are the worst class of fan: the one who cares only about victory and hates the team if it loses, so this has been pretty tough, like everyone laughing at us and calling us fatsos and staff. No worry: if the victories come, they'll be the first to pay for tickets and claim to be loyal fans and put laser on Nick Phibbs eyes.

So I actually am very thankfull to the media for not giving a damn about general public opinions and putting them on the first paige.

Also, tomorrow is primary elections, so the effort is even bigger.
Yeah about the lasers. Can ya knock it off. It isnt part of rugby and any respect you gain through performances like last night will be lost by your fans doing this

Sure, let me get my armor with claymore sword and full shield to go tell those violent and probably intoxicated punks about sport ethics and how much respect we lose from the internet people every time they bring the laser out.

That time the AB's had to reset the haka because of the whistles and all that, I was so upset I had to stop watching the game for 20 min out of shame.

Sure, let me get my armor with claymore sword and full shield to go tell those violent and probably intoxicated punks about sport ethics and how much respect we lose from the internet people every time they bring the laser out.

That time the AB's had to reset the haka because of the whistles and all that, I was so upset I had to stop watching the game for 20 min out of shame.
Riiiight. Slightly different to heckling and whistling.

Blatent cheating but hey you guys say you want to be one of the big boys.

Latest posts