• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] Argentina v South Africa (27/08/2016)

Well here's the touring 28 Springboks for the Australasia leg of the RC:

Forwards: Lourens Adriaanse, Lood de Jager, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Eben Etzebeth, Steven Kitshoff, Vincent Koch, Jaco Kriel, Francois Louw, Malcolm Marx, Bongi Mbonambi, Oupa Mohoje, Franco Mostert, Tendai Mtawarira, Trevor Nyakane, Adriaan Strauss (captain), Warren Whiteley

Backs: Damian de Allende, Juan de Jongh, Faf de Klerk, Johan Goosen, Bryan Habana, Francois Hougaard, Elton Jantjies, Jesse Kriel, Lionel Mapoe, Lwazi Mvovo, Rudy Paige, Morne Steyn

So Nyakane, Hougaard and Mvovo joins the group.

Jesse Kriel full back, Johan Goosen flyhalf, Elton needs to be dropped. I've never been a fan of him. He is nowhere near Bok material. I like Mvovo, despite him having defensive issues.

Jesse Kriel full back, Johan Goosen flyhalf, Elton needs to be dropped. I've never been a fan of him. He is nowhere near Bok material. I like Mvovo, despite him having defensive issues.

I think that is what's going to happen. Maybe even have Hougaard on the wing in Combrink's place.

Lavanini's injury opens a door to Marcos Kremer, in my opinion this guy is our next star, like Matera, Isa and Lavanini, the courage and bravery of this boy is incredible, he's only 19 years old.

He is not so tall for a second line (1,95 m and 115 kg) but is very very very strong.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Marcos_Jaguares.png

Last edited:
injuries have killed you guys... none of your healthy backs look that impressive other than habana and even he is starting to show his age

i do agree that jpp should be brought back in but i doubt he can be released from europe

injuries have killed you guys... none of your healthy backs look that impressive other than habana and even he is starting to show his age

i do agree that jpp should be brought back in but i doubt he can be released from europe

JPP was released from the Bok group so that he can rest as he has been playing non-stop since last year's RC. He played RC then RWC, then went to Japan and then played Super Rugby before the Irish series. Allister Coetzee said that JPP needed some time off from the Boks.

I think if JPP is going to be recalled, it would be during the home leg of the RC at the earliest.

Is that the JPP who played for Montpellier a couple of seasons back he only stayed for about 6 months playing with the espoirs, think he only had one first team game.

That never happened.

Yeah, I'm also baffled now...

According to me he has only played for the Sharks, Panasonic Wild Knights and now for Leicester Tigers.

If he's thinking about Joe Pietersen, then he's also wrong, because he played for Bayonne and Biarritz.

Maybe another Saffa but with a different surname?

Like JP Du Plessis who is playing for them now...

no i'm not baffled or wrong at all, we had a JP Du Plessis playing for us if my memory is right 3 seasons ago he was little 20's in age i even have a photo of him being interviewed by myself on the pitch after the game (maybe its another JP Plessis but he was there details below.

when you guys finally agree let me know !!!!!!!!!!!!

You're asking two saffas to agree? Two saffas from different provinces? One who only braai's with wood (the only way you braai) and the other with charcoal. (is that even a braai, that's a bbq)

DDA & M Steyn must not be in contention for selection (or even be axed from the squad altogether) following their media responses after Saturday's loss. Damian did apologize and should perhaps retain his spot as his reaction is quite clearly out of frustration - that dude had balls to tweet directly at him.

However Steyn's comments to the media was totally unwarranted, particularly the part where he lauds his decision to prefer to play in France. A sort of arrogance really and I can't believe he is still included in the touring group.

Sure we have a lack of quality & depth in flyhalf right now, but is this the kind of mindset our current group of players have? Is this where it is obvious how out of touch our leadership group is with the rest of the players?

I think Marnitz Boshoff can be called up instead and ship Steyn back to his beloved France.

Latest posts