• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Hurricanes vs. Lions (The Final) 06/08/2016

Very impressed by refereeing so far if they call this one back. A shame though given the quality of the move. Also liked early offside call. Lions need to hang in there and hope the wind dies (which some forecasts were predicting). Wind favouring Hurricanes this half?

I'm a zombie, in my country is 04:46 AM. I'd prefer a Grand Final in SA :)

Terrible kicking by Lions from the start. I'm worried they've not been given a decent game plan given the conditions.

Hurricanes are going bloody good so far. To me the Lions scrum hasnt beat them yet which is a huge effort. This Loni Uhila has AB written all over him for me he's fantastic.

Lions supposed advantages at set piece being nullified, except for their attacking scrum. Hard to see them getting more than a handful of points this half.

Why the Canes players touch the faces of Lions players? Too much arrogance

The Lions are being caught out here they are not playing finals football at all way to high risk.

They might get these plays playing at home against teams that have flown around the globe 3 times but not against the Canes at home.

Lions showing absolutely zero adjustment to accommodate the conditions. This could go away from them quickly if they don't have a rethink. Far too adventurous. Hats off to Hurricanes though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ian Smith right. First sign of change of tactics by Lions. Four short kicks in that one passage of play. Makes perfect sense both for conditions and for Hurricanes rush defence.

THAT is a game winning scrum right there! If the lions had got another penalty or driven them off they'd of been in all sorts of ****.

Lions showing absolutely zero adjustment to accommodate the conditions. This could go away from them quickly if they don't have a rethink. Far too adventurous. Hats off to Hurricanes though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ian Smith right. First sign of change of tactics by Lions. Four short kicks in that one passage of play. Makes perfect sense both for conditions and for Hurricanes rush defence.

Yep, they've been getting good returns from up and unders too, but for most of the half hardly ever kicked the ball

Both Barrett and TJ kicking the ball away for literally no ****ing reason. That last play from Barrett... WHY???????? WHY?

Hurricanes lead in the second half 10-3. The weather is definitely making any kind of running game very difficult.

Latest posts