• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] France vs Argentina (17/11/18)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
daFCYgK.png

Hc45KkY.png
j7lEIMe.png
77TMMVD.png

Venue: Stade Pierre-Mauroy
Time: 22:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Both showing signs of improvement with improved coaching. I think Brunel might be able to do enough with the pack at his disposal to limit the Pumas. But I'll wait on team selections.

A good test to see how were for that 2nd spot at the WC. We both know we will lose to ENG.

I think if we fix our scrum we could give any team bar the blacks a fair run for their money. Huge if, i know.
It's very frustrating to see how your historical asset is currently a mosntrous liability.

France: 15 Maxime Medard, 14 Teddy Thomas, 13 Mathieu Bastareaud, 12 Gael Fickou, 11 Yoann Huget, 10 Camille Lopez, 9 Baptiste Serin, 8 Louis Picamoles, 7 Artur Iturria, 6 Wenceslas Lauret, 5 Yoan Maestri, 4 Sebastien Vahaamahina, 3 Cedate Gomes Sa, 2 Guilhem Guirado (c), 1 Jefferson Poirot

Replacements: 16 Camille Chat, 17 Dany Priso, 18 Rabah Slimani, 19 Paul Gabrillagues, 20 Mathieu Babillot, 21 Antoine Dupont, 22 Anthony Belleau, 23 Benjamin Fall

Argentina: 15 Emiliano Boffelli, 14 Bautista Delguy, 13 Matias Orlando, 12 Jeronimo De La Fuente, 11 Ramiro Moyano, 10 Nicolas Sanchez, 9 Gonzalo Bertranou, 8 Javier Ortega Desio, 7 Guido Petti, 6 Pablo Matera (c), 5 Tomas Lavanini, 4 Matias Alemanno, 3 Santiago Medrano, 2 Augustin Creevy, 1 Santiago Garcia Botta

Replacements: 16 Julian Montoya, 17 Juan Pablo Zeiss, 18 Lucio Sordoni, 19 Mariano Galarza, 20 Rodrigo Bruni, 21 Tomas Lezana, 22 Tomas Cubelli, 23 Matias Moroni

Two fairly settled sides. I like Fickou at 12, he had some decent flashes in the 6N after a quiet start to his international career. I didn't see the France game last week so I'm struggling to judge this. It seems the Lopez / Serin partnership did quite well?

For cheapskates like me, Freesports will be showing a re-run of this from 0800hrs GMT/UTC tomorrow. It can be viewed via the TVPlayer app.

I think if we fix our scrum we could give any team bar the blacks a fair run for their money. Huge if, i know.
It's very frustrating to see how your historical asset is currently a mosntrous liability.

Yeah, the strength of the French pack is the only reason I'm struggling to pick a side here. Medium to long term at least Ledesma is a former forward and former forwards coach. You'd like to think he could make gradual improvement.

Uh...

Pumas by 1

this is terrible. I'm ashamed. sorry I'm gonna go now. good by.

To be honest, given our scrum, it was a small miracle that we were only losing by 1 point at half time.

Why did I not listen to my first post!? Forgive me Brunel for my lapse in belief. Seriously, France looking better all across the park than 12 months ago and actually breaking the gain line regularly. Even Basteraud seems like a good fit now.

French, like the Springboks, seem to be finally dragging themselves out of the mire that their international team has been in for the last 8/9 years or so. Brunel seems to have galvanised them and they have some serious talent starting to come through. Still think they are a few years behind the other big powers atm, but it's good to see.

French, like the Springboks, seem to be finally dragging themselves out of the mire that their international team has been in for the last 8/9 years or so. Brunel seems to have galvanised them and they have some serious talent starting to come through. Still think they are a few years behind the other big powers atm, but it's good to see.

but there was serious talent coming thru 8/9 yrs ago. Fofana Parra Picamoles etc. are world class and were starting then. What have they won playing for the union? nothing.

Truth is the post 2011 RWC generation has been wasted on the union. Why would it be any different for the upcoming generation with the union doing the same thing but expecting a different result?
I am optimistic about the talent coming thru. I think the U20 talent will shine for their clubs. It already is. N'Tamack at Toulouse. Joseph at Racing. Coville at SF. Woki at Bordeaux. Laporte at Agen etc.

However the union have showed they don't have what it takes to manage and coach talented youngsters at senior level. Sorry but their record of the last 10 yrs says they don't.

You can't make these things up. You need the right coaching personnel and structures as well as sound selection policy to harness the talent. The union have neither. The coaching talent is in Top 14. It's not with the union.

Also, what is the FFR selection policy of the last decade? nobody knows. Chop&Change? les Musical Chairs?

Last edited:

Latest posts