• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Six Nations] England Squad

Anyone else watching the live England training session?

Itoje's just so impressive. In all of the sprints/fitness drills he's miles out in front of the rest of the forwards and he's just scored a try from about 40m out putting in one of the biggest hand offs I've ever seen on Mallinder.

Edit: There's also a young looking guy there who I don't recognise. He's not listed in the 25-man squad but he looks good; very good footwork and very quick. Just no clue who he is. Winger I think.

What's he look like?

Anyone else watching the live England training session?

Itoje's just so impressive. In all of the sprints/fitness drills he's miles out in front of the rest of the forwards and he's just scored a try from about 40m out putting in one of the biggest hand offs I've ever seen on Mallinder.

Edit: There's also a young looking guy there who I don't recognise. He's not listed in the 25-man squad but he looks good; very good footwork and very quick. Just no clue who he is. Winger I think.

TBF a teddybear could hand off mallinder.

He looks a lot like Jack Maunder. I know it's not Jack Maunder, but physically he looks very similar to Jack Maunder.

DWJxIxRX0AAr5gC.jpg

The guy next to robshaw and behind Te'o?

Think it might be Cameron Redpath,
There's a few photos of the session on getty images and it looks like him in one of them (though only Nowell is named in the description)

Think it might be Cameron Redpath,
There's a few photos of the session on getty images and it looks like him in one of them (though only Nowell is named in the description)

Beat me to it, looks like Redpath to me.

29 man squad for Scotland:

Backs

Full backs
Mike Brown (Harlequins)
Nathan Earle (Saracens)
Gabriel Ibitoye (Harlequins) *
Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints)
Jonny May (Leicester Tigers)
Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks)
Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby)

Inside backs
Danny Care (Harlequins)
Owen Farrell (Saracens)
George Ford (Leicester Tigers)
Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby)
Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs)
Ben Te'o (Worcester Warriors)
Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens)

Forwards

Back five
Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby)
James Haskell (Wasps)
Nathan Hughes (Wasps)
Maro Itoje (Saracens)
George Kruis (Saracens)
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints)
Joe Launchbury (Wasps)
Chris Robshaw (Harlequins)
Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby)

Front row
Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers)
Jamie George (Saracens)
Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints)
Joe Marler (Harlequins)
Mako Vunipola (Saracens)
Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs)

29 man squad for Scotland:

Backs

Full backs
Mike Brown (Harlequins)
Nathan Earle (Saracens)
Gabriel Ibitoye (Harlequins) *
Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints)
Jonny May (Leicester Tigers)
Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks)
Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby)

Inside backs
Danny Care (Harlequins)
Owen Farrell (Saracens)
George Ford (Leicester Tigers)
Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby)
Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs)
Ben Te'o (Worcester Warriors)
Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens)

Forwards

Back five
Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby)
James Haskell (Wasps)
Nathan Hughes (Wasps)
Maro Itoje (Saracens)
George Kruis (Saracens)
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints)
Joe Launchbury (Wasps)
Chris Robshaw (Harlequins)
Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby)

Front row
Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers)
Jamie George (Saracens)
Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints)
Joe Marler (Harlequins)
Mako Vunipola (Saracens)
Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs)
I'm loving Ibitoye being in and around the squad, even as an apprentice, it shows that no matter what size you are, he's going to consider you. ItllI be interesting to see how he progresses

A second row at 6 again. Not a fan of that.

Shame Wiggles has still been chosen. He'll lose us a game by his mediocrity.

Other than that, happy to see Earle. Would like to see him in the 23 shirt but that isn't going to happen.

A second row at 6 again. Not a fan of that.

Shame Wiggles has still been chosen. He'll lose us a game by his mediocrity.

Other than that, happy to see Earle. Would like to see him in the 23 shirt but that isn't going to happen.
How so? Could still be 6. Robshaw 7. Underhill 8. Hughes. Or Hask could (God forbid) be in there.

We should all know by now that Eddie is loyal to his players (Hartley, Marler) and Hask is in that number. He'll be in the 23.

I'm expecting:
4. Itoje/Launch
5. Lawes (Of Itoje, Launch and himself he's the only real 5, which now that we don't have a lock in the back - in this selection anyway - will be needed)
6. Robshaw
7. Underhill
8. Hughes

19. Launch/Itoje
20. Haskell

Suprised sinkler isnt back in as an impact sub he could damage scotland. But no sinkler who has had a couple of games, just marler straight back in.

Pack:

Mako
Hartley
Cole
Itoje
Launch
Robshaw
Underhill
Hughes

Bench

George
Marler
Williams
Lawes
Hask.

Thats what i think, though ive said before robshaw underhill combo is shockingly bad. Half tempted to say 6 underhill 7 hask 8 hughes, gives 2 carriers then robshaw goes off for underhill amd lawes comes on for launch or any injury to the back 5. Least sinkler on the bench would have been some strong carries.

Cant wait till all are fit and we have mako and sinkler starting with genge and williams on the bench or even start williams and have to big carrying lumps on the bench...impact finishers...

Why you ruling out Hask? EJ's shown that he loves bringing in young players so I don't see why he'd waste a place on Hask if he didn't intend on playing him.

Where did I say I was ruling out Hask?

I can see Underhill being dropped from the 23, but we will have to wait and see.

Where did I say I was ruling out Hask?

I can see Underhill being dropped from the 23, but we will have to wait and see.
Well you saying that it had to be Lawes 6 or 2 locks on the bench meant that you had to be ignoring 1 back rower; I assumed it was Hask.