• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] France vs England (19/03/22)

What else do you expect from a bunch of suits who would have been more enthused about the prospect of a full Twickers for a few games rather than the possibility of winning the tournament?

Looks like another 18 months of Eddie then. Yet another mistake in my opinion. I wonder what the RFU will do in 12 months time when we're 4th or 5th again and Jones has just played Genge on the wing against Ireland?

Some players have made solid progress imo
Genge, Marchant and Steward being 2 obvious ones.

I didn't feel v France like we missed Kruis or Hill which is the first time in a while I felt like that with Kruis.

Our Forwards generally performed well compared to last year I think Cockers has done well in that regard.

But overall I don't see any real team progress espcially the backs as a unit.

Missed Wisemantel

Some players have made solid progress imo
Genge, Marchant and Steward being 2 obvious ones.

I didn't feel v France like we missed Kruis or Hill which is the first time in a while I felt like that with Kruis.

Our Forwards generally performed well compared to last year I think Cockers has done well in that regard.

But overall I don't see any real team progress espcially the backs as a unit.

Missed Wisemantel
2?

Encouraging ?
I couldn't help noticing Bill Sweeney on the touch line on Saturday evening, watching the players go through their final warm ups, and looking resplendent in his RFU tracksuit. It reminded me that there have been many sightings of him in the coaches box on TV during recent England matches, and I'm wondering WTF he's doing there? He seems to be trying to be Eddie's mate rather than his boss.

The RFU's statement must have been issued with his blessing, which seems to be a conflict of interest.

It's so strange to see such a well rounded French team. They are looking scary good at the moment.

I didn't really think Steward looked that great. Solid in D but really left looking lost in attack although I do blame that on the tactics rather than the player.

By absolutely no means would I consider replacing him but I actually thought Steward's stock dropped a fair bit this tournament. Made a few notable errors (such as the unpressured knock on vs Scotland) which isn't great for a player whose USP is essentially how solid they are.

It's so strange to see such a well rounded French team. They are looking scary good at the moment.
And yet, bar a few dropped overlaps, were they so much better than us...?

Ditto last week against the Irish...?

By absolutely no means would I consider replacing him but I actually thought Steward's stock dropped a fair bit this tournament. Made a few notable errors (such as the unpressured knock on vs Scotland) which isn't great for a player whose USP is essentially how solid they are.
He's 21 year old...he's allowed the odd error in his first 6n.

On back 3, Steward was fine on the wing but considering how shite Furbank was (especially in the fist half) he really shouldn't of been there.
Daly proved what he is a decent bench option in case of injury, I still don't want to see him starting. A game changer he is not either. Solid guy will give me kittens if ever at fullback again but then I'd start a winger who could cover FB if required. But at wing and center he's just uninspiring.

We went over it prematch we are not picking the players for our game plan or we are not picking the game plan for our players. Until EJ decide which one to do were always going to completely ineffective. We seam to be resting everything on attack on Manu being fit.

He's 21 year old...he's allowed the odd error in his first 6n.
I completely agree which is why I said I wouldn't consider replacing him. I just think it's odd to name him as one of the players who made significant progress when his showings weren't as impressive as during the AIs.

I completely agree which is why I said I wouldn't consider replacing him. I just think it's odd to name him as one of the players who made significant progress when his showings weren't as impressive as during the AIs.
You can still make progress over a tournament despite the odd handling errors. I think hes been one of our better players.

Er for me as the 6N's went on he looked a lot more confident.
From Wales onwards.
v France despite being out of position he stood out more than any other back bar Marchant.

IMO the pressure from the 6N's is far greater than the AI's.

Yes

3 trys to 1
They left potential scores out there with their mishandling.

We got everything that we generated.

Lost by 12 points.
12 points defeat against a supposed world beating France in Paris....for a Grand slam...isnt a kicking though. Especially with No actual 12, our 10 and 15 both playing their first 6n tournament and Steward on the wing...and clearly very strict team tactics...

Its not all doom and gloom

12 points defeat against a supposed world beating France in Paris....for a Grand slam...isnt a kicking though. Especially with No actual 12, our 10 and 15 both playing their first 6n tournament and Steward on the wing...and clearly very strict team tactics...

Its not all doom and gloom
We beat NZ by 12 points in the semi final with their one score being quite lucky. I don't think anyone would attempt to argue NZ were not comprehensively beaten start to finish in that game. That game was a kicking. France produced opportunities where they would have virtually walked in unopposed had they not dropped the ball. France don't drop it and you are looking at an extra 2 or 3 tries. It was a pummelling, same as the Ireland game was in the end. We've benefitted from teams making unforced handling errors. Also vs Wales we very nearly threw away a huge lead AGAIN. The only game where we looked in control was the Italy one.

Latest posts