• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] France vs England (19/03/22)

Congrats to France. Best team across the tournament, no arguments. (I think we've regressed a bit from the autumn)

Prob the win that (for me) marks them out for the world cup is the one in Wales.

Ball wasn't running for them, but they found a way. 99% of French sides in the past would have given it the old gallic shrug, muttered "c'est la vie", and took it as just another L on the road. They didn't.

I really don't think it was. I think you're being dramatic and harsh.

We were not good and there were some very poor individual performances, but overall, I thought we did OK against a much better side. There were more players that stood-up and had decent games than those that didn't turn-up.

I was genuinely worried that we would get a proper spanking and that didn't happen.

I think we all want to see change, but this OTT hysteria doesn't help.
I honestly thought we looked like Italy, in that we had a good 10-20 minute period, but the result was never in doubt.

I suppose England supporters just have to suck it up with blind confidence hoping that there's a method in Eddies madness.
I stopped watching at half time,so convinced was I that there was no structure whatsoever in our attack,they had us sussed already.

Honestly I feel that Malins at 15 with Steward wing last night might have worked quite well

Yeah, I don't really get why so many on here have been meming the idea so much. Seems to be mostly just because Jones is under fire so everything must be criticised. I think someone also made fun of Daly coming on on the wing as if he hasn't played the most successful rugby of his career there.

Fullback and wing aren't massively different positions and loads of teams have at least used one winger who is more fullbackesque. NZ dominated most of the last decade with guys who played their club rugby mostly at 15 wearing the 14 jersey. Keenan won his first international caps on the wing and both Irish wingers from yesterday have played Super Rugby as 15s.

Sure it might not work out in the end for you guys but it's not some idea that should be immediately dismissed out of hand and laughed at.

You Dont Say Nicholas Cage GIF

"I obviously haven't done a good enough job, I accept that, but we're moving in the right direction."

Are we? Or are a couple of other teams moving in the wrong direction more quickly?

Eddie has to go imo or he accepts someone to help with selection (which he won't accept).
However as part of any major restructure the RFU need to examine why come tournament time ((RWC 19 aside) we constantly have 8-10 or more players out injured or not fit. It has been like this for a decade.
No matter who you bring as head in even with Edwards as defence coach. You cant build a side without your better players and the constant disruption to selection. The RFU need to examine how players , train recover and dig into sports science at individual clubs.

I really don't think it was. I think you're being dramatic and harsh.

We were not good and there were some very poor individual performances, but overall, I thought we did OK against a much better side. There were more players that stood-up and had decent games than those that didn't turn-up.

I was genuinely worried that we would get a proper spanking and that didn't happen.

I think we all want to see change, but this OTT hysteria doesn't help.
But what's a proper spanking at International level? 12 points and almost double your opposition on the score board to me isn't a million miles off both had 15 for the duration both T1 nations, I will say though that Stuart on the wing wasn't terrible him competing for the high ball on attack could be an absolute weapon going forward.

Sorry, is that article claiming Ntamack bounced the pass to Fickou on purpose?

But what's a proper spanking at International level? 12 points and almost double your opposition on the score board to me isn't a million miles off both had 15 for the duration both T1 nations, I will say though that Stuart on the wing wasn't terrible him competing for the high ball on attack could be an absolute weapon going forward.
It was weird. The score was definitely closer than the gameplay suggests but I think you can credit England for managing the game as well as faulting France for failing to capitalize on some opportunities.

Sorry, is that article claiming Ntamack bounced the pass to Fickou on purpose?

Well it was a clever long pass which ended up bouncing before it got to Fikou. Suppose Meagher was just shortening it.

How can anyone possibly say they are encouraged and that we have solid progress? It's not like other teams where you can see what they are trying to do but not quite yet got it working (Ireland and France 2/3 years ago), I can't see what the hell Jones is attempting to achieve in any facet of how England play other than to kick as much as humanly possible, regardless of the outcome. It's not even like we have gone through some big rebuilding phase, we've just slumped.

2022: +5
2021: -9 That's progress right there
2020: +44 (numerology folks go crazy)
2019: +83
2018: +10
2017: +65