• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Wales vs England - 25 February 2023

Save on the electric at keep it open. Clearly tough times at the WRU every so every penny counts. They'll be on a prepaid meter soon.

Gats currently at the news agents "twenty Benson and a tenner on the lecky please". Whilst his mate Rob's next door putting a fiver on England.

What I found interesting what the suggestion that Ireland have mortgaged their future. I'm not clued up on their finances, but could they be in trouble in future too?

Screenshot_20230223_115640_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wales: Leigh Halfpenny, Josh Adams, Mason Grady, Joe Hawkins, Louis Rees-Zammit, Owen Williams, Tomos Williams, Gareth Thomas, Ken Owens (capt), Tomas Francis, Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Christ Tshiunza, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Bradley Roberts, Rhys Carre, Dillon Lewis, Dafydd Jenkins, Tommy Reffell, Kieran Hardy, Dan Biggar, Nick Tompkins.

ENGLAND MATCH DAY SQUAD
Starting
15. Freddie Steward
14. Max Malins
13. Henry Slade
12. Ollie Lawrence
11. Anthony Watson
10. Owen Farrell (C)
9. Jack van Poortvliet
1. Ellis Genge
2. Jamie George
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. Maro Itoje
5. Ollie Chessum
6. Lewis Ludlam
7. Jack Willis
8. Alex Dombrandt

Replacements
16. Jack Walker
17. Mako Vunipola
18. Dan Cole
19. Courtney Lawes
20. Ben Curry
21. Alex Mitchell
22. Marcus Smith
23. Henry Arundell

ENGLAND MATCH DAY SQUAD
Starting
15. Freddie Steward
14. Max Malins
13. Henry Slade
12. Ollie Lawrence
11. Anthony Watson10. Owen Farrell (C)
9. Jack van Poortvliet
1. Ellis Genge
2. Jamie George
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. Maro Itoje
5. Ollie Chessum
6. Lewis Ludlam
7. Jack Willis
8. Alex Dombrandt

Replacements
16. Jack Walker
17. Mako Vunipola
18. Dan Cole
19. Courtney Lawes
20. Ben Curry
21. Alex Mitchell
22. Marcus Smith
23. Henry Arundell
Wonder where Lawes will come on? Hopfully for itoje(injuries aside)

Happy with that team tbh, want Tom Curry in there, Watson is in on form so not unhappy. Tbh.

Hopfully our attack has continued to evolve away from kicking everything in the 22...

I'd rather Earl coming the bench than Curry, really. For me Curry is the kind of player who either starts or isn't involved.
Wonder where Lawes will come on? Hopfully for itoje(injuries aside).
Isiekwe, who is a lock, has been coming on at 6. So you'd hope that Lawes, who is a 6, will also be coming on at 6.

Only other complaint (and it's not even really a complaint) is that I would like to see Arundell get a start at some point and given our last 2 games, this seemed like the opportunity to do it. At the moment he's had a couple of fantastic cameos but it's hard to judge whether those are flukes or if he's the real deal. I'd like to see him get a start to figure out which of those it is.

Disappointed still no shot for Murley, but not sure who would get the chop. That Italy game was the one for him realistically

Disappointed still no shot for Murley, but not sure who would get the chop. That Italy game was the one for him realistically
Malins has been reasonable, but not flawless. He's got 15 caps, though not all recent, is that enough to view him as a known quantity?

If anyone dropped out for Murley or Arundell it should be him imo.

Malins has been reasonable, but not flawless. He's got 15 caps, though not all recent, is that enough to view him as a known quantity?

If anyone dropped out for Murley or Arundell it should be him imo.
I've openly had my doubts about Malins and I still don't think he's the answer BUT he has undeniably played well the last couple of games (frankly, he's completely outplayed OHC) and so dropping him would be very unfair IMO.

That 23 makes sense from the 26 that we had earlier in the week. Still don't get why Mako is there in the grander scheme of things; would much rather see Rodd get some time.

EDIT: Actually says a lot about the general quality of the starters that I just glanced at them, went 'Yep', and moved on. Can't remember the last time I didn't have any solid reservations

Latest posts