• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Wales vs England - 25 February 2023

Don't get me wrong, I've felt like that about Mako for a while, but when he was still putting in some decent impact here and there (not consistently), there was small semblance of an argument to retain him. Now he's just ambling around in between collapsing scrums, there is 0 justification for picking him.

Don't get me wrong, I've felt like that about Mako for a while, but when he was still putting in some decent impact here and there (not consistently), there was small semblance of an argument to retain him. Now he's just ambling around in between collapsing scrums, there is 0 justification for picking him.
Both Vunipolas seem to be charging down the "not giving a **** any more" road far faster than they charge around the field any more. TBH they both look like they are done with rugby.

They look four years older than they actually are. Doesn't help that during their prime they were both focused on winning the impact. They are just past it and England needs to be looking elsewhere to find the skills they used to possess.

Both Vunipolas seem to be charging down the "not giving a **** any more" road far faster than they charge around the field any more. TBH they both look like they are done with rugby.
Less Not Giving A **** Any More Road and more Game's Moved On And Knocking On A Bit With Quite A Few Injuries Under Their Belts Boulevard in my book.

Net result the same though. Thanks for the good times but time to move on.

Might actually be worth getting Netflix for the documentary they're making about the Welsh team during this.

Wonder how they'll spin it?

Might actually be worth getting Netflix for the documentary they're making about the Welsh team during this.

Wonder how they'll spin it?
I don't know how much spinning they can do as word is Netflix has complete editorial control unlike the football ones where the clubs had editorial control. Word out the camp was that the Netflix camera crew were not allowed in some meetings.

Certainly the Welsh have refused to cooperate. Haven't heard anything about the Irish kicking them out.

If it's anything like Drive to Survive, they will have no problem building on the drama. If anything, this is probably the best thing Netflix could have wished for.

What's the chances of lawes coming on to take the arm band and farrell going off for Smith?

Times player write ups describing JVP as 4 RWCs younger than AWJ. Kind of brings it home.
I'm OK with AWJ starting this one, but he needed to be paired with one of Daf Jenkins or Rhys Davies, not the useless Adam Beard!

Whilst I think Gatland is close to our best backline, Halfpenny aside, I still think the pack lacks ball carriers. Rhys Carre deserved a start to show whay he can offer from the first whistle as does the combative Davies in thr second row. I honestly would be happy with any of Reffell, Morgan or Tipuric at 7, but when the rest of the pack lacks a little physicality I'd argue Morgan or Refell would be better suited to this game. Tipuric's an awesome player in many ways, one of my all-time favourites, but his steengths don't lie at the breakdown or ball carrying. There's a lot of pressure on Owens, Tshiunza and Faletau to get us over the gainline and that's not worked well for us so far this 6N.

The whole roof thing is pretty boring now but I guess it's a question he's always going to be asked and it's not like he can't answer it but yeah wish he's just bat it away with a "not our decision next question"

Having said that it is stupid the 6N rule how both teams have to agree and if you look at France, Ire and NZ all them come with super confidence and are just like yeah alright bring it on we don't care so I think insisting that is open kind of projects a negative energy into your group.

I can only imagine what the last 2 weeks has done for the prep for this game so I imagine it will be a spirited performance from Wales, but one that will lead to a loss. I like the backline, had to drop North after the last game and try something new ready for the world cup. Might not pay off today but think it's the right move in the long run.

Looking forward to seeing Rhys Carre come on again, his carries have been excellent and he can offload. He should be ok in the scrum. Dillon is the Achilles heel of the front row replacements, he still can't scrum for toffee and I expect him to get smashed again the more experienced England front row. Tipuric starting is a massive mistake for me. I've argued many times before he's world class in the loose but constantly gets overpowered at the breakdown at international level. Think the England backrow will boss it today and make it very difficult for the welsh backline. Expecting Tomos Williams to be under a huge amount of pressure as he has been the last 2 games.

Latest posts