• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] France vs England - 16/03/24

SB's talking a good game on continuity, but let's see how he (we!) reacts when Furbank spills a couple of high balls.

I suspect Steward will be back involved sooner rather than later. But if not I'd be expecting him to start learning French. Just on basic maths there aren't going to be many central contracts available for those outside the current match day 23 and losing >£20k per game that you're used to is going to sting.
Will create a problems when a few on central contacts get injured and there is no one decent to replace fhsm. Do wonder also how it having players who are earning a lot less coming in temporary affects team balance. Does cause issues and tensions in Cricket.

I suspect he will sign for a French club before next year's six Nations.

Last edited:
Will create a problems when a few on central contacts get injured and there is no one decent to replace fhsm. Do wonder also how it having players who are earning a lot less coming in temporary affects team balance. Does cause issues and tensions in Cricket.

I suspect he will sign for a French club before next year's six Nations.
Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

This is a pretty big game for Borthwick. Revert back to type and Ireland just looks like the kind of anomaly that happens every so often.

Win and there's genuine momentum going into the summer. A gutsy defeat would be a bit so what as France aren't fully firing and we should always be putting up a fight.

The French have some very big tight 5 forwards starting and on the bench. Getting drawn into an arm wrestle only has one winner. But if we have the courage of our convictions to run their big guys around and go after their line out then who knows. But got to be fairly controlled - reckless isn't generally a good thing against France either.

Hope I'm wrong but I can see France taking this. At home, although not Paris, with a bit of a point to prove and emotionally I suspect we might struggle to hit last week's heights again. Our bench also doesn't fill me with confidence.

I wonder why he won't just say I'm retiring from internationals before the match.
Maybe he doesn't want the distractions?
Some players want to announce beforehand, and take their lap of honour etc; others would rather go quietly.

Maybe he doesn't want the distractions?
Some players want to announce beforehand, and take their lap of honour etc; others would rather go quietly.
Surprised he's only 32, to be honest; he's been around forever and I guess would have been a fixture for many years if only he'd not been so unlucky with injury.

It would be very England like to lose this after beating Ireland.
To be fair, this (Ire v Sco) match is taking all the pressure and tension out of France v England.

Whoever can find some intensity with nothing to play for, is likely to win.
You'd always favour the home team in that situation.

Surprised he's only 32, to be honest; he's been around forever and I guess would have been a fixture for many years if only he'd not been so unlucky with injury.
Will always be a massive what if for English rugby, an absaloute weapon in his prime, unfortunately, we didnt get to see much of it due to injury. Is he going to keep playing club rugby?

Looking forward to this one and really hoping we see our attack develop further. Thats the main thing im looking for.

Really hope were up for it with the championship not on the line.

Get Kiser a beer, describing a pass as erotic is quite something.

Commentator no idea where Lyons is or France has shrunk

Latest posts