• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] France vs England - 16/03/24

Done out of it by a convict ****** of a ref.
Chicken Wings Love GIF by Buffalo Wild Wings

I quite enjoyed those if I am honest, I never expect to much from the first 6 nations post WC, it started off meh but I enjoyed it more as it went in.
You can enjoy them, doesn't make them high quality...

I thoroughly enjoyed Portugal v Fiji in the RWC, but my God it was pish quality wise!

Done out of it by a convict ****** of a ref.
Can't complain losing to a single descison, it's upto you as a team to take it away from that, lots to be pleased with, main worry though is how good France will be again when DuPont and N'tmack return, think their missing quite a few from their pack, they almost have SA level depth there.

Be interested to see what the make up of the summer tour will be. That will probably be it for Care, Tuilagi who at least England have moved on for. Marler if he doesn't retire doesn't seem to be one for the long tours.

Time to move on I reckon from the older heads.

Thought George Ford was very good tonight, he was last week but got flack for missing points from the tee but in a winning side.....
Surely add Daly to those gone as well.

I really want to see some of the young props given a go tbh. Maybe a bit early but really need to bring on teh depth there and the talent is surprisingly pretty plentiful at the minute, will stuart just aint it at the international level.

Rus tuima for me is another, would offer something different and potentially a backup to martin. Think Dan has potential, but he is a bit to far away to be considered the true backup and is probably worth looking at what else is there in case he cant get his darts right. Would also like to see what this looks like with earl at 7 and a true 8 like barbeary or someone else, but I guess why would you mess with the portion of the team that always looks class.

I think Ford is still class I am a bit torn about whether you should rest him in the summer and see what finn smith has got, but in reality probably need some experience there.

The team that just narrowly lost this 6N has improved alot and showed so much more than the one that started the 6N. So i think its a beem a positive tournement.

Gutted Smith didnt get time on at 10, gutted we had to have Daly instead IFW. Think he would have added something to this team.

Daly and Roots probably could do with better replacements. Tbh not sure who. I'm assuming Tom Curry is out the picture for a long time.
Luckily Ben was statistically the best defensive 7 in the world in 2023 so we have a decent replacement

Coped well with early disruption with Furbank going off. IFW was a a big miss as it meant not rolling the dice on one of Muir or Roebuck and throwing them straight in. At least the coaching ticket now hopefully realise that there's no replacement for pace and power out on the wing. Thought Freeman was break through player he's young and will get better, perhaps move in a position or two for England in time?

CCS brought real impact off the bench. I'll be annoyed if Roots gets continued with unless he's pulling up Tree's for Exeter, don't see him as the best 6 available and he's not an impact player.

You can enjoy them, doesn't make them high quality...

I thoroughly enjoyed Portugal v Fiji in the RWC, but my God it was pish quality wise!
How are we defining quality though? If at the heart of it is entertainment factor and people enjoy it and are entertained by it, is that not a level of quality, sure we never got the nail biting slammer contenders deciding it on their last game, most teams are in transition somewhat post WC just think you need to be realistic. Genuinely not saying it because your Welsh, the worst tournament I can remember (if I am recalling correctly) was the 2019 one Wales won and the general product was pretty uninspiring, Wales largely won due to cards (not disagreeing they should have been either).

Pepper/Pearson/Pollock.

Borthwick loves the three P''s, Prior Planning and Preparation. If ever there was a man who loved a good mnemonic.
The 8 Ps you mean? Proper Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents P*ss Poor Performance.

I don't think England will win anything with him, but I'm not seeing any other managers that could either so 🤷‍♂️. In years to come when people look back at his time, I imagine they'll write he was a safe and steady manager, but he could never get them playing with any consistency.
Glad to see your another that is clueless...

Damn you radiate so much negativity! Let people enjoy a game of rugby and let fans be fans!
This was a question of fact, I didnt say it was negative, but obviously you understand it as a negative trait of fans to do an Icelandic football chant, at a 6N rugby match, in the south of France.

Why not just answer the question?