• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Wales vs Italy - 16/03/24

The bookies have Wales by 9 points or something i think They also had Ireland by 12 against England.
To be fair, I don't think many people called that England result.

To add to that Wales and Italy have both been wildly inconsistent. The most likely outcome for me is that Wales will win by less than 7 in a frantic game and still come bottom.

We really need Refell to be fit, he is a game changer.

Team announcement today. He'll obviously go Jenkins at 6 again and I'd be gobsmacked if North and Tompkins aren't brought back in. Adams should be dropped but won't and can't see too many surprises other than that.

I'm supporting Ita for this one.

A. Out of principle.

B. Because Ita finishing with 2 wins, a draw and their narrowest defeat v Eng would be brilliant for them, the 6N and rugby generally. Wal will come again but this could be a real breakthrough for Ita.

Momentum's really important in sport and Ita have it - against expectations, unbeaten in their last 2 whereas Wal have taken some proper punishment in their last 2 games.

Although competitive against a poor Eng Wal also should have been on the end of a scoreboard kicking v Sco - credit for the fightback but the game had gone in the first half. Ita took a beating from Ire in Dublin but have recovered from that and otherwise have been competitive and entertaining.

I think Wales will win, they'll slow the game down to a snails pace and force the errors. Away this weekend and don't think I'll be going out of my way for this one (not 100% sure I will for Ireland either to be fair).

Wales to win this one by at least 10 points.
Would love to see Italy win, but I think they shot their bolt against Scotland and Principality stadium is a difficult place for visiting teams to win. Italy and Wales are probably even at the moment, not much between the sides.
Will be supporting Italy all the way..

Kin hell, Rowlands back on the bench. wtf is he thinking I would've rathered he just played Jenkins at 6 again (even though I totally disagree with that)

On what planet is Beard better than Rowlands?

Wales team: 15. Cameron Winnett, 14. Josh Adams, 13. George North 12. Nick Tompkins, 11. Rio Dyer, 10. Sam Costelow, 9 Tomos Williams; 1. Gareth Thomas, 2. Elliot Dee, 3. Dillon Lewis 4. Dafydd Jenkins (capt), 5. Adam Beard, 6. Alex Mann, 7. Tommy Reffell, 8. Aaron Wainwright

Replacements: 16. Evan Lloyd, 17. Kemsley Mathias, 18. Harri O'Connor, 19. Will Rowlands, 20. Mackenzie Martin, 21. Kieran Hardy, 22. Ioan Lloyd, 23. Mason Grady.

I want Italy to win, but I fully expect Wales to pull a win out of the bag just to avoid the wooden spoon.

Italy historically fade after 60 and wales under gatland are supposedly the fittest in the history of sport.

After last week though, Italy look to be able to bring it for a full 80 under quesada and wales let the floodgates open in the last 60.

Wales has better talent but I think Italy comes out with a better plan. Should be a close one.

This is George North's swansong

Remember him making his debut and everyone saying how insanely young he was to be playing international rugby/that well

Aging Matt Damon GIF

Italy historically fade after 60 and wales under gatland are supposedly the fittest in the history of sport.

After last week though, Italy look to be able to bring it for a full 80 under quesada and wales let the floodgates open in the last 60.

Wales has better talent but I think Italy comes out with a better plan. Should be a close one.

Do you think Wales have better talent? It's marginal to me, a combined team would be at most a 6/9 split with some marginal calls in there. (Don't want to comment on the bench because what on earth is a Harri O'Connor?)

Latest posts