• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

5 Players You Would Like to Bar From The WC (max 2 players per country)

valley commando

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Pontypridd
Which 5 players would you bar from the WC ie which players would your country benefit from not facing.

Dan Cole England
Aaron Cruden NZ
Richie McCAw NZ
Hooper Oz
Folau Oz

Having a look at our most likely road to a potential ***le:

Aus - Pocock
NZ - McCaw
NZ - Ben Smith
Ireland - Sexton
Ireland - Kearney
You might laugh about Kearney but I'm dead serious; the guy has sunk us almost single handedly the one time and hugely contributed to our downfall on another occasion. Either him or Murray.

Bar those 5 and I'd actually be quite optimistic.

Last edited:
Which 5 players would you bar from the WC ie which players would your country benefit from not facing.

Dan Cole England
Aaron Cruden NZ
Richie McCAw NZ
Hooper Oz
Folau Oz

Cruden's already out with injury, no need to bar him.

I'd go for
George North (maybe Jamie Roberts instead)
Folau
Pocock
McCaw
Savea (maybe Ben Smith)

Well looking at our pool, there's no real threat from one specific guy, so I'd look at the knockouts.

Folau (Aus)
Pocock (Aus)

Mccaw (NZ)
Read (NZ)

Sexton (IRE)

To help England
Kepu (Oz)- They have poor props anyway, keep weakening and it's almost guaranteed 15-18 points on scrum penalties.
North (wales)- We can contain Roberts, North will be harder.
Coles (NZ)- Back Ups are poor
Smith (NZ)- Best back in the world, anything to weaken them.
Pollard (SA)- I'd fancy us against Steyn, Lambie is good but Pollard is dangerous.

Chris Robshaw (Just to make every post on the English threads over the last 36 months relevant)
Jonathan Sexton
Israel Dagg (can be your own country right?)
Sonny Bill Williams (come at me)
James Slipper (for giggles at Australia's front row).

McCaw and Read. We boss the blacks back row, we should win.
Vermuelan. Similar reason to the above.
Michael Hooper. That lad causes us trouble.
Halfpenny. Can't see Wales beating us without him.

No point picking Frenchies. It really won't change them! :D

Slipper
Pocock

Halfpenny
North

Mtawarira

That gets us out of our group and then gives us more of a chance in the semi final (assuming I've worked out who England face correctly. I'm thinking without those we should win our group, so Samoa quarters, SA semis?)

Slipper
Pocock

Halfpenny
North

Mtawarira

That gets us out of our group and then gives us more of a chance in the semi final (assuming I've worked out who England face correctly. I'm thinking without those we should win our group, so Samoa quarters, SA semis?)

Nah, it would probe be Samoa/Scot then Ireland

Julian Savea (NZ)
Ma'a Nonu (NZ)
Israel Folau (OZ)
Tevita Kuridrani (OZ)
Damian de Allende (SA)

Gethin Jenkins (WAL)
Jonathan Sexton (IRE)
David Pocock (AUS)
Bismarck du Plessis (SA)
Willie le Roux (SA)

I would have put down Kiwi's but unless you can take out 10 or so, not sure it would make all that much difference....

those two kids they have in midfield (SA) in one off games this is what SA need to upset the AB's, athletic & talented kids with the potential to have a blinder
pocock & slipper (AUS) because pocock is scary good at breakdown and they dont have much front row depth behind slipper, he's good around the park too.
TDT (france) I dont watch much of franc between WC's unless they play the AB's but I think he's still their talisman.
Jenkins (WAL)
Sexton (IRE)

and from the AB's I'd remove Andy Elis & Israel Dagg. Elis just needs to GTFO, smart player but too slow. Dagg is ok, but OK at best is not good enough to continually keep the best 15 in the world from playing 15, it's getting a bit stupid.