• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Andy Farrell is here as defense coach and assistant backs coach until end of season.

The Irish really like Farrell i guess.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE beat Stade.
We will beat Stade. I 100% guarantee that. They wont get a loosing BP either.

Regards Farrell, I'm delighted. I know some don't like him but from being outside the English view I think he's a superb defense coach which we need. And he's a hell of a motivator and speaker which is what we need now.

Changed attitude inside camp?
Yesterdays session was supposed to be light recovery and non-contact but after a few home truths were fired out across the board the session turned feisty and had a bit of bite and ended up being a conditioned type game that was physical. Changed attitudes but more a bit of boiling point for a few.

Yesterdays session was supposed to be light recovery and non-contact but after a few home truths were fired out across the board the session turned feisty and had a bit of bite and ended up being a conditioned type game that was physical. Changed attitudes but more a bit of boiling point for a few.

Leicester used to do that on a Monday esp after a loss during the good old days of Johnson, Corry etc.

It really does help clear out the air more.

Leicester used to do that on a Monday esp after a loss during the good old days of Johnson, Corry etc.

It really does help clear out the air more.

We will see Saturday. But our boys need a lot more of it. I think the game has got a bit softer since those days too.

Regards Farrell, I'm delighted. I know some don't like him but from being outside the English view I think he's a superb defense coach which we need. And he's a hell of a motivator and speaker which is what we need now.
You should be ****ting yourself inside out over the prospect of him being "assistant backs coach" though.
Your backs look a mess as it is, he's only going to make things 10x worse.

I've moved beyond the sniggering at the passhun-ate ones to feeling sorry for them.

Rudderless, leaderless, clueless and now seemingly a Sassenach is riding in on a white charger to save the day... oh how the mighty have fallen!

You should be ****ting yourself inside out over the prospect of him being "assistant backs coach" though.

Can't get any worse than rock bottom. Should be interesting how he gets on with Foley.

Was Andy Farrell imposed on the coaching team or does Anthony Foley want him to be there?

Seeing as Farrell is on international gardening leave until the summer, perhaps it makes sense for Munster's Ireland internationals to get a head start on his defensive philosophies before then. Their current coaching structure seems to be in need of a shake up anyway. Despite not having the same quality of player they did from 2002-2010, they're still woefully underperforming.

Would say its the rather 'elegant' cost neutral crisis managent our country makes a habit of, hopefully it precedes a new cycle with a root and branch approach at all levels of player development province wide.

The bigger problem is the step... no, leaps, backwards they have taken since Rob Penney left!

Doubt that, Munster's backs are as bad as they can be. They'll remain where they are or see improvement. As bad as he may be, Munster are so tragic that they can only get better.

Was Andy Farrell imposed on the coaching team or does Anthony Foley want him to be there?

Seeing as Farrell is on international gardening leave until the summer, perhaps it makes sense for Munster's Ireland internationals to get a head start on his defensive philosophies before then. Their current coaching structure seems to be in need of a shake up anyway. Despite not having the same quality of player they did from 2002-2010, they're still woefully underperforming.

Was requested by Munster. And well he is a Lions level coach. I'm sure he has some experience that'll benefit us.

Was Zebo kicking ass? ;)

Unfortunately Zebo was going through the motions but 1 lad who was really up for it was Ronan O'Mahony. A lot of the younger lads really fancy their chances now. Young guys like Scannell and the Johnston boys look really like they might break through. Frontrow looks like it may be a worry for us Saturday but other than that we looked good. CJ and POM spoke brilliantly in training too.

yea i guess if SF gets 2 red card you might have a chance to get the defensive bonus point or even win by a point. But nothing is impossible in ireland, maybe we ll have 3 red cards, hope mate :)

yea i guess if SF gets 2 red card you might have a chance to get the defensive bonus point or even win by a point. But nothing is impossible in ireland, maybe we ll have 3 red cards, hope mate :)

Well better Stade teams have came to Limerick and failed. But again just watch and see this week Munster know talk is cheap. We've a lot more at stake than Stade

Well better Stade teams have came to Limerick and failed. But again just watch and see �� this week Munster know talk is cheap. We've a lot more at stake than Stade

yes, better sf teams, but honestly, i ve seen this year the worse munster i have ever seen. Lets be serious, this defeat in Paris is no accident, sf is in bad shape, yet manages by simply playing on basics to put 27 points with only 14 players.
Also, sf has still a chance to continue as one of the best second, when munster is already off the competition. I d be surprised if coach sends your big big team to get a honourous victory.
The only thing is SF didnt do yet 2 good matches in a row this season, so i have no idea what to expect from them this time.

Latest posts