• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Ruddock being shunted out if it isn't voluntary doesn't sit right for me more than the others for some reason. Man's 33, has no international prospects going forward and has captained his province many times.
I believe it is more his contract may be up and would agree with you it isn't right but are they trying to clear some of the backlog I'm not sure.

Like experienced heads are needed in those teams you lack internationals.

Was doubtful about the value of that Quins fixture but great game played in good spirit. Lots of young lads getting time, lots of experienced players easing back in. Helps build momentum for the season, puts some money in Quins' coffers and is a good exhibition.

Was doubtful about the value of that Quins fixture but great game played in good spirit. Lots of young lads getting time, lots of experienced players easing back in. Helps build momentum for the season, puts some money in Quins' coffers and is a good exhibition.
Was a great workout for us. Learned alot more than expected. And fans got moneys worth.

Interesting that ultan wasn't it the big renewal's announcement by laR
Fingers crossed
Yeah seems to indicate he's coming our way, which is a boost.

Contract news yesterday was interesting. Buckley on a new deal and Donnelly stepping up. Makes me wonder if we are struggling with those Front row signings. I'm sure he's a good pro, but I am a bit sceptical on Donnelly in terms of size. He's around 5"9 at a push 110KG, so the odds are against him there.

Buckley has been a frustrating player at times. I think there is certainly a good player there, he's a brick of a lad, definitely has the strength but all for nought if he can't clean up the throwing in particular.

Butler and Coughlan are both exciting to me. Both pretty polished for their age, Coughlan in particular doesn't look out of place at this level. We're very well set at halfback, esp if Burns comes.

Yeah seems to indicate he's coming our way, which is a boost.

Contract news yesterday was interesting. Buckley on a new deal and Donnelly stepping up. Makes me wonder if we are struggling with those Front row signings. I'm sure he's a good pro, but I am a bit sceptical on Donnelly in terms of size. He's around 5"9 at a push 110KG, so the odds are against him there.

Buckley has been a frustrating player at times. I think there is certainly a good player there, he's a brick of a lad, definitely has the strength but all for nought if he can't clean up the throwing in particular.

Butler and Coughlan are both exciting to me. Both pretty polished for their age, Coughlan in particular doesn't look out of place at this level. We're very well set at halfback, esp if Burns comes.
To answer the short as of this morning front row incomings are still very active

If he plays, how would that affect his time in Munster?

We didn't have room for a fit Ringrose yesterday. Frisch won't be getting in before August.
Maybe or maybe will get capped if McCloskey spot. The argument will be can IRFU punish us for developing an IQ player to international standard. Regardless of this I feel a big change coming on NIQ quota model.

Frisch?
Bit of a stretch he was very very good for Bristol, that's why you signed him
No meant Kleyn, Healy and argument could be made for lads who never get capped but are international level.
Again not isolating this to a Munster issue but do feel the change is coming.

An example could be at start of season to now we have 2 NIQ spots taken despite signing noone but investing time in to developing.

I should add it not a slight at Irish coaching team. If they don't rate Frisch then that is their right but provinces can't be punished for it either.

Can't see Frisch being capped next week but now the debate will be under spotlight until after summer tour and as I said I believe he gets capped this summer but by who is the question.

Aki won't be around for too long more, Henshaw has injury issues. The point isn't saying Frisch is ahead of them but do you build depth so when a RWC does come we have that depth or do we continue on 1 year cycles. The same sould be said for POM as captain this year.

Last edited:
outside fickou and Danty France is robbing the cresh (am I using that right) for centers. am a bit surprised they didn't recall Vincent if they needed an outside center.

Weird that France don't have a better centre than Frisch tbh. He needs two injuries if not three to crack the Ireland squad.
To be fair Frisch is a top centre but not the "French power type" they seem to want which convinces me he won't be capped next week.

But I see now the conversation for Osbourne to Ulster has been triggered.

Would Tony fresh playing for France affect our ability to bring in a niq front rower at present? Or is that adding 2+2 = 5786

Latest posts