• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Hoyle brought this on himself. He was warned by the clerk he was breaking convention. Was aware how this could backfire. Yet instead he chose to cause an absolute farce. Having to apologise to the SNP and now the more important issue of Israel/Gaza has taken a back seat. Labour, The SNP, Tories none of them can hold the high ground today.

If there is any truth in this (which I think it is) it could lead to some very serious consequences including disbanding the Regiment.

Judge a d8k too it seems.

During his first day of testimony to the inquiry on Tuesday, Mr Mercer repeatedly refused to provide the names of members of UK Special Forces who had given him first and second-hand accounts of alleged SAS war crimes.
Returning to the matter on Wednesday, the inquiry chairman Lord Justice Haddon-Cave called the minister's refusal "completely unacceptable".
"You need to decide which side you are really on, Mr Mercer," Lord Justice Haddon-Cave said

Quite obvious why he isn't naming the names - even a dumbfuk lawyer should be able to figure out why.

Those people aren't likely to be encouraged to volunteer to come forward by the way this arshole Haddon-Cave is acting

Hoyle brought this on himself. He was warned by the clerk he was breaking convention. Was aware how this could backfire. Yet instead he chose to cause an absolute farce. Having to apologise to the SNP and now the more important issue of Israel/Gaza has taken a back seat. Labour, The SNP, Tories none of them can hold the high ground today.

Hoyle is useless anyway. Long past time he was kicked out.

If there is any truth in this (which I think it is) it could lead to some very serious consequences including disbanding the Regiment.
This is on top of not supporting their relocation which has led to many of them being tortured and killed by the Taliban.

So it's turned out that the "whistle blower" from the FBI the Republicans built huge chunks of their impeachment around was lying about the whole thing. Worse still, the lies he spread were fed to him by the Russian intelligence service. Republicans in Congress have the the most useful idiots for Russia and the far right, both in the USA and the UK, seem to lap up Russian propaganda and then spread it like crazy.

This needs to really be brought to the forefront. Lots of Brexit misinformation was spread by Russia, the Biden misinformation was spread by Russia, Russia was supporting Trump...

Questions should now be asked, at what point the Republicans knew the information was false and continued anyway. If they knew all along, then they have carried out a targeted political attack on a private citizen off the back of knowingly false information. More and more of the tick boxes of what fascism looks like are being ticked by the Republicans. People really need to take note and not just in the USA, if they take over the USA it will plunge the world into chaos.

Rather than correcting things though, the far right are doubling down, the fact that every bullshit conspiracy they believe turns out to be based on lies is just the grounds to make another bullshit conspiracy to cover up why the one before was shown to be false. These people are off the rails.

Last edited:
TBH I don't know too much about Navelny apart from he was vehemently opposed to Putin and assumed he was opposed to the invasion of Ukraine.

But it's by the by now other than he is portrayed as a martyr. Any discussion what he would have done and views is moot.

How his widow can carry on her late husband's work without coming to harm herself and silenced remains to be seen. Have we heard much from Litvinenko's widow since her husband was also silenced and the Skripals since they have gone into witness protection?
Just on this I think I need to back track on my initial statement, he was opposed to the invasion of Ukraine and although in his early career he did meet and talk with right wing elements his last 10 years have been opposed to Putin and his regime and he was a much braver man than me.

Its amusing because depoliticising the bank of england was one of the things Brown did which is usally agreed as very good thng.