• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Someone should ask this how many they'll personally take. Madness.
I hate this argument. Apparently you cannot have an opinion on broader national policy without doing it yourself only. I think we should pay more towards the NHS, I don't think I alone should therefore donate more to the NHS but I would agree to it as part of a national policy.

To put it another way, to anyone who argues in favour of blocking asylum seekers for example, why aren't you joining the border force?

I hate this argument. Apparently you cannot have an opinion on broader national policy without doing it yourself only. I think we should pay more towards the NHS, I don't think I alone should therefore donate more to the NHS but I would agree to it as part of a national policy.

To put it another way, to anyone who argues in favour of blocking asylum seekers for example, why aren't you joining the border force?
Then you're jumping to conclusions. We should do more, but acting like a child about it won't do anything.

Then you're jumping to conclusions. We should do more, but acting like a child about it won't do anything.
I'm not jumping to any conclusions, you literally said "Someone should ask this how many they'll personally take" as if that's actually an argument. It isn't. It's an idiotic piece of rhetoric than falsely claims unless you are personally doing something you cannot support a position without being a hypocrite. It's nonsense.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions, you literally said "Someone should ask this how many they'll personally take" as if that's actually an argument. It isn't. It's an idiotic piece of rhetoric than falsely claims unless you are personally doing something you cannot support a position without being a hypocrite. It's nonsense.
Then you're wrong. There's loads they can do without resorting to throwing a temper tantrum because they can't get the toy they wanted. Grow up.

Last edited:
Then you're wrong. There's loads they can do without resorting to throwing a temper tantrum because they can't get the toy they wanting. Grow up.
This has nothing to do with temper tantrum or the protests and everything to do with your stupid claim that you need to personally be doing something in order to support a position. I suggest you're the one that needs to grow up if you feel that is anything other than an absolutely idiotic point to make.

I'm not defending what these people are doing one bit but I'm tired of this crap rhetoric flying around unchallenged. You made no other comment on it other than what they would be prepared to do personally and now you are annoyed you are getting called out on it? The rhetoric you are using is IDENTICAL to the nonsense used by the far right to oppose every and all social policy, that you cannot advocate for anything that would cost money or require anyone to do anything unless you personally do it, regardless of what the national position is.

This has nothing to do with temper tantrum or the protests and everything to do with your stupid claim that you need to personally be doing something in order to support a position. I suggest you're the one that needs to grow up if you feel that is anything other than an absolutely idiotic point to make.

I'm not defending what these people are doing one bit but I'm tired of this crap rhetoric flying around unchallenged. You made no other comment on it other than what they would be prepared to do personally and now you are annoyed you are getting called out on it? The rhetoric you are using is IDENTICAL to the nonsense used by the far right to oppose every and all social policy, that you cannot advocate for anything that would cost money or require anyone to do anything unless you personally do it, regardless of what the national position is.

So you attack me, then agree then attack? You should probably step away from the keyboard and think before you start ranting...probably past your bedtime mind. If you don't like something, that's fine. I'm saying they're wrong. That's it.

Meanwhile

Don't get that protest - where do they expect them to stay? In hotels in London?

The whole Bibby Stockholm situation has been blown out of all proportion,
Not exactly a nice place to live but better than being on the streets and no worse than a lot of student digs/seasonal worker/offshore worker/probably military barracks too

Don't get that protest - where do they expect them to stay? In hotels in London?

The whole Bibby Stockholm situation has been blown out of all proportion,
Not exactly a nice place to live but better than being on the streets and no worse than a lot of student digs/seasonal worker/offshore worker/probably military barracks too
According to the beeb one of the chants was "No borders, no nations, stop deportations"

Not sure they've really thought that through.

So you attack me, then agree then attack? You should probably step away from the keyboard and think before you start ranting...probably past your bedtime mind. If you don't like something, that's fine. I'm saying they're wrong. That's it.

Meanwhile
And I'm saying the whole "if you don't do it yourself, you can't hold a belief" is a bullshit argument, something you keep conveniently dodging. I agree they are being stupid, I disagree with pretending that they need to volunteer to take in asylum seekers themselves to not want deportations. These are 2 separate concepts.

In other news, caps on banker bonuses have been removed, I'm so glad someone was thinking about the poor bankers.

And I'm saying the whole "if you don't do it yourself, you can't hold a belief" is a bullshit argument, something you keep conveniently dodging. I agree they are being stupid, I disagree with pretending that they need to volunteer to take in asylum seekers themselves to not want deportations. These are 2 separate concepts.

In other news, caps on banker bonuses have been removed, I'm so glad someone was thinking about the poor bankers.
Not dodging anything. If they want to help, do something to help. Support charities, push the legal case and believe it or not, you can help take some in if you wish. For some reason you've decided to focus purely on that comment and not the wider point of how mad it is. If you wish to continue, I'd suggest heading to your local playground for the level discussion you're capable of handling - because I'm done replying to someone talking out their behind because you don't agree with a comment.

Last edited:
As of this moment in time, Conservatives (72 councillors) are in 3rd place, behind Labour (198) and Lib Dem (76)

1714707839852.png
Of course, it's after 23/107 councils have declared, but still...

Suspect this might get a passing mention on tomorrow's HIGNFY.

I don't think this won't stop continue to amuse me. Man who bought in voter suppression get his vote suppressed.

Also oh look he doesn't think laws he created apply to him. Where have I seen that before?

I watched some muppet on Sky news claim that he would like to see Boris back in charge because "he's got a bit of personality". This country is full of cretins who shouldn't be allowed to vote.

It feels like elections in this country over the past ten years have just been protest votes and idiots getting sucked in by Borismania. Think I prefer those nasty unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.

Last edited:
I watched some muppet on Sky news claim that he would like to see Boris back in charge because "he's got a bit of personality". This country is full of cretins who shouldn't be allowed to vote.

It feels like elections in this country over the past ten years have just been protest votes and idiots getting sucked in by Borismania. Think I prefer those nasty unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.
Labour must know people are voting for them because they dislike the tories, right? I don't think I've actually heard anyone praise Labour for being inspirational etc.

Inspirational is a bit overrated. You only need a jfk, Obama, (idk who uk equivalent is) once or twice a century.

just want someone who can steer the ship and makes the country suck less than they say it did before.

The bullshit with the tories isn't gonna stop when Labour takes over. Starmer is going to have his hands full fixing things and dealing with new things.

Inspirational is a bit overrated. You only need a jfk, Obama, (idk who uk equivalent is) once or twice a century.
Blair (minus middle east), possibly Churchill but he was more a war leader his domestic record when actually elected was terrible.

We didn't really do charismatic leaders for a long time.

Latest posts