• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried her best at what?

Even when you take away her policies.

She will go down as one of the worst PM in history, a leader with no backbone who caved in at the slightest of pressure.

Let's not forget that she was the overwhelming pick of Tory MPs to deliver Brexit back in 2016. The Tory party as a whole, in addition to May are also responsible for the last three years. They should have picked a Brexiteer (BoJo, Gove or Leadsome) after Cameron to deliver what Vote Leave sold to the public and they screwed up big time. Three wasted years going round in circles costing the taxpayer a fortune.

Tried her best at what?

Even when you take away her policies.

She will go down as one of the worst PM in history, a leader with no backbone who caved in at the slightest of pressure.
Not about competence, but common decency and precedent.

Tory MPs applauded Blair, he of the, probably, illegal war.

Labour MPs applauded Cameron, whose monumental sh*t show this is.

So why was May different? She may have been badly misguided but by common consent she worked damned hard trying to sort out Brexit and visibly aged during her term of office. So yes I think she tried her best. It wasn't very good, but she gave it all she had.

I think that was worthy of some lukewarm acknowledgement from Labour, it would just have been the grown up thing to do. I mean it's not like their leader ever said that he wanted a kinder politics or that there would ever be any rudeness from him.

As for being one of the worst, she's likely to be given stiff competition by Johnson and, if he's given the chance, Corbyn. And Cameron's legacy stinks.

And we are not talking about those PM's.
TBH I would've understood people not applauding either.

Also all PM age vissibly in office same goes for pretty much every head of state they know what they are getting into.

Yeah.....nah.

She deserves no respect from anyone, tbh. Dedicated her life to increasing the suffering of the most vulnerable in society. **** her.

What a load of absolute drivel.

She wasn't very good. She had to make far too many concessions due to the terrible advice to hold a General Election resulting in the loss of majority.

However, If you thought she 'dedicated her life to increasing suffering', then you really do need to stop getting your news from Wikipedia, and get out more.

Hang on a second - so quoting the things that politicians have said is supposed to be a far left conspiracy now?

Hang on a second, so you're saying that everyone to the left of the ERG is the far left of Momentum?

I think this is saying far, far more about yourself than it does about anyone else.

I think it's saying more about your reading skills.

Anyone who thinks this government is 'far right' must be so ridiculously far left that they would think 'momentum' are moderate.

What a load of absolute drivel.

She wasn't very good. She had to make far too many concessions due to the terrible advice to hold a General Election resulting in the loss of majority.

However, If you thought she 'dedicated her life to increasing suffering', then you really do need to stop getting your news from Wikipedia, and get out more.
Hostile Environment.
Windrush.

It's not just her time as PM that makes her a vile person, but her time as Home Secretary too.

Her voting record is **** poor, as well.

I wouldn't say this government is far-right but its certainly the most nationalistic one I've lived under. Maggie was instrumental in setting up the EU and campaigned heavily for it. Major might as well be a Lib Dem these days. And its certainly more right wing than Blair, Brown, Cameron & May.

But then people said scare mongering about Trump and hes definitely leading a far right government.

I'm getting back off this thread. Whoever decided to make a 'politics' thread has obviously never heard the golden pub rules of 'never discuss religion or politics'.
I find I like a lot more people when we talk about sport.

OK then.

People always talk about politics in the pub.
Dinner parties etc maybe.

I bet you would feel differently if the majority on here had similar views.

I think it's saying more about your reading skills.

Anyone who thinks this government is 'far right' must be so ridiculously far left that they would think 'momentum' are moderate.
So - when was gthe last time cabinet was this far to the right on the political spectrum? - certainly not my lifetime, and I doubt the lifetime of anyone currently living.

If you think this government is moderate - or remotely close to it; then where have you been living for the last century?
I bet you would feel differently if the majority on here had similar views.
Some people like their echo chambers - which is fine, until you start believing that your echo chamber is how everybody sees things.

Last edited:
We have a funny idea about what is far right in this country. Nigel Farage is considered far right, it's almost like no body remembers the BMP and NF marches in the 80s.

Looking at other European nations we are a long way from being far right

It's all relative, though - someone like Farage is far more rightwing than someone like Rory Stewart, who is still right wing.

Farage et al. are as far right as we have in mainstream politics in the UK at the moment, so it makes sense that they're described as such.

The political spectrum shifts from country to country - the Democrats are left wing in the US yet transplant them elsewhere and they're centre at best.

So - when was gthe last time cabinet was this far to the right on the political spectrum? - certainly not my lifetime, and I doubt the lifetime of anyone currently living.

If you think this government is moderate - or remotely close to it; then where have you been living for the last century?
Some people like their echo chambers - which is fine, until you start believing that your echo chamber is how everybody sees things.
And this isn't an echo chamber?

More utter tripe. I sense a snowflake if you think this is the most right wing cabinet in recent history.

I've been living in Britain, in the real world. I assume you've been living in some kind of hipster commune, where everything is free (aka someone else has to pay for it (probably bank of mum and dad)).
I suggest you go out and talk to people with real jobs, who think that 'benefits' should not be a lifestyle choice, where pumping out babies gets you a bigger house. People who actually have to plan for the future, and expect to be rewarded for not being frivolous, expecting everything to be given to them.

Unfortunately people with sense and who are not selfish, tend to breed slower than the feckless chancers, so the vote for Labour grows at a quicker rate.

The loonies get in and give away the money, then the Tories are blamed for trying to rebuild the economy from the rubble.

like i understand being conservative . . . if you have money it makes sense that you would vote for policies that would allow you to keep your money. It's selfish but it makes sense to me.

I don't get the people who live in a completely alternative world where a load of people are just claiming free benefits and not trying to earn a living. Being poor sucks (I know I couldn't do it) and we only make it harder for them.

I've gone to school with a fair amount of people who live off of mommy and daddy's money well into their 20s and they tend to be the most conservative people I know. Cause they don't need the state to help them out ever, they just have a steady supply of assets from their parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts