• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the real truth house prices have risen 400% since 1993

Average wages have risen 93%

So can your generation can stop saying ******** something for nothing. When current young people are afforded nowhere near the same opportunity older generations were.

Maybe the Tories aren't far right but they crawled into bed with and gave a platform to the DUP who certainly are.

As to popping out kids the average family is 1.8 children now as opposed to 2.4 of the mid 90's.

Both my parents came from families of 4 and 5 kids. I wonder which generation was really popping them out. Also considering we are an aging population.

More utter tripe. I sense a snowflake if you think this is the most right wing cabinet in recent history.

I've been living in Britain, in the real world. I assume you've been living in some kind of hipster commune, where everything is free (aka someone else has to pay for it (probably bank of mum and dad)).
I suggest you go out and talk to people with real jobs, who think that 'benefits' should not be a lifestyle choice, where pumping out babies gets you a bigger house. People who actually have to plan for the future, and expect to be rewarded for not being frivolous, expecting everything to be given to them.

Unfortunately people with sense and who are not selfish, tend to breed slower than the feckless chancers, so the vote for Labour grows at a quicker rate.

The loonies get in and give away the money, then the Tories are blamed for trying to rebuild the economy from the rubble.
Thanks for the laugh.
Some genuinely funny stuff in there

I do find it funny how it would be the leftist commune hipster living off mummy and daddy.

Also isn't the "feckless Chancers" a sizeable chunk of Brexit voters?

More utter tripe. I sense a snowflake if you think this is the most right wing cabinet in recent history.

I've been living in Britain, in the real world. I assume you've been living in some kind of hipster commune, where everything is free (aka someone else has to pay for it (probably bank of mum and dad)).
I suggest you go out and talk to people with real jobs, who think that 'benefits' should not be a lifestyle choice, where pumping out babies gets you a bigger house. People who actually have to plan for the future, and expect to be rewarded for not being frivolous, expecting everything to be given to them.

Unfortunately people with sense and who are not selfish, tend to breed slower than the feckless chancers, so the vote for Labour grows at a quicker rate.

The loonies get in and give away the money, then the Tories are blamed for trying to rebuild the economy from the rubble.

Jesus Christ you aren't an editor at the Express are you? You've reeled out all the typical right wing soundbites there. You lot all have this inbuilt fear of others outbreeding you don't you? How the left are always the lazy ones. I guess the fact that scientists are usually left wing, academia carrying out research are usually left wing, people actually doing stuff that advances humanity are more often than not left wing because it involves a mindset that doesn't revolve around the self. It's ironic that right wing philosophy is tied very closely with selfishness and yet people like you accuse everyone else of being the selfish ones.

This thread is actually quite amusing.

As usual Ncurd is totally full of ****, but there's some really amusing class/keyboard warriors as well.

Ah yes being full of **** by backing up ones said view with actual statistics not bog standard tabloid rhetoric.

So here is the brains behind Vote Leave and the new much more evil version of Alastair Campbell who BoJo has just hired to be one of his senior advisors inside No.10.

Really interesting to see how he twisted arguments and manipulated (many thick) voters. One example is how he made it seem like a choice between the nasty EU and the national treasure that is the NHS, suggesting that all £350m that was paid to the EU per week (which was later proved to be grossly overstated) could be paid to the NHS instead which was another fabrication. You can't deny that this guy did a very effective job and it also highlights how badly run the Remain campaign was, led by dodgy Dave and Osborne.

It's also worth mentioning that this guy moved to California immediately after the result was announced which proved how much he believed in his own arguments.

Last edited:
So BoJo confirms no General Election until after Brexit. With Cummings in no.10 this pretty much confirms that his recent polling work shows that the Tories wouldn't be able to get a big enough majority.

Also interesting that BoJo seems to be ramping up the Northern powerhouse. I wonder if they've written off London as a remain city and are trying to appease the thick northern chavs who voted for Brexit. Similar to what Trump does to please his core support.

Johnson's best chance at a general election is to have it ASAP.

The longer he's in power for, the more his "energetic optimism" is exposed for delusion, and the more his popularity will take a hit.

Cummings is already working the data, and manipuling the minds. I guess he's got 6 weeks to decide the maths; though I still think Johnson's aim is to convince Brits that it's EU intransigence that is leading to no deal, and for Corbyn to call the vote of no confidence, so that he gets his election without the blame.

Corbyn, of course, would rather have the GE after Brexit has started and gone to ****, so that he can sweep in with his reforms, whilst Johnson takes all the blame and the conservative party fractures into the ERG and the rest, with the BnP and UKIP having no further reason for existence. Suspect Corbyn would be quite happy to see some violence on the streets as well (before taking office).
Neither labour nor conservative are likely to actually do well with an early GE, but if Johnson can get one before his bluster is exposed to reality, he may just get a majority that doesn't need the DUP.

Whatever happens, things are going to be interesting, scary, and hard to predict. Boris currently has the equivalent of a dead-cat bounce; but I doubt that that will last long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts