TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Afriforum and Solidarity are community forums in South Africa who assists communities with various problems such as repairing potholes in the streets, providing clean drinking water to communities, taking on court cases on behalf of communities and addressing political issues where the minority groups are being disadvantaged.

They have been very verbal with regard to the transformation issue in South African sport, and now they need help in taking the matter of quota-players and the recent remarks of our Sports minister further to the UN, International Sport Governing Bodies (FIFA, World Rugby, International Cricket Council) and local courts. The first step is to get people to sign their petition at this website: http://neevirkwotas.co.za/ even though it's in Afrikaans, the part where you add your name to the list is in English.

Not only will this adress the issue of transformation, but also the ban the Sports Minister invoked on hosting major sporting events, as it seems like the hosting of Local Rugby Championship matches are next on the Minister's hitlist.

Do you have to live in SA to sign?
I dont think so. They only ask for your name and surname, email address and cell number (Thats probably where you might encounter difficulties).

Heineken, I think the idea is great. I hope the international bodies will take on the SA government. I have a problem having ANYTHING to do with Afriforum. They SPAM email and cell numbers. I have been having a BAD time with Afriforum calling my number 100's of times a month. I refuse to answer anymore, and they do not stop phoning. So although I would love something being done about the quotas, I would NOT let anyone I know give their phone number to Afriforum.

Do you have to live in SA to sign?

No you don't have to live in SA, and you don't have to give a valid telephone number to register, if you type zero or any other digit for that matter, the entry will still be accepted.

Heineken, I think the idea is great. I hope the international bodies will take on the SA government. I have a problem having ANYTHING to do with Afriforum. They SPAM email and cell numbers. I have been having a BAD time with Afriforum calling my number 100's of times a month. I refuse to answer anymore, and they do not stop phoning. So although I would love something being done about the quotas, I would NOT let anyone I know give their phone number to Afriforum.

You're preaching to the choir here. I'm also not a member of them, but I do support some of their initiatives, like this one. I also never answer when they call.

This is such a self correcting issue, if the govt just had patience. The majority of our youth rugby teams and programs are black, soon they'll be first choice on merit. I'll consider signing

Latest posts