• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All blacks rugby World Cup squad

Guessing narawa is still injured and that's why they are taking 5 outside backs. Also would expect to see faiangaanuku playing in the midfield in some games

Retallick is expected back second or third World Cup game, making it an even bigger risk to take so few who can cover lock.

At least it will probably mean Scott B won't be risked at 6 in the opening games.

Not gonna claim to be anywhere close to the All Blacks squad but on my limited watching of Super Rugby, does anyone think Shaun Stevenson is a tad unlucky not to make the RWC squad?

Not gonna claim to be anywhere close to the All Blacks squad but on my limited watching of Super Rugby, does anyone think Shaun Stevenson is a tad unlucky not to make the RWC squad?
i mean...kind of....but we definitely dont need another outside back!

Normally I'd be upset at some of these baffling selections but luckily I don't care enough. Would be great to see the Barrett brothers and a few others from the 2019 group win a world cup together though.

Hoping to see Telea feature as a star of the tournament. I am actually a bit surprised DMac made the cut. For utility I guess.

I just realised it's not five outside backs we are taking, it's six, because beauden is their first choice 15. Ridiculous.

Hoping to see Telea feature as a star of the tournament. I am actually a bit surprised DMac made the cut. For utility I guess.
Well he was the best ten in super rugby and beauden was Terrible at ten in super rugby apart from one game against very poor opposition. Yes he played shockingly poorly against the wallabies, but one bad game isn't enough to get rid of him; might have elevated beauden to second choice ten though.

I just realised it's not five outside backs we are taking, it's six, because beauden is their first choice 15. Ridiculous.

Well he was the best ten in super rugby and beauden was Terrible at ten in super rugby apart from one game against very poor opposition. Yes he played shockingly poorly against the wallabies, but one bad game isn't enough to get rid of him; might have elevated beauden to second choice ten though.

Don't get me wrong. I love DMac. I just think he is an awful fit in Schmidt's kick orientated game.

Don't get me wrong. I love DMac. I just think he is an awful fit in Schmidt's kick orientated game.
i honestly don't see the all blacks as having a kick oriented game. Their game plan has been very different for each of their opposition this year, it all depends on how the opposition defends.

yeah, its five guys whos primary position for the AB's is wing...PLUS Rieko if needed....its a bit weird and seems transparent that we're going to be trying the attack from anywhere on the field approach...our wingers are going to be running!...and the loosies and locks being light suggest we're not expecting to be doing a lot of grafting

A we
yeah, its five guys whos primary position for the AB's is wing...PLUS Rieko if needed....its a bit weird and seems transparent that we're going to be trying the attack from anywhere on the field approach...our wingers are going to be running!...and the loosies and locks being light suggest we're not expecting to be doing a lot of grafting
i wonder if it also means we will take a horses for courses approach. Eg if we are planning to kick a lot then beuden starts at fullback with two of telea, jordan, and Clarke. If we don't intend to kick a lot perhaps we start jordan at fullback and faingaanuku at wing.

A we

i wonder if it also means we will take a horses for courses approach. Eg if we are planning to kick a lot then beuden starts at fullback with two of telea, jordan, and Clarke. If we don't intend to kick a lot perhaps we start jordan at fullback and faingaanuku at wing.
you would hope that we have at least that much of a plan...but the cynic in me thinks fozzie has a 23 in mind (11 Telea, 14 jordan, 15 BB with clarke as the change on the bench)...and the others are just like for like changes if players need a rest or get injured

hasn't been involved with the AB's for 4 years, famously said fozzie hadn't reached out when we were getting poor results and even if he had been im not sure how many "secrets" there are, we get to see everything they work on during a game

Latest posts