• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All things being equal

This might come across bitter but it really isn't, I just really don't want NZ to win it.

Not because I don't admire them, I do, it's more I don't rate this crop. When I watch them against teams it does feel as though they are there for the taking an awful lot and just aren't very good. Not a punt, but similar to Australia it feels as though there's so much missing from there game and yet they are that insanely clinical it feels as though the clinical finishing is covering up some/alot of the cracks slowly appearing.

It might be because I try to compare them to 05 and 07 and that's my barometer for them in which case I should just walk out now :(. Even 2011 I thought they were the best of a bad bunch and it might well be the same this time. There's no team that sticks out and says, we're nearly as good as any side in any previous era.

I suppose if I wanted a team to do well it's Georgia. The work that's gone into them and the improvements they've made, to see them get a quarter final would be a victory for me and pressure the 6 Nations seriously.

Head says that NZ will win it though. More than likely against England in the final.

For mine, its a toss up between France and Argentina

France
Because they have always been the bridesmaid; the only team to make the final and not win one, and they have done this three times so far.

Argentina
Because of what it would do for Rugby in that country. IMO they are the only rank outsiders with a real chance of winning it.

Fiji, because they have a strong team, and are likely to provide an entertaining style of play.

I no they are in the pool of death, but they are likely to cause the big three in that pool, some problems.

Canada, obviously because of my previous affiliation with that country

My team is Ireland. if we go out then my loyalties go to:

1. England
2. Samoa
3. USA/Canada

Cannot believe everyone wants Ireland to win...if they do you all know what a nightmare every Lions thread will be for the next 2 years dont you?!

I'm not - lots of people seem to be going for teams who they think have a chance of winning, not just who they would like to see win. On this basis I would say the same as they would be first time winners, I would say the same for France, who have a much stronger history in the tournament, but it would seem rather undeserved after the last three and a half years of French international rugby.

Latest posts