Bath.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Brive.png

Sunday, 14:00

London%20Wasps.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Gloucester.png

Sunday, 19:00

the Paris v Quins match is going to be really quite nice. Two good teams with solid gameplans, consistency and something to prove.

I've got tickets for the Stade/Quins game... should be quite a decent ding dong. Not been to the new Stadium yet.

I've got tickets for the Stade/Quins game... should be quite a decent ding dong. Not been to the new Stadium yet.
that's really cool dude. But I read Paris won't get a few of their better players out...not sure why, haven't followed earlier.

that's really cool dude. But I read Paris won't get a few of their better players out...not sure why, haven't followed earlier
Are they just throwing all their eggs into the Top 14 basket ? Seems stupid to me as Clermont/Toulon/Toulouse/Montpellier/Castres are all capable of beating them home or away. Whereas only Bath and Northampton could conceivably beat them and maybe sale could on their day. Anyway my predictions Northampton/Paris/Bath/Glos

The article did say smt about conserving their players for a uber-rough finish of the Top 14 season. Since they just lost at home to Racing, that put them in a pretty bad shape on the table falling all the way down to 8th place, and they need to be at least in the Top 6.
So I dunno about "stupid" as they must know exactly what they're doing if they're going to such lengths as to not play some of their "stars" here, but they obviously (rightfully) consider the Top 14 as a big priority, one that overshadows the rest. They had a really nice run in this Amlin thing, so it's too bad...but their backs are against the wall now. They were 2nd in the ultra-competitive Top 14 for a while and fall to eighth in the blink of an eye just recently. They still feel like they've got legitimacy competing for the ***le, surely.

8th !!!! I thought they were higher up, I do understand now but still I would expect in front of their own fans they're not going to go down lying. I really want to see Parisse, Lyons, Steyn, Ioane and Wandvarasbadhjdhahdnlu all playing against the strongest side Quins can put out otherwise what's the point !?

From teams put out by Saints and Sale both are looking to Aviva as No1 priority both are 1.5 teams.

8th !!!! I thought they were higher up, I do understand now but still I would expect in front of their own fans they're not going to go down lying. I really want to see Parisse, Lyons, Steyn, Ioane and Wandvarasbadhjdhahdnlu all playing against the strongest side Quins can put out otherwise what's the point !?

please, it's Waisea Nayacalevu Vuidravuwalu. Not that difficult, for God's sake...
I have no idea who's playing for Paris...I too would love a fully healthy matchup between these two fine teams, but apparently Paris will play it stingy. Just the way it is...given their ethos, their personality as a team, they won't drop a game, not even if they're severely undermanned. Much better than last year this team, and they can downright OWN teams with their attacking.
Don't know what the situation's been with Parisse since the 6N...would love to see him again. What a treat to see Sergio on the field. To me he's like Kieran Read, Conrad Smith, Sivivatu...so silky and smooth to watch, gorgeous skill and a really polished, clean game.

Le XV de départ: Lydon ; Kingi, Williams, Danty, Camara ; (o) Steyn, (m) Daguin ; Missoup, Lyons, Garrault ; Wegner, Mostert ; Kubriashvili, Sempéré (cap), Zhvania.

Les remplaçants: Van Vuuren, Frou, Slimani, Van Zyl, Rabadan, Mallet, Cocagi, Arias.

Quite a few players missing in deed...
and the arrogant Parisian club apparently tweeted this:
BkO7U3xCMAADxIT.jpg

Harlequins team
15. Mike Brown
14. Ollie Lindsay-Hague
13. Tim Molenaar
12. Jordan Turner-Hall
11. Sam Smith
10. Nick Evans
9. Danny Care

1. Joe Marler
2. Dave Ward
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. Charlie Matthews
5. George Robson
6. Luke Wallace
7. Chris Robshaw (C)
8. Nick Easter 16. Rob Buchanan
17. Mark Lambert
18. Paul Doran Jones
19. George Merrick
20. Tom Guest
21. Karl Dickson
22. Ben Botica
23. Paul Sackey

I will be very interested in seeing how Sinckler goes.

What is Stade's scrum like?
I know Slimani is a good scrummager and I think Kubriashvili is too.

Good team put out by Quins, hopefully Turner-Hall can start too show something more because he's never lived up to his potential. Good plan from Quins to play two larger centres for Mike Brown to play off. Best scrum they can put out aswell, Looking forward to the game :D

Hopefully Stade knock Quins about a bit - not fussed who wins, but if Quins are knackered when they come up to us in the Prem, next round, then I'd be a happier man.

Stade's scrum is good but it mostly comes from Slimani. I've seen them under-pressure. Slimani isn't even starting...haven't really studied Kubriashvili up tbh...it's a shame but I tend to see all those Georgian props as numbers...I can never remember their names and I'll just go "that starting TH in Clermont". Another fine Georgian product up front but nothing really notable I'd say..

Zhvania on the LH side is a youngster with little experience.

Last edited:
Kyle Sinckler (Quin's TH) has only started 2 premiership games in his career - but he is a very strong scrummager.
I'm certain he's going to be England's first choice at some point.

oh well there you go.
Don't know what to expect from this match...it's too bad Paris won't take it a bit more seriously, but we'll see, they're at home and will still play hard as this is an elimination game.

Harlequins team
15. Mike Brown
14. Ollie Lindsay-Hague
13. Tim Molenaar
12. Jordan Turner-Hall
11. Sam Smith
10. Nick Evans
9. Danny Care

1. Joe Marler
2. Dave Ward
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. Charlie Matthews
5. George Robson
6. Luke Wallace
7. Chris Robshaw (C)
8. Nick Easter 16. Rob Buchanan
17. Mark Lambert
18. Paul Doran Jones
19. George Merrick
20. Tom Guest
21. Karl Dickson
22. Ben Botica
23. Paul Sackey

I will be very interested in seeing how Sinckler goes.

What is Stade's scrum like?
I know Slimani is a good scrummager and I think Kubriashvili is too.

Shows what a quality signing Sackey was, Smith (moving to Worcester) and Lindsay-Hague (a twelve year old) start ahead of him...

Really looking forward to this one.

Henry Thomas....

Kyle Sinckler might as felt tip "Gain first England Cap" in for this summer.

Henry Thomas....

Kyle Sinckler might as felt tip "Gain first England Cap" in for this summer.
Hopefully Bath can get him to a competent level of scrummaging because there is no way he can start for England with this level of performance. The Waller brothers are both good scrummagers but really you have to hold your own against them.
On a different point Dickson is having a great game here tonight, apart from 1 or 2 passes that were a bit slow and let the forward get smashed, getting the forwards going and just some really nice touches. Dickinson is also playing well should be in the looking for the NZ tour. Some good 8's around at the moment Vunipola,Morgan,Dickinson,Ewers

Yeah, the future of English scrummaging getting binned against a good but in no way international standard prop? Nice.

I think thin Sinckler will have to have a storming end of season to displace Thomas in the summer, simple because Thomas 'has the jersey'. But next season...

Latest posts