• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Amlin Challenge Cup ¼ Finals

M

MunsterMan

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/174_15181.php

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The qualifiers and their rankings for the Amlin Challenge Cup 2009/10 quarter-finals are:
1. Connacht Rugby (Top ranked AAC Pool winner)
2. Toulon (Second ranked AAC Pool winner)
3. London Wasps (Third ranked ACC Pool winner)
4. Newcastle Falcons (Fourth ranked ACC Pool winner)
5. Cardiff Blues (Third best Heineken Cup Pool runner-up)
6. Gloucester Rugby (Fourth best Heineken Cup Pool runner-up)
7. Scarlets (Fifth best Heineken Cup Pool runner-up)
8. Bourgoin (Fifth ranked ACC Pool winner)[/b]
The quarter-final matches, to be played 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 April, 2010, will be:

4 Newcastle Falcons (ACC 4) v Cardiff Blues 5 (Heineken Cup 1)

nah I'd fancy Bourgoin to get the win at Connacht, they're picking up the habit of winning away from home in this competition, if they can get a result at London Irish, the Sportsground isn't likely to pose them too many problems.

Semis will probably shape up like this,

Bourgoin v Cardiff Blues
Toulon v Wasps

I doubt that Munstermuffin. They won't win the Challenge Cup and they'll finish bottom of the league as per usual. Both Leinster and Munster have the odds stacked against them in terms of winning the Heino so in all odds they won't be featuring in that next year. Apart from Bradley getting the boot I can't see all that much good news coming from the west in the coming months.

Connacht is a work in progress, no one expects them to win the Amlin, but getting a Home Semi Final would be a huge achievment.

Still, would love to see some squad players from the other provinces loaned to Connacht for the rest of the season. McFadden, Coughlan, Hogan, etc. would make a huge difference to the Westies.

Good draw for the Blues. Fancy them beating Newcastle, and they have a good shot against Bourgoin in the Semi's. The it's just a one off game in the Final..

I hope Toulon get it. Their progression has been amazing in the past few years. Yes I know, it's easier when you have the cash they have but still

As above.

I'd like to see the Scarlets turn over Toulon, though. If they can beat London Irish away, then why not?

I fancy Bourgoin, the Heineken cup was one step too far for them and they did not take it too seriously because of lack of resources (losing by 50+ at Leinster twice but beating them at home).

They are much more at ease with the Amlin which is within their capability, so they are extremely motivated and without any "away game" hoodoo to hold them back.

Although it depends where they are in the top 14 , if they struggle to avoid the drop when the qf come, they may indeed focus they resource on the top 14.

plus they'll be at home in the semis and possibly the final as I doubt the French will make the same mistake as last year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 26 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
plus they'll be at home in the semis and possibly the final as I doubt the French will make the same mistake as last year.[/b]

I'm liking the sound of that. H-Cup AND Challenge cup for french clubs this year ? B)

:rolleyes:

You are all wrong connaught will win it all.And I would love Toulon to come over to the sportsground forteress as pure french tell come over thinking that the game is already won.We are going to kick some arse.
Connaught to win the Amlin and Munster the hc vs leinster in an all ireland in paris.

Connaught rugby isn't "live to win, born to lose" anymore.

I bet you all that roscommon will win the all ireland this year and David O'gra will emege as the best ever football player ever!!!!!

obviously biased, but i seriously believe that cardiff have a real shout at winning the competition and if they play toulon in the final you've got your 'can money buy success?' scenario again.

Latest posts