Versus%20Challenge.png
Paris.png

Friday 26th April - Aime Giral, Perpignan - K.O. 20:00 BST

Amlin%20Challenge%20Cup.png

Leinster.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
Biarritz.png

Saturday 27th April - RDS, Dublin - K.O. 14:30 BST

I really hope Stade Français and Leinster both win their semis. Would be a good final, and also be a perfect last match for Felipe Contepomi to say goodbye to European rugby.

I reckon both games will be close, I think Leinster will win it with the home advantage being a big part of it. The other game i'm not sure would be nice if Felipe could get a send of against Leinster.

Like with Munster, not sure I can bet against Biarritz who have a habit of winning games they have no right to....the latest being Gloucester although do not see Leinster committing hari kari like they did! This is the kind of game that the aged heart of the team aspire to and enjoy so I would expect and hope to see Imanol, Traille and Yach getting stuck in but Balshaw will not be playing (operation last Friday in Bordeaux on his knee) and Couet Lannes was injured in the Espoirs at the week end so Bosch wil be back at 15.................shame he has not gone to Sarries already!! (He will probably have a cracker now to prove me yet again wrong....)

My season opening tip was Leinster to win the H Cup but injuries, lack of form and circumstances seem to have played their part but looks like they are gettig most of their decent players back for the run in..............If Leinister play the first half hour as they did at the RDS in their first qualifyiing game, Biarritz could be blown away. The more and longer Biarritz stay in the game, the better their chances.........heart says BO but brain says Leinster

Stade and Perpignan is also difficult to call as they have both been pretty crap all season but over the last few weeks have done enough to show they have it in them to win more games than they lose...............I will go for Perpignan!

It is pretty darn good to get four big name teams in the two semi finals in the secondary competition but feel they are all in the right competition.................

SO'B at least appears to be carrying a knock and may be a doubt.

It's rumoured that Leinster are selecting Jonny Sexton at 10 and Ian Madigan at 12 for the Biarritz game. Sean O'Brien is apparently out.

It's rumoured that Leinster are selecting Jonny Sexton at 10 and Ian Madigan at 12 for the Biarritz game. Sean O'Brien is apparently out.
Think it'd be alot better the other way round. Sean O'Brien I hope doesn't go on Lions. In 1 way it'd be massive accolade and he'll be a starter in my eyes on form but he's not on his top form because his body just hasn't recovered fully from hip op and he needs the summer to get back to his rampaging best

Think it'd be alot better the other way round. Sean O'Brien I hope doesn't go on Lions. In 1 way it'd be massive accolade and he'll be a starter in my eyes on form but he's not on his top form because his body just hasn't recovered fully from hip op and he needs the summer to get back to his rampaging best

You don't move Sexton he create's time for everyone from 10. I'd say Madigan's definitely more suited to 12.

If SO'B is out I'd pick Ryan over Jennings been really good recently.

True but I think Sexton the better 12 and argubally Madigan the form man at 10. But I'd expect they'll interchange.
Ryan is hope get start just to mix it a bit and blend a few youngsters in. Also interesting to see who is in 2nd row.

True but I think Sexton the better 12 and argubally Madigan the form man at 10. But I'd expect they'll interchange.
Ryan is hope get start just to mix it a bit and blend a few youngsters in. Also interesting to see who is in 2nd row.

I think Madigan's skillset is far more suited to 12 he simply doesn't have the control Sexton does.

Depends if we put the onus on the scrum or lineout. Cullen's guaranteed to start.

Was very disappointed with Roux but Toner offers nothing except a fog inspector. Agree with you on Madigan and Sexton comments but just think it'll be alot of interchanging regardless.

SO'B will be a huge loss, we struggle to get go forward ball without him.

Sexton is a class above Madigan at 10 for now, I want Madigan to prove himself at 12, it's a huge longshot but I'd love to see him wearing red this summer.

I torn in a way regards Madigan wearing red in summer. Would a good day at 12 enhance his chance or push him further away

SO'B and D'arcy huge losses. Would like Ryan to have been involved.

LEINSTER:
15: Rob Kearney
14: Fergus McFadden
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Ian Madigan
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Isaac Boss
1: Cian Healy
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Devin Toner
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Sean Cronin
17: Jack McGrath
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Quinn Roux
20: Rhys Ruddock
21: John Cooney
22: Andrew Goodman
23: Andrew Conway

BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE: 15: Bosch, 14: Ngwenya, 13: Baby, 12: Traille, 11: Brew, 10: Barraque, 9: Yachvili; 1: Synaeghel
2: Heguy, 3: Broster, 4: E Lund, 5: Taele, 6: Dubarry, 7: Lakafia, 8: Harinordoquy CAPTAIN
REPLACEMENTS: 16: August, 17: Van Staden, 18: Gomez Kodela, 19: Marie, 20: Lauret, 21: Lesgourgues, 22: Burotu, 23: Thomas

BIARRITZ OLYMPIQUE: 15: Bosch, 14: Ngwenya, 13: Baby, 12: Traille, 11: Brew, 10: Barraque, 9: Yachvili; 1: Synaeghel
2: Heguy, 3: Broster, 4: E Lund, 5: Taele, 6: Dubarry, 7: Lakafia, 8: Harinordoquy CAPTAIN
REPLACEMENTS: 16: August, 17: Van Staden, 18: Gomez Kodela, 19: Marie, 20: Lauret, 21: Lesgourgues, 22: Burotu, 23: Thomas

Only about 4 or 5 of that would get in the Leinster team. They are 11th in the Top 14 now slipped behind Bayonne, considering the poor signings they have made for next season and the good ones Bordeaux have made, they could be in a relegation fight next season.

Biarritz need this to keep their run of appearing in the Heineken Cup going. They have appeared in the H Cup every season since 2000, they are out of the Top 14 hunt for H Cup places so this is their only chance. They seem to be in steady decline these days I'm afraid.

Snoop/BG8 what ye make of that team?
McLauglin lucky to hold spot
Madigan interesting call
Toner ahead of Roux but thought the might chance it and blood Dom Ryan or start Ruddock

Only about 4 or 5 of that would get in the Leinster team. They are 11th in the Top 14 now slipped behind Bayonne, considering the poor signings they have made for next season and the good ones Bordeaux have made, they could be in a relegation fight next season.

Biarritz need this to keep their run of appearing in the Heineken Cup going. They have appeared in the H Cup every season since 2000, they are out of the Top 14 hunt for H Cup places so this is their only chance. They seem to be in steady decline these days I'm afraid.

I think I might just agree with you on all that (!!) except they ARE in steady decline and that if Munster and Leinster win the H Cup and Amlin, Biarritz get in as highest ERC seeded team not otherwise qualified.....see seperate thread!!

The team is the best that can be put out if the fit members of the squad and the replacaments are only adequate.............speaks a lot about the squad really as only Balshaw would be there if not injured!!

Latest posts