• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentinian Rugby

I understand. There is a thread for south africans where they write almost exclusively in afrikaans. If there is a thread for us to use the occasional spanish post here and there this should be it. But let's play it safe

@TRF_heineken @TRF_stormer2010
Any problem with the above? Just let us know

El 99% de los videos de ahi me dice "el video no esta disponible en tu pais". Gracias igual por la idea.

Its a difficult one @Cruz_del_Sur . The rules do ask for English as this is an English language website and the vast majority of the users are either English speaking or speaks the language well enough and I imagine the discussion here would interest a wider audience. That said I doubt anyone actually minds it and there is always Google translate.

We have an "Afrikaans" thread in the Clubhouse bar section and there are numerous specific language threads there. I could move this thread there but think it has more value here. Perhaps it would be best for the interest of the broader community to try to keep it mostly English if you gents don't mind overly much but don't feel forced and don't feel you can't post any Spanish would be my suggestion. If you can't get enjoyment out of posting here there is little point. At the end of the day we are all here for the enjoyment of Rugby, a community of shared interest and learning from each other enhances our enjoyment of the sport we all love.

Understood and agreed. Just to be clear, i wasn't asking to have this thread purely in spanish but more along the lines of a little bit of leniency here and there. Think we can all work with something like that.

PS: the odd spanish post that triggered was about me being unable to watch Arg club rugby from abroad. You guys didn't miss much.

So I just stumbled upon this after looking for it:

-¿Te llamaron para ir a Jaguares? ¿Hablás con los jugadores?

-Tuve contactos con la UAR, pero fueron después de que había firmado mi primer contrato acá y cuando renové hace poco también. Hablo seguido con algunos de los chicos. Tengo muy buena relación con Juli Montoya, pero sabe que renové y que es complicado que me vaya ahora.

It's an interview to pato Fernández. Here goes the translation

Q: Did they call you to play for Jaguares? Do you talk with the guys who play there?
A: I was contacted by the UAR, but after I had signed my contract here and a bit after I signed to renew [his contract]. I frequently talk with the guys. I do have a good relationship with Montoya, but he knows I just signed in again and it's complicated for me to go there.

Just hate it sometimes, just hate it.

You guys realize we are two years away from WC and fielding a 35 y/o as starter? This looks catastrophic sometimes. Catastrophe.

jaj i was thinking of santiago fernadez all along i thought you gone mental!! havent seen this guy play. must be good. we can add him to the long list.
but im sure 100 % that they will call the europeans for the wc. unless the can start wining the preasuse will be big to bring e UE boys in.

UAR is, for the lack of a better phrase, just a tight group of friends. They wouldn't be able to organize a **** up at a brewery even if their lives depended on it.
They would rather have friends than the best. I find that unacceptable.

Just think about it for a second. Stop and think about what Horacito said. We are fielding a 35 year old....
I would like to believe that there is at least one sane person there who says "wait a minute, the entire purpose of this should be to get ready for the world cup, and we are not really working towards that this way, are we?" but evidence suggests UAR is nothing short of a psychiatric ward.

You know what's the worst part? We got used to it so it doesn't surprise us anymore. But again, stop what you are doing and think about it for 30 seconds. It's nothing short of mental.
To add insult to injury, the only reason we are doing so is because he used to be good.
Insane stuff.

Sorry, i just thought about it more and i am furious. Think about it this way and asked myself, what would a team of argentines that cannot play for the pumas look like.
A 30 sec google search threw this at me. (2016, beginning 2017)

15 Horacio Agulla, 14 Axel Müller, 13 Marcelo Bosch, 12 Juan Pablo Socino, 11 Juan Imhoff, 10 Benjamín Urdapilleta, 9 Agustín Figuerola, 8 Juan Fernández Lobbe, 7 Facundo Isa, 6 Tomás Leonardi, 5 Manuel Carizza, 4 Patricio Albacete, 3 Juan Figallo, 2 Facundo Bosch, 1 Marcos Ayerza

Sorry, i just thought about it more and i am furious. Think about it this way and asked myself, what would a team of argentines that cannot play for the pumas look like.

15 Horacio Agulla, 14 Axel Müller, 13 Marcelo Bosch, 12 Juan Pablo Socino, 11 Juan Imhoff, 10 Benjamín Urdapilleta, 9 Agustín Figuerola, 8 Juan Fernández Lobbe, 7 Facundo Isa, 6 Tomás Leonardi, 5 Manuel Carizza, 4 Patricio Albacete, 3 Juan Figallo, 2 Facundo Bosch, 1 Marcos Ayerza

To be fair only some of those may bring something to pumas/jags the rest are too old/there are better player prospects in jags. I would call: Juan Pablo Socino(so tough), Juan Imhoff(best wing in the last 20 years), Benjamín Urdapilleta(good replacement,weak tackling) Facundo Isa(beast) Juan Figallo(good), Facundo Bosch(a big if), Marcos Ayerza(retired, legend).

The problem here is the system. They dont have the money to retain the best to jags and have a 50 player base and now they cant backtrack because the ones that stayed would get angry. Also admitting they are wrong is not something they do.

Before the Jaguares came along, were you able to get all your international players released from European clubs for the Rugby Championship?

So I just stumbled upon this after looking for it:

It's an interview to pato Fernández. Here goes the translation

Q: Did they call you to play for Jaguares? Do you talk with the guys who play there?
A: I was contacted by the UAR, but after I had signed my contract here and a bit after I signed to renew [his contract]. I frequently talk with the guys. I do have a good relationship with Montoya, but he knows I just signed in again and it's complicated for me to go there.

Just hate it sometimes, just hate it.

You guys realize we are two years away from WC and fielding a 35 y/o as starter? This looks catastrophic sometimes. Catastrophe.

To be fair, I don't buy Fernández argument of the UAR not contacting him at the proper time.
I'm pretty sure that if he was looking forward to came back from Europe, the timming wasn't going to be an issue.
On the other hand, I actually think that the UAR didn't do their homework as well.

In the same line that FNS, as shocking that these names could be, I don't think that most of them are the bigger problem the UAR have for the Pumas future.
Marcelo Bosch, Urdapilleta and some of the second rows could be a short term help.
Juan Pablo Socino and Juan Figallo, may be important in the mid term, mainly due to our specific depth problems.
But the ones that really hurt me are Juan Imhoff and Facundo Isa (also Patricio Fernandez), together with the young prospects as Axel Muller (and some others that aren't in that list). This players represent the real problem the UAR need to face urgently.

Before the Jaguares came along, were you able to get all your international players released from European clubs for the Rugby Championship?

yes, mostly

Not so simple. After the World Rugby intervention and some negotiation from the UAR, we were able to get almost all our international for the Rugby Championship. But in exchange, we didn't call them for the June International Window.

Interesting reading through here especially regarding the selections for Argentina. Would it be possible for the national team to bring in a rule where they can pick 3 European bases players or something like that? And also does anyone think that players like Imhoff and Isa are going to come back to Argentina anytime soon? Imhoff is one of my favourite wingers and I'm so sad not to see him play for the pumas.

Interesting reading through here especially regarding the selections for Argentina. Would it be possible for the national team to bring in a rule where they can pick 3 European bases players or something like that? And also does anyone think that players like Imhoff and Isa are going to come back to Argentina anytime soon? Imhoff is one of my favourite wingers and I'm so sad not to see him play for the pumas.

I think that for 2019 WC they bring Euro players just for the pressure they will have.

Argentina really need to sort out their discipline, they have had 3 red cards in 4 years, possibly deserving more (tackle on Hughes off the top of my head). That's just unacceptable and not counting the very high number of yellows. I can't think of another team that has accumulated that many reds in such a short space of time except perhaps one of the PI nations.

Argentina really need to sort out their discipline, they have had 3 red cards in 4 years, possibly deserving more (tackle on Hughes off the top of my head). That's just unacceptable and not counting the very high number of yellows. I can't think of another team that has accumulated that many reds in such a short space of time except perhaps one of the PI nations.
Red cards are political correctness gone mad 10/20/30 years ago when rugby was played by real men and nobody gave a **** about the long term health of players they would of been ignored by the ref. Ah for the days of good ol punch up and deliberate attempts at GBH. Bloody lefy cucks.

Meh last red card was for double yellow. Yellows that were for different actions. That "New" rule is retarded. Leaved on team with 14....nice spectacle.

Rugby is becoming over protective.

Latest posts