• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

August 17 Q&A with HB - Answers

Thanks cymro

Can players be moved from country to country. there might be a player who closely resembles dan cater playing for australia, would it be possible to move that player to nz and rename him dan.

If Manu T is selected in the England squad in real life, can I take a similar samona player and add him to the England squad?

Last edited:
whether it's cheap and lazy is subjective. what it certainly is, is a cash-in on the world cup.

If you want a rugby game where you can play as international teams to your heart's content - maybe suitable for a weed night in with mates and not get too boring.

Just my opinion - I won't be buying it because I can't see myself wanting to play it any more after I've won the world cup with England and then with someone like Georgia. Given that there's not going to be another rugby ***le for at least two years, probably four, I can't see this game as anything more than a temporary amusement.

Which is why I'm most certainly going to be going with Sidhe. It's likely the gameplay will not be as coherent as the HB series'. And it's likely there'll be bugs and errors that nobody can guess from the trailers. But it's also got a whole load more sticking power thanks to the fact that there has undeniably been more effort (and money) put into it, and if I'm going to be spending £40 on a game then I'd like to know I'll still be playing it after Christmas.

What we really need to do is kill off football so people start liking proper sports like rugby and there'll be the demand for the annual uber-rugby union + league game with every club in the world licensed and monthly DLCs and the bestest gameplay.

Alternatively we could convince someone to not bankroll a French club and instead bankroll a rugby game, for the sake of art... this might be more possible?

Alternatively we could convince someone to not bankroll a French club and instead bankroll a rugby game, for the sake of art... this might be more possible?

It's actually very high on my list of "do's" when I win the Lottery/EuroMillions... wanna buy me a ticket?

HB_AJ,

Why did you make this a PSN purchase only in NA, and not a "boxed" ***le?

PS: it looks like someone is playing a horrible joke on you

Lots of Wii's in the wild. Not so many people purchasing Wii software... let alone sports games.

The work involve in creating DLC is not in creating the updated squad. It's in creating and testing the functionality to do this. It was on the list, but there were higher priorities.

That's probably got more to do with the demise of Wii games, in preperation for the Wii U, then anything else. I've bought my fair share of Wii games this year, but the majority have been in sales and/or pre-owned, as there's nothing new out, aside from the upcoming Zelda and Xenoblade, plus Kirby in Febuary all year. However, as I have eluded to, I'm mearly fighting the Wii's corner because nobdy else will, I'll be getting the game on PS3 and aren't too overly bothered.

From what I understand, the official kits will be released as DLC. How long after the release of the game will this occur?

The official kits all come on the disc and are fully accessible upon entering a one-time code during your first boot of the game, or from anytime from the Main Menu. The code will be viewable from the Main Menu if you are connected to Xbox Live or PSN as well as from the Rugby World Cup 2011 game website: www.rwc2011game.com
If you don't have the code what will the kits look like?

Sorry. No Orange dude, and we're all waiting to hear who will be going instead of Danny Care - gutted for him.

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Just hope Jamie Roberts' chin has been faithfully recreated :p

Cancelled pre order :p :p

Jokes.

Thanks for taking the time out to answer the questions, counting down to 26th :D :D

You getting Rugby Challenge? If so, I haven't seen that they're planning on online squad updates (don;t quote me on that though), and hell, the club team squads are a year out of date (same major editing gonna be needed for the Ospreys on my game...) , so you might as well cancel any pre-order you may have for that, as it's obviously oh so important to you. The editing options makes up for the lack of squad updates, and I know its gonna take me a while before I'm happy with the squads of both games, but im happy the customisation is there.

Leaving mine as it ships.... May actually be decent ;) ;) hahaha

Leaving mine as it ships.... May actually be decent ;) ;) hahaha

ah thats the same as my mate, refuses to change his Cardiff City lineup on Fifa 11 because it's so much better than this seasons one :p

It great Reeves my surname is in the NZ team. Was wondering if that was a popular name there? Would pretty cool

Biggest Understatement of the Year. Not even to update squads ... just cancelled my pre-order, I gave them the benefit of the doubt but now it's blatantly clear this is just a cheap, lazy cash in on the world cup. I'm so dissapointed.

Again! Thats like the 3rd time you cancelled your pre-order.

Also please stop posting such rubbish here.

Are the more answers coming?

My post was on the first page but was not answered. another
person asked the same question in the post above me too.

In the demo so far, the support play has been shocking. It was pretty good in 06 and 08 allowing for some
sweet draw and pass tries. Now it seems as you accelerate, they actually slow down......on purpose.

While Im at it, is there any chance you can fix the replays so that they show more than just the last second. About 1 in 20 tries does actually play
a decent sized replay for whatever reason, so the capabitliy is there. Can this be fixed?

I apologise if Ive somehow missed the answer.

Biggest Understatement of the Year. Not even to update squads ... just cancelled my pre-order, I gave them the benefit of the doubt but now it's blatantly clear this is just a cheap, lazy cash in on the world cup. I'm so dissapointed.

Strong user name to post content ratio.

U mad?

Latest posts