• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England - 3 Tests - June 2016

Waller must be ****** TBF and rightly so mind. and agree fully about Kvesic and what eddie wants he wants the meaness team by the looks of it.

You know Hill is with Exeter.

Hurr-durr. I still think Jones will go with one of those two though.

Waller would be military medium. I wish people would shut up about him. The England team is about picking and preparing those who can be the best, not selecting the most deserving in the Premiership.

- - - Updated - - -

Waller must be ****** TBF and rightly so mind. and agree fully about Kvesic and what eddie wants he wants the meaness team by the looks of it.

You know Hill is with Exeter.

Hurr-durr. I still think Jones will go with one of those two though.

Waller would be military medium. I wish people would shut up about him. The England team is about picking and preparing those who can be the best, not selecting the most deserving in the Premiership.

I'd agree on Waller, although you could swap him with Mullan and I wouldn't notice tbh.

What's the reason Kieran Brooke's is not in the squad?

Screenshot%202016-05-22%2013.56.22.jpg

This is one of the most dynamic (physically) England sides that I can recall.... one of the most skilful (in terms of fundamentals, not flashiness) too.

Last edited:
Yeh Eddie is def moving towards a very physical pack esp, and IMO if other youngsters are wanting to get into the squad they need to show they are physical.

Imagine a team of come 2019
1) Genge
2) Taylor
3) Sinckler
4) Itoje
5) Kruis
6) Ewers
7) Underhill
8) Vunipola

If all carry on progessing that is a a hugely physical pack and dynamic pack.

LCD significantly more impactful around the field than Taylor, only thing he has of Luke is hooking and to a lesser extent throwing, but given the rate of improvement from LCD in those areas I don't think that will be the case for too much longer.

Underhill and Harrison 100% in the mould that Jones has shown he likes.

Last edited:
So we're a rugby league side now then?
Who cares about scrums rucks and line outs when we can carry the ball, if we ever have it.

Who cares about scrums rucks and line outs when we can carry the ball, if we ever have it.

Please those players are all beast in the rucks from what i have seen, and havn't looked bad in the rucks and lineouts.

LCD significantly more impactful around the field than Taylor.

Underhill and Harrison 100% in the mould that Jones has shown he likes.

Forgot about LCD. Underhill, Harrison, Ewers, Clifford all very good options.

Also reckon Mike Williams will be in Eddie Jones plans when he gets a full season in him, handy squad player.

Who cares about having the ball if you can't do anything with it?

The players who are being selected are all well capable at the set-piece and ruck, we aren't saying "****-it".

Last edited:

Jones does. They'll be won, or at least as well won as they've been under any previous England coach.

Then we'll have the power to do something with it, with the playmakers and pace out wide to punish small failings.

If he can execute this, I am in favour.

edit: Pile on Olyy :lol:

Seriously though...

Line-outs - Were good this 6N and we've a very good man to coach them. Only weakness you can see here is the 3rd choice hooker isn't as good a thrower as the 4th choice yet, that's not an issue, really not. (Okay, no established back row jumper).

Scrum - Solid enough. Suppose Attwood (or similar lock) would improve it a little, but I don't think we're omitting any great scrummaging props.

Ruck - Can't build Rome in a day. But you need power to clear a ruck and Jones has committed to that.

Genuinely so very little to worry about.

Last edited:
How George Ford is still getting picked is a joke. A retiring Charlie Hodgson has been better than him this year.

To you maybe not to most though. He's not been playing badly; just not as well as last season and without the quality ball and options he was provided with either.
He's still a better rugby player than Owen Farrell; who's current purple patch puts him a few hairs ahead of Ford in his current slump.

It's a bit like the way that Farrell is always seen as (by far) the better kicker; who just so happens to have the lower kicking percentages for 3 years.

What about Nathan Hughes....???

Also I personally see itoje at 6 allowing launchbury or lawes to play the first 50 before shifting itoje to lock and bringing on Ewers/Hughes or similar...

England born and bred. How can he play for England? He's already played for Somoa and is from New Zealand.. A very cheeky pick

Mum born and raised in England, played internationally in a different sport.

I'm loving the outrage about Ashton not being picked, last time both he and Yarde played for England he came off second best.

I'm also liking Jones' rebuttal of it - "would Yarde have scored as many tries if he played for Sarries?" and "there's more to it than scoring tries".

Basically just being logical.

Last edited:
England born and bred. How can he play for England? He's already played for Somoa and is from New Zealand.. A very cheeky pick

Mom is English and he played rugby league for Samoa.

(similar to hayne playing League for aus and 7's for Fiji)

rats beat me to it.

Anyway my team for Aus (assuming Manu is likely out)

1) vunipola
2) Hartley
3) Cole
4) Kruis
5) Itoje
6) robshaw/Haskell
7) Harrison
8) Vunipola
9) Care
10) Faz
11) Watson
12) T'eo