• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England - 3 Tests - June 2016

Re Hughes, I was meaning more in the medium term where the henge/sinckler discussion was going and also a back row of Harrison Underhill vunipola....Hughes not mentioned yet?

Re Hughes, I was meaning more in the medium term where the henge/sinckler discussion was going and also a back row of Harrison Underhill vunipola....Hughes not mentioned yet?
Probably because he's a turncoat backstabbing money grabbing so and so.

would be happy with long term eddie looking at for 2019 with this type of squad situation say:

1) Marler, Vunipola, Genge
2) George, Cowan-Dickie, Taylor/Heywood
3) Hill, Sinkler, Brookes
4) Itoje, Barrow, Robinson
5) Kruis, Launchbury, Ewels
6) Ewers, Clifford, Williams
7) Underhill, Harrison, Kvesic
8) Vunipola, Beaumont, Hughes, (ATM the only other option is Morgan who has been on and off). not happy with Hughes but it will happen.

Not taking into account form and injures etc.

It'll be interesting to see whether this has any impact on Bristol releasing Genge.

It'll be interesting to see whether this has any impact on Bristol releasing Genge.

From what I have been told by someone with a reliable in with the club that it is a done deal and has been for a couple of weeks at least. But nothing cert I guess till an announcement happens either way.

Just to reiterate that the English media's reaction to Ashton being omitted is hilarious.

Platitudes galore.

I love Ashton (I missed it when I first saw the squad) has been dropped really does suggest that he was never 'recalled' like press kept on saying and was just stuck from when he got called up from the Lancaster era and Jones didn't want to make an EPS trade for someone else when he had biggest fish to fry. Kinda what some people on here suspected had actually happened.

I have no idea what Roko has to get called up though...

Probably because he's a turncoat backstabbing money grabbing so and so.

If he is good enough and it is legal, what's your problem! It is modern day rugby and thems the rules......

Seen little of him but was not impressed yesterday!

So biggest omissions after looking at the squad more carefully:

Brookes - big fall from being England's 2nd choice tighthead
Ewers - after being in the EPS. Likely to go with the Saxons?
Kvesic - long touted as England's answer for the 7 problem position, it now looks like even Jones doesn't rate him enough to cut it at the very highest level. Again another one likely to be picked in the Saxons squad.

No room for a 3rd Scrumhalf? Dan Robson? Suppose one can be flown out if anything happens to Youngs or Care.

I think Brookes needs to lose some weight tbh, he's looked unfit and enormous this season.

No room for a 3rd Scrumhalf? Dan Robson? Suppose one can be flown out if anything happens to Youngs or Care.

They'll arrive jetlagged, possibly unfit, and having never really worked with Eddie Jones before. It's really not ideal, even before you consider whether Youngs/Care should be ahead of Robson to begin with.

I'm with you on Hughes. Would like to see a back row of 6. Hughes 7. Harrison/ Underhill 8. Vunipola.

Why not have more big ball carriers on the pitch, Itoje carries along with Billy but having all three would make us alot more dangerous

I wonder if EJ will throw Te'o in at the deep end and start him at prop?
His carrying stats eclipse any other option we have there.

Why would you play anyone other than Dan Cole in any position.... he literally carried the ball 20m this season.

Now that's what I call an impact.

The same goes for Ashton, you know he's a proven try-scorer, Olyy?

Why would you play anyone other than Dan Cole in any position.... he literally carried the ball 20m this season.

Now that's what I call an impact.

The same goes for Ashton, you know he's a proven try-scorer, Olyy?

Scored a cracking Coley did this season.

IMO should be Lions wing.

Olyy in full savage mode.

If you could have 6 Harrison, 7 Underhill why would you want Hughes @ 6?
Why not? The back row you've put there would work well, at the moment we're spoilt for choice I just think Hughes is a top player who I'd want starting alongside Billy

Scored a cracking Coley did this season.
IMO should be Lions wing.

Mmmhmmm... could you imagine the havoc our forwards would cause the opposition defense if they all averaged 0.7m per carry... terrifying.

And with all that possession we'd have from winning the ball in the scrum sometimes, they'd have to defend against it for at least a decent percentage of the match...

Latest posts