• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England - 3 Tests - June 2016

Mmmhmmm... could you imagine the havoc our forwards would cause the opposition defense if they all averaged 0.7m per carry... terrifying.

And with all that possession we'd have from winning the ball in the scrum sometimes, they'd have to defend against it for at least a decent percentage of the match...

i mean imagine if they carry it a total of 10 times in a game that is like 7m which is like having Billy TT in the forwards carrying pretty scary stuff.

I think Brookes needs to lose some weight tbh, he's looked unfit and enormous this season.

Post injury, certainly. Beforehand he was eating loose heads for breakfast, possibly literally. A summer off is just what he needs.

Genge has potential, but his call up is premature.

If you could have 6 Harrison, 7 Underhill why would you want Hughes @ 6?

Stick Hughes or Binny at 8 with the other on the backrow - no Englishmen allowed in our backrow :p

Genge has potential, but his call up is premature.

KGgof8v.png

It'd be funnier if he could spell his name, mind.

Last edited:
4 games played for senior Tigers team, 26 for Bristol's.

Must be embarrassing for all the Tigers LH's that he's starting ahead of them after only playing the position for 3 years.

Infernoprotv is a butthurt Saints fan, prob crying about Waller. He was the one who spread the rumours about Vunipola badmouthing the england coaches during the RWC whilst drinking at a benefit.

4 games played for senior Tigers team, 26 for Bristol's.

Must be embarrassing for all the Tigers LH's that he's starting ahead of them after only playing the position for 3 years.

Well the one LH.
1) Not Ayerza
2) Logo been injured just came back from injury.
3) Rizzo out all season.

England's uncapped youngsters

Props Ellis Genge, of Bristol, and Harlequins' Kyle Sinckler have been included in Jones' squad, along with Northampton back row Teimana Harrison.

Jones says both of the uncapped props have a "competitive edge".

He added: "Both aren't ready to scrummage at Test level but both have got potential, so we need to bring them through.

"Genge is a boy that's not afraid of anything and that's what we need to beat Australia. He's aggressive and he can run with the ball and he's got that bit of an edge about him."

The former Australia and Japan head coach continued: "Harrison has been absolutely outstanding for the Saints.

"The robustness of his play, his physicality and his ball carries, his low tackling and his coachability make him a great player to add to the squad.

"He's got a hard back row to break in to. Robbo [Chris Robshaw], James Haskell and Billy [Vunipola] obviously did well during the Six Nations and there's no reason they can't continue to play well."

Our back row didn't do well though, it was regularly 2nd best (as a unit - Binny was excellent).

Also "Both aren't ready to scrummage at Test level"
wtf are they going then? Bring them into training sessions etc. but a baptism of fire, for a prop, can do more harm than good.

Our back row didn't do well though, it was regularly 2nd best (as a unit - Binny was excellent).

Also "Both aren't ready to scrummage at Test level"
wtf are they going then? Bring them into training sessions etc. but a baptism of fire, for a prop, can do more harm than good.

Guessing both are not expected to play v Aus in the two tests.

Mind he is a grand slam winning coach so i'm backing his calls.

Guessing both are not expected to play v Aus in the two tests.

Mind he is a grand slam winning coach so i'm backing his calls.

Three tests you mean? Sorry, pedant.

I'd expect both to get 40 minutes + in the midweek game, even if I doubt they'll play more than a token amount in the Tests.

Pretty bizarre considering the song and dance that was made a couple of years back of the summer tours being "proper tours" again, with three tests + midweek(s).

Think the RWC prob played a part in the decision not to have a midweek game.

Must have been thinking about the Wales tour (looking back its sodding obvious that Crusaders aren't an Australian side...).

Don't see why the longer season would prevent a midweek game? They're generally pretty lackadaisical, with halfway subs the norm and no one really hammering themselves. Also if it's developmental people knackered in the RWC wouldn't be playing.

Although with a 32 man squad the chances are a couple would be, so fair point I suppose.

Maybe Eddie has left a few people out to send a decent Saxons
team to South Africa ? Would make sense because he can see more players that way and still the best chance of beating Australia . We will have a mega strong team for that tour to be fair

Waller
Haywood
Brookes
Ewers
Robson
Wade

To name a few

Must have been thinking about the Wales tour (looking back its sodding obvious that Crusaders aren't an Australian side...).

Wales are playing the Chiefs mid week, not the Crusaders. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/34707989

If RWC played a part in England not playing a mid week game, then why are Wales playing one. England could play the Tahs, Brumbies, Reds or the Rebels.