• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs South Africa

Have to agree with Jer1cho on the ref. I was wondering throughout the game whether Barnes had a granny who's living in Canberra.

Barnes is a useless ****. I don't understand how he is allowed to ref international games. Australia definately lifted their game this week. Well done to them on a deserved win.

Aus were same as last week, just fewer errors and decided not to sit back. Lineout still cack. Genia looking very good, crisp distribution, but Giteau is not a 10 - doesn't really get his centres firing and misjudges too many open field situations. Maybe he'll look better with Mortlock outside, but I'd like to see if Cooper can pull the strings.

Boks targeted dodgy midfield defence, and it worked for a while - but no cigar, and Aus were the ones who finally cracked through there. I hope the Boks experiment and get used to running out wide, get a total game plan in place. Barnes pinged Brussouw early on, which I guess made the difference at the breakdown. No idea what was happening in the scrum.

Best pass of the game was Matfield right to left, slap in to the palms of a full stretch runner on the left wing.

Nice to see some tries for once in a SH game...holy crap, I never thought I'd ever, ever say that!

I think you should rewatch last week's game :p

6 tries I think, whereas in the game (Glasgow vs Munster) there was one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Opperstopper @ Sep 5 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think you should rewatch last week's game :p

6 tries I think, whereas in the game (Glasgow vs Munster) there was one.[/b]

In fairness, Australia vs South Africa has twice been a very entertaining match now. So well done on that one.

And a good lot of crossing the line today even if they turned out not to be tries most of the time.

That Munster Glasgow match was horrific, the one try was very good though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 6 2009, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nice to see some tries for once in a SH game...holy crap, I never thought I'd ever, ever say that![/b]

There goes another 1 eyed NH poster trying to get a war going again :bravo:

Australia deserved their win, but can Barnes never ever Ref another southern hemipshere team. Going into rucks on your feet is allowed, joining on the side is a penatly, read the f**cking rules Barnes.

Reckon the Aussies have found their new George Gregan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Sep 6 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Australia deserved their win, but can Barnes never ever Ref another southern hemipshere team. Going into rucks on your feet is allowed, joining on the side is a penatly, read the f**cking rules Barnes.[/b]
Hmmm. Ask Smartcookie about that.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Sep 6 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Reckon the Aussies have found their new George Gregan.[/b]
Commentators say he's from Papua NG. Race aside, not as scrappy and obnoxious as GG, but very good prospect. Good kicks early on, mostly excellent passing and decision making, but thought he faded a little in last quarter. Will be interesting to see if he's consistent and has the ability to boss the game.

haven't seen the game yet as i was out last night, but the result is awesome! i'll watch the replay on fox this afternoon.

Really enjoyed the game, especially the Australian commentators on Sky Sports who clearly didn't care about the obviousness (word?) of their bias. Excellent result and very entertaining. Maybe Australia will be a match for England come November :eek:

At one point they were talking about JDV and said 'well, he is the intercept king. Couldn't help thinking of our own little Ross Monroe! :p

I thought Genia was the difference this week. He didn't spend so much time over the ball and actually made the right decisions 90% of the time. It was a shame he wasn't awarded that try, but it was superb defending by du Preez.

My favourite part with the Australian commentators was the 'they can run it here' comments when the Australians were deep inside their own twenty-two, looking to kick it out.

I like the commentary when they were speaking about a South African player getting expelled form Preschool then Dan Crowley quietly saying as if he was on the other side of the room "Yeah but that was only last year."

I thought the Reds fans were just being biased but Genia is actually really good. It was good to see Australia have a positive game plan and they had South Africa rattled.

Latest posts