• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 7

True, but they're playing like **** and need to take the points where they can.
If they want to be challenging for the top 4 this season then they need to turn the screw on the lower placed teams.

Not sure what more Cips can do to increase his credentials asides design Sale a new kit.

Chiefs 33 - 17 Sale
Jesus Christ, what a frustrating game.
Had the better scrum and lineout, better at the breakdown, but decision making was just absolutely terrible for the last 30.
In the lead at 47mins, then ship 23 unanswered after.
Taking Cipriani off was a mistake.

What a result we thoroughly deserved it. Everyone was outstanding special mentions to Maitland (class act) Mckibben (Gave everything) and Williams who for a teenager who ain't that big thoroughly outplayed an England international centre. On Burrell he would be lucky to get in the squad he was appalling. Another shout out to Symons who if he was at any other club would be in England contention in my opinion should definetly be in the squad. Also today showed how important Brookes is to Northampton as we actually gave the a contest up front. Now we are coming onwards and upwards.:lol::lol: Also Will Lloyd on debut was brilliant. The yellow for Tiks was a joke.

Last edited:
That is a MASSIVE result for not nots!
That penalty try!
That charge down DG!

Why didn't Saints have Brookes in the 23? Injured or just arrogant?

He is injured and out for some time following surgery on his knee.

Harrison was in beast mode again. He doesn't look huge, but he is just so determined he refuses to be put down. How he didn't get man of the match is beyond me. Northampton have him listed as 100kg....that can't be right though?!

Last edited:
Looks about right to me - 6'2".

He's at a good weight - plenty of power, pace and can apply both all day long.

I've had my eye on him for a good year or two, but his performances since being promoted to the first team have blown me away.
Very, very promising.

Chiefs 33 - 17 Sale
Jesus Christ, what a frustrating game.

In the lead at 47mins, then ship 23 unanswered after.

Sale playing with howling wind first half ,score 10-10
Exeter playing with howling wind second half, score 23-7.
Could have something to do with it ?
Better sides adapt to conditions better.

Launchbury will need to put a massive shift in today with the injuries to Wasps' loose forwards. Can't see Sarries winning by less than 15 but fingers crossed for good games from England internationals on both sides.

Sale playing with howling wind first half ,score 10-10
Exeter playing with howling wind second half, score 23-7.
Could have something to do with it ?
Better sides adapt to conditions better.

This. Also, Exeter's up tempo style and (possibly) superior fitness mean that my impression is they often finish stronger than their opposition.

Meh, I think Cipriani being removed (tactics from the halfbacks after then were just **** poor) and the two tries from nothing (Ford's horrendous mistake for Short's and Chudleys excellent skill for his one from the kickoff) had more to do with it than Sale just being a huge sack of ****, which seems to be the prevailing opinion of Exeter fans.
We could've, and should've, gotten a losing BP from that.

On today's games: Didn't realise that Priestland was starting for Bath - Wuss to pull off an upset?

Meh, I think Cipriani being removed (tactics from the halfbacks after then were just **** poor) and the two tries from nothing (Ford's horrendous mistake for Short's and Chudleys excellent skill for his one from the kickoff) had more to do with it than Sale just being a huge sack of ****, which seems to be the prevailing opinion of Exeter fans.
We could've, and should've, gotten a losing BP from that.

On today's games: Didn't realise that Priestland was starting for Bath - Wuss to pull off an upset?

I kind of agree with you but no tries are ever from nothing. Sale had a lot of hard work in that first half and silly mistakes were bound to creep in when you're exhausted and the wind is against you.

However I don't think they played badly enough for that result. Could've had more.

Somehow managing to split my viewing of the Bath and the Wasps games, kinda like this:
41b31872aeb4694797e1f4b91802bd66.jpg

Itoje is so bloody good, I just wish he was playing 6 not lock.

Edit: Cracking try from Worcester, and what a finish from Vuna!

No idea what you're talking about I've never touched a child. Not even myself when I was a child.

Also Itoje is good but decision making still leaves something to be desired! His two offside penalties in the Wasps 22 might be costly.