17 Max Lahiff
18 Kane Palma-Newport
19 Alafoti Faosiliva
20 Guy Mercer
21 Micky Young
22 Matt Banahan
23 Luke Arscott

Sale:

Team: Mike Haley, Tom Arscott, Johnny Leota, Sam Tuitupou, Mark Cueto, Danny Cipriani, Chris Cusiter, Eifion Lewis Roberts, Tommy Taylor, Vadim Cobilas, Jonathan Mills, Nathan Hines, Dan Braid (capt.), David Seymour, Magnus Lund

Replacements: Cameron Neild, James Flynn , Ross Harrison, Josh Beaumont, TJ Ioane, Will Cliff, Joe Ford, Tom Brady.

Full strength, minus a couple of injuries (Addison and Marc Jones).

It's interesting to see Lund at 8 and Beaumont on the bench. He has played the full 80 in most matches this season, so makes sense he gets a bit of a rest - we'll be really targetting the breakdown with three opensides in the backrow and one on the bench (plus Taylor and Neild both started out at openside before converting to hooker).
We're still persisting with the Harrison to Tighthead game, which is annoying - we've signed Vadim Cobilas' brother (Maxim), who is a tighthead who can play loosehead, but have been using Maxim at loosehead and Ross at tighthead instead :huh: It makes even less sense when you consider Di Marchi is also a loosehead so we're not exactly short there, whereas we only have one tighthead.
Hopefully this is just stopgap until next season (/Maxim can get a fully-pro pre-season under his belt) as Ross' future should definitely be at loosehead.

Expecting a Sale win it's nice to see Cook back but I don't think Devoto is up to being a spare fly-half. Need to find somebody who doesn't mind playing second fiddle to Ford but will get plenty of games during the international window. I think Bath were caught slightly off guard by Farrell injury expecting him to keep the England jersey until the RWC.

Need to find somebody who doesn't mind playing second fiddle to Ford but will get plenty of games during the international window.
Maybe someone like Priestland?
Biggar is the clear first choice atm, and then there's players like Anscombe, Patchell and Williams as backups. Maybe he fancies a move away from Scarlets.

:p

Defending extremely well but some signs of it creaking. Can't afford to give away that much possession for another half.

I thought it was alright TBH... wasn't expecting the reaction it's had on here! :lol:

I thought it was alright TBH... wasn't expecting the reaction it's had on here! :lol:

It was just a low scoring affair that only looked like having one winner. I don't mind them so much when they're a real atm wrestle.

Sounds like Saints Gloucester was a stonker though!

Gloucster Saints was a brilliant game the old Hook played well. We had an ok result away at Quins LBP was nice they were raving about Fowlie on the forum apparently he had a belter and is the next one off the pipeline. They rate him higher than JJ.

In other news Welsh got slaughtered.

Wade's foot was clearly in touch when he grounded it? Anyway, 20-17 to us, great comeback considering our terrible start.

Latest posts