• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership Round 18

Irishkid

Academy Player
Country Flag
Virgin Islands
Club or Nation
London Irish
Couldn't see a thread big game tonight especially for Lozowski. Also good luck to the ref he's 24.

Last edited:
Could cost Wasps the game Hughes is a key man for them.

There just wasn't any intend the leg wasn't extending, he was slowing down no malice.

Red is very harsh, think it's a yellow though... you can't kick the ball out of someone's possession precisely because your highly likely to end up kicking the player.
I agree it's hard to be certain he was trying to kick it, but it's pretty 50/50 I think.

For me, though - a red card should be reserved for extreme cases of intentional foul play, such as repeatedly punching a grounded player.

^ Agree and also, when talking to the TMO the referee commented 'white number 8 has gone to kick the ball out of the hands which he has no business doing..'

1) No way did he try to kick the ball out of his hands
2) How did the TMO not address such a misconception?

It's like TMO's just don't want to disagree with the main official at all

@ Ratsapprentice : I really don't think he tried to kick the ball. Hughes is one clumsy mother but that's all you can accuse him of

I can definitely see why he would think he was trying to kick it out of his hands.

^ Agree and also, when talking to the TMO the referee commented 'white number 8 has gone to kick the ball out of the hands which he has no business doing..'

1) No way did he try to kick the ball out of his hands
2) How did the TMO not address such a misconception?

It's like TMO's just don't want to disagree with the main official at all
Agreed TMO started to question it on first call of red but backed down

TMO should of nutted up and said what he thought.

I am very worried how easily it seemed for North to get KO esp after the recent head injuries.

Last edited:
Wasn't a red, was a definite yellow though and has kind of ruined the game.

Couragious performance from Wasps, Lozowski and Daly were electric. Shame about the red card as I think Wasps could well have pulled off a win..
Do Northampton always play better when Hartley is off the field? I think Haywood is looking like the better player

Latest posts