• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Baby in arms at the world cup

Yeah, I have been to rugby matches outside of Argentina, and rugby matches there (Argentina) are smaller, way smaller, so there are no drunks, it's all family and friends, because most of them are allways played at mornings or early evenings.

Only in football matches and RC, sorry.

There are people stupid enough to take their baby to a rugby game? Wow. A local club game I could understand.

Apparently I was taken to a rugby game at 6 months old, cant remember who it was funnily enough! And according to my Dad all I did was stare at the pitch with a look of wonder and probably confusion on my face. Could be wrong though.

I did used to get annoyed with parents who take younger children who spend the 80 minutes reading, playing on Gameboys etc. Why pay the money if they are patently not interested.

Last edited:
Well, just a quick update. I see all these 'why on earth would you bring your baby to a rugby game, you horrible and irresponsible dad?' irrelevant comments.
I tell you what. When my son was 2 weeks old, I took him to Twickenham for the Champions Cup Final. I had an awesome time. What a horrible dad I am. My son had ear defenders, slept pretty much the whole time and, no, he didn't cry or make any more noise than the average rugby fan in a stadium.
And again, last Saturday! I managed to find a £20 adult ticket so I was able to take my now 5 month old son. To SA vs Japan. And guess what? We had a f***ing brilliant time, my son had ear defenders, slept a bit less, interacted with people and witnessed the excitement. What a horrible dad I am! He didn't bother anyone. If anything, most people were quite happy to see a small baby at the stadium.
What an amazing game. I am so glad I spent that £20 so I could take my son. Not that he will remember it but it's part of discovering life, environments, sounds, smell, people. And my friends, girlfriend and myself will remember it for the rest of our life. What horrible and selfish creatures we are.
Stop being scared.
Now I need to find a way to take my son to the Final.

- - - Updated - - -

There are people stupid enough to take their baby to a rugby game? Wow. A local club game I could understand.
What a miserable comment.

WELL PLAYED MY SON NOTHING WRONG WITH GETTING THE BOY STARTED AT THE EARLIEST OF AGES Hope you find a final ticket.