• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Beer

1st Person to write a 100 Word (exactly) Essay on why beer is so great, and it must be well written, and sound inteligent gets a plus rep...

I'm having a laugh. It's like I'm on speed at the moment. Just scanning TRF and theres a lot of stuff to comment on and take the **** out of.

Everyone has a day or two where they want to comment on everything.
[/b]

This is one of yours....i'm loving it.

I'm like your TRF stalker at the mo, coz evrything is so random. And limited to one sentence.

It's great and easy on the eyes.

Or you could write one about how crap I am, and how I am holding this forum back...

That'd be a lie though. You are ushering us into a new era like Joesph Stalin or Fidel Castro.

1st Person to write a 100 Word (exactly) Essay on why beer is so great, and it must be well written, and sound inteligent gets a plus rep...
[/b]

Beer is good to you, and if its good to you, its good for ya

(x multiplied by 6.66666666666666666666666 repeating)

The only great beer anecdotes are delivered by Homer Simpson and Barvarians.

100 words isn't very much but here's my attempt :

A muslim friend once asked me to describe what beer was like. Tricky. Instantly I remembered those first sneaky gulps of it when dad wasn’t looking. Ewwwww. All things considered it ain’t the most pleasant drink : Frothy & gassy or tepid & heavy depending on your beer of choice. If I had to find a picture to sum up it’s attraction it’s the scene in Shawshank Redemption where the cons are sitting on the sunny roof drinking Andy’s beer. Let’s face it, there are few things in life better than a cold, well earned pint on a hot day.

One of my best drinking experiences was getting drunk with a Muslim friend in Copenhagen.

He loved London Pride :D

Well as he said, he is moderate muslim (as well as a fanatical Dane) and as a result he interprets the koran a little differently. Like the bible, the koran frowns upon alcohol but does not explicitly forbid it outright, it is only forbidden for when you are about to go to prayers. So, obviously he doesn't do things like say get drunk and then got to prayers!

As an interesting note, the word 'alcohol' is actually drawn from the Arabic word 'alkuhul' which originated from the golden periods of Islam.

So, needless to say, when my friend went to University in Copenhagen and his flat mate in the Student Halls of Residence was a devout Sunni from Pakistan...fun ensued :lol:

beer gets you drunk
being drunk gets you women (of some sort anyway)
women are there to bring you beer

its like a perfect circle.

Here's my attempt:

" Living in the United Arab Emirates where alcohol are scarce and age limit is 21+ nothing is better than playing rugby for the seniors and seeing that box of beers at the changing room waiting for us to gulp it down; plenty more awaits us at the clubhouse, the only bar in town that does not ask for an id.
Beers, changes everything... My first was on a Christmas night in downtown Dubai, took 15 cans that night and I was only 13... It was GREAT, I have never looked back since. Beers introduces me to my first girlfriend, my first sex, my first hangovers. All but the latter is great! I owe a lot of my fun to Beers!"

Dubai is turning into quite the destination for sport, whatever the sport!

I heard that they were building a huge Cricket/Rugby/Football/Indoor sport facility there!

Oooops sorry back on topic, I heard a couple of American microbrews mentioned, any more recommendations on the microbrew front?

If you're starting with American beers, the only real place you can go is with Miller Genuine Draft. I just love the flavour. If you're looking for a high quality beer from North America, make sure you're looking north of the border. If you can find Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale pick it up, you won't be disappointed.

beer gets you drunk
being drunk gets you women (of some sort anyway)
women are there to bring you beer

its like a perfect circle.
[/b]

If that were 100 words, you'd of been the winner in my eyes!

Latest posts