• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

British and Irish Lions Tour: Referee Chat

TRF Mr Fish

Your Piscine Overlord
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Unfortunately the match day threads are clogged up with bickering about the referee, and most of it not constructive.

For the rest of the tour any discussions regarding refereeing decisions must be kept to this thread - however minor or major.

Temporary bans will be issued to users who can't follow these rules, you have all been warned.

Unfortunately the match day threads are clogged up with bickering about the referee, and most of it not constructive.

For the rest of the tour any discussions regarding refereeing decisions must be kept to this thread - however minor or major.

Temporary bans will be issued to users who can't follow these rules, you have all been warned.
Is this a wind up ?

I think it's a good idea.
Sometimes it's hard to interject and talk about the game if there s lengthy discussions about the laws taking place in the match threads.
You can still talk about the games and what's happening but in depth discussion about refereeing calls etc. can be here and just keep things a bit easier to digest

So... during matches, when the TMO is looking at a "try, yes or no"; we're all supposed to decamp to this thread for 5 minutes whilst he makes his decision?
Comments like "that's high, surely" will get removed? really?

After the heat of battle, then fair enough; but IMO match threads should be for discussing things that happen during the match - and that includes ref decision.

So... during matches, when the TMO is looking at a "try, yes or no"; we're all supposed to decamp to this thread for 5 minutes whilst he makes his decision?

After the heat of battle, then fair enough; but IMO match threads should be for discussing things that happen during the match - and that includes ref decision.

If the TMO is looking at something then by all means provide your thoughts. I don't want to be reading "he's rolling all over the ball, should be a penalty" all night though.

Nah,
There's a difference between talking about the match and long winded arguments with screenshots and videos of refereeing decisions like we've had recently.

Great call on this thread, I like it!

On a side note, gotta love when you've ignored someone and can still tell when every time they post something

Whilst I agree with this thread, I'd have to also point out that banning certain users might be a more efficient way to deal with problems arising in general.

All Lions refs are assholes and by extension French.

Rich coming from the country that brought us Lacy.

I mean I feel sorry for the refs, when it comes to the New Zealand test there are two rules one for the all blacks and one for everyone else.

Its certainly going to be interesting if the ABs lose this match watching all their posters post here instead of the match thread ;)

Whilst I agree with this thread, I'd have to also point out that banning certain users might be a more efficient way to deal with problems arising in general.
Agreed. Kiwi troll blow ins like Tigs Man need to be dealt with. I mean I know he says he's English and posts about English rugby, but believe me he's a Steve Hansen paid shill deadset on stealing my cutting edge analysis and tactics to bring it back to his senpai.

Latest posts