Carter to rejoin All Blacks

Discussion in 'Tri Nations 2009-2011' started by Sneaki, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Sneaki

Sneaki Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    http://allblacks.com/news/10742/Dan-Carter...ll-Blacks-squad

Great news for the AB's. I'm not sure whether they'll rush him into the starting XV though. I guess it wouldn't be great for Donald's confidence if he got put straight back onto the bench, as he hasn't been playing too badly lately.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. wayner

wayner Guest

Carter looked pretty good in Canterbury's defeat of Auckland - I believe he scored all of their points. He even survived a cheap shot to the head.

I don't know that Donald has much right to be upset if Carter starts - Carter was named the best rugby player in the world a year or two ago. Assuming that he is in good health then he deserves to be in the starting lineup and Donald shouldn't take it as a vote of non-confidence. Surely he knew that he would be relinquishing the role to Carter once DC returned.

4. Woldog

Woldog Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Alot can change in a year or two..... He has as much right as anyone to be upset if he gets pushed out of the starting lineup...

5. wayner

wayner Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Aug 9 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Alot can change in a year or two..... He has as much right as anyone to be upset if he gets pushed out of the starting lineup...
    [/b][/quote]I could see your point if the ABs won both games against the Boks, but they were 0-2 and have not looked great in 2009, even in the games that they won. Therefore what do you have to lose by bringing Carter back into the starting XV?

6. William18

William18 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wayner @ Aug 10 2009, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I completely agree with you. Donald was hardly playing brilliantly and would have known that Carter would be straight back in when he was fit. The only thing is I hope Carter is not brought back into the team before he is ready. However, if he is fit and ready to go then you just have to pick him.

7. Flux

Flux Guest

Thank God for that. If Donald gets dropped straight away, he can suck it up. It's a part of international rugby, and Donald's hardly been in the type of form that would suggest he deserves to hold down the starting spot anyway.

8. Sneaki

Sneaki Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Aug 10 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Of course Carter should be replacing Donald straight away, but knowing the loyalty the coaches have in some players (such as Rokocoko and Toeava...) it wouldn't surpise me if they stuck with Donald and brought Carter in off the bench.

9. Woldog

Woldog Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wayner @ Aug 10 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Can't claim the "Not at full strength" defence when they lose next?

10. candybum

candybum Guest

10 Carter
    12 McAlister
    13 Smith

:D

11. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

Good news :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

12. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Aug 10 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Great minds eh?

Smith has been the only back for NZ who's looking particularly dangerous in attack in the last couple of matches.

Nonu looks fierce boring and McAllistar should be given serious consideration at 12. Hey, you'll evenhave a kicking option from 12 for once.

If Carter is matchfit then he should be starting. Otherwise get him upto matchspeed from the bench.

13. candybum

candybum Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Aug 10 2009, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Great minds eh?

Smith has been the only back for NZ who's looking particularly dangerous in attack in the last couple of matches.

Nonu looks fierce boring and McAllistar should be given serious consideration at 12. Hey, you'll evenhave a kicking option from 12 for once.

If Carter is matchfit then he should be starting. Otherwise get him upto matchspeed from the bench.
    [/b][/quote]

Fully agree, Smith, not the flashiest guy, runs great lines and is defensively solid. Always been a fan of his! And well that combination has been proven to be very good and efficient. This loyalty with sticking with the same players that Henry has is plain stupid. Some of the guys are so out of form its not worth a giggle.

14. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Aug 10 2009, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]
    Donald has being playing terribly though. He has no right to the shirt.

15. wayner

wayner Guest

This is kind of Off Topic but has Nonu ever played forward? To me he looks like he has the build to be a flanker or #8.

16. wayner

wayner Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Aug 10 2009, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    He sure looked fit in that last game - Auckland may not be the Wallabies or Boks but he scored a try and made another great break down the sideline before taking a hit to the head. He stayed down for a few seconds but got up and played on. He is now the leading points scorer in the ANZ competition. And he has two more weeks to get even more fit before the game against the Wallabies. I believe he is playing against Waikato this weekend, is he not?

17. Jethro

Jethro Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Aug 10 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

Hey stop taking out my early "reasons the ABs improbably lost" stuff, next you'll be saying I can't blame the shoddy display by the Ref ;)

My major gripe as usual is the Cartel are not selecting on merit once again. Time for a change I reckon, and yes I supported them after the shoddy display by the Ref cost us our world cup semi spot.

18. Charles

Charles Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Aug 11 2009, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

Hey stop taking out my early "reasons the ABs improbably lost" stuff, next you'll be saying I can't blame the shoddy display by the Ref ;)

My major gripe as usual is the Cartel are not selecting on merit once again. Time for a change I reckon, and yes I supported them after the shoddy display by the Ref cost us our world cup semi spot.

[/b][/quote]
    :rolleyes: :D Are you sure you want to go there again ?

19. William18

William18 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Aug 10 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I think that needs to be used against South Africa. I think it should be at least tried out as we need to kick the ball tactically. Personally, still have faith in Nonu. It wouldn't even be dropping Nonu, it would just be adjusting the team's tactics. Nonu could still come on off the bench in the last 15 to carve up the opposition or else he could even move to the wing.

20. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

Feel sorry for Donald just a real little bit lol especially working hard staying here in New Zealand than get dropped from the starting lineup for someone that's been overseas for 6 months and only played 2 games here.

I guess even if Donald was playing awesome it's just to hard to try and compare to Carter it's like Lebron James being compared to Michael Jordan or everyone says someones gonna be the next Lomu you just can't compare no matter what you do.

21. William18

William18 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Aug 11 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I feel sorry for Donald as well. He works so hard and out there on the field he looks like he has accomplished what most NZers want, to become an All Black. Too bad, that is not what International Rugby is about.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!