• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 5 Pool 1 (Oyonnax, Saracens, Toulouse, Ulster)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
zJUuXon.png

Saracens.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Ulster.png

16/01/2016, 15:15
Live on BT Sports
Oyonnax.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Toulouse.png

16/01/2016, 16:15
Live on BT Sports & beIN Sports

15 Ben Ransom (53)*

14 Chris Ashton (89)

13 Marcelo Bosch (52)

12 Brad Barritt © (155)

11 Chris Wyles (189)

10 Owen Farrell (125)

9 Richard Wigglesworth (139)

1 Mako Vunipola (89)

2 Jamie George (142)

3 Petrus Du Plessis (113)

4 Maro Itoje (39)

5 George Kruis (113)

6 Michael Rhodes (10)

7 Will Fraser (68)

8 Billy Vunipola (50)

Replacements

16 Schalk Brits (156)

17 Richard Barrington (63)

18 Juan Figallo (22)

19 Jim Hamilton (32)

20 Jackson Wray (125)

21 Neil De Kock (244)

22 Charlie Hodgson (118)

23 Duncan Taylor (79)

1. Kyle McCall
2. Rory Best
3. Weibhann Herbst
4. Alan O'Connor
5. Franco van der Merwe
6. Robbie Diack
7. Sean Reidy
8. Roger Wilson
9. Ruan Peinaar
10. Paddy Jackson
11. Craig Gilroy
12. Stuart McCloskey
13. Luke Marshall
14. Andrew Trimble
15. Jared Payne

Interesting Payne being back at full back, given previous IRFU requirements to play him at inside centre.... glad to see him back there though as he's a fantastic full back and a decent outside centre. Definitely prefer him at 15!
Nick Williams is a huge loss though, absolutely massive. The go forward ball he brings, as well as his abilities over the ball, he changes a games momentum and has been really on form whereas Roger Wilson tries hard, gives a lot of work around the park but just doesn't have that same impact you'd want. The whole pack need to step up, and it'll be a steep learning curve for Kyle McCall who's looked very promising recently for Ulster so we'll see how he does against Petrus du Plessis.

Stuart McCloskey will hopefully be able to keep up his performances, but will need some real stand out performances in the pack, with Herbst, Best, van der Merwe and Diack all performing to the extent of their capabilities to achieve anything close to parity with the huge pack that Saracens possess. I do think our backs can do that little something special though if it's a clear day, they've really started to gel recently and the defensive side of our game has improved markedly (when Ian Humphreys isn't on the pitch. Can't blame the defensive systems for that though)

Payne back at his BEST position. A very exciting Ulster backline. If and it's a big if Ulster can compete up front they may have a chance. That's some meaty pack for Sarries though.

Payne back at his BEST position. A very exciting Ulster backline. If and it's a big if Ulster can compete up front they may have a chance. That's some meaty pack for Sarries though.

Not really an if. We're not going to do it with that pack. Should have sent out the best team last week and sent as weak a team as we could for this.

Not really an if. We're not going to do it with that pack. Should have sent out the best team last week and sent as weak a team as we could for this.

I don't know Peat there's a few in that pack with the bit of dog in them.

I don't know Peat there's a few in that pack with the bit of dog in them.

And they've got a lot.

And we've got a few internationals. And they've got a lot.

And we've got no guys with exceptional athletic qualities, and they've got a few...

I'll be happy to see a miracle but that's what it'll be.

And they've got a lot.

And we've got a few internationals. And they've got a lot.

And we've got no guys with exceptional athletic qualities, and they've got a few...

I'll be happy to see a miracle but that's what it'll be.

I can't argue with that summary but stranger things have happened.

Latest posts