• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 6 Pool 1 (Oyonnax, Saracens, Toulouse, Ulster)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
zJUuXon.png

Ulster.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Oyonnax.png

23/01/2016, 13:00
Live on Sky/beIN Sports
Toulouse.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Saracens.png

23/01/2016, 14:00
Live on Sky Sports & beIN Sports

I've got tickets for the Toulouse/Sarries match and hope it'll be a good one, although of course, it's a "dead match" as Toulouse have already been eliminated and I think that Sarries are assured a home Q final, irrespective of the result.
However, I've just read that 3 first choice Toulouse players, Maestri, Picamoles and Bézy are being "rested"!
I wonder if Sarries will do likewise.
I hope Billy Vunipola plays as I've not watched him play this season and I've recently said on this forum that I'm not a fan of his as I'd rather see Beaumont at 8.

i would think Sarries will bring a strong squad but quite likely that Toulouse will have a second string out!!!!

i would think Sarries will bring a strong squad but quite likely that Toulouse will have a second string out!!!!

Be very surprised if either team had a strong team out although more likely ST as they need more time playing together as a unit for their Top14 challenge.

Here's the Toulouse team for tomorrow's match with Sarries. We knew that Picamoles, Dusautoir and Maestri weren't considered, but nevertheless, it ain't a bad team.
Is it good enough to win? Doubtful, but if they can get the upper hand in the forwards (a big if) they could scrape the win!
Now what team will Sarries pick?

POITRENAUD; PEREZ FRITZ FLOOD CLERC; ; MCALISTER DOUSSAIN; STEENKAMP FLYNN TIALATA; MILLO-CHLUSKI ALBACETE; CAMARA HARINORDOQUY GALAN

Bench ; TOLOFUA BAILLE MULLER TEKORI LAMBOLEY MELE FICKOU MEDARD

Sarries team for tomorrow.

15 Alex Goode (196*)
14 Duncan Taylor (80)
13 Marcelo Bosch (53)
12 Brad Barritt © (155)
11 Chris Wyles (190)
10 Charlie Hodgson (119)
9 Neil De Kock (245)
1 Richard Barrington (65)
2 Schalk Brits (157)
3 Juan Figallo (23)
4 Jim Hamilton (33)
5 George Kruis (114)
6 Michael Rhodes (11)
7 Jacques Burger (105)
8 Jackson Wray (126)
Replacements
16 Jamie George (143)
17 Mako Vunipola (90)
18 Petrus Du Plessis (114)
19 Hayden Smith (53)
20 Billy Vunipola (51)
21 Ben Spencer (62)
22 Owen Farrell (126)
23 Ben Ransom (54)
*denote Saracens appearances
- See more at: http://www.saracens.com/news-article/saracens-name-team-to-face-toulouse#sthash.L3Y4o12V.dpuf

Those appearance numbers show some pretty good continuity. Just another a factor in their success.

Bit different to the days when they'd bring in another aging galactico for 5 minutes.

Here's the Toulouse team for tomorrow's match with Sarries. We knew that Picamoles, Dusautoir and Maestri weren't considered, but nevertheless, it ain't a bad team.
Is it good enough to win? Doubtful, but if they can get the upper hand in the forwards (a big if) they could scrape the win!
Now what team will Sarries pick?

POITRENAUD; PEREZ FRITZ FLOOD CLERC; ; MCALISTER DOUSSAIN; STEENKAMP FLYNN TIALATA; MILLO-CHLUSKI ALBACETE; CAMARA HARINORDOQUY GALAN

Bench ; TOLOFUA BAILLE MULLER TEKORI LAMBOLEY MELE FICKOU MEDARD

yep 2nd string. Dead rubber. McAlister and Flood out of form. Poor frontrow STEENKAMP FLYNN TIALATA. These 2 props have been poor. Flynn back from injury.
It's the youngsters that are being rested because they are the first choice now and the staff are picking with the next game v Clermont in mind.

Last edited:
Not our strongest backline, scrum should be able to give Toulouse problems. Duncan Taylor is an incredibly underrated player and has shown some class in the last couple of years.

I think that Saracens should dominate the tight and but maybe not the line outs. They should win by a fair few and anything less than 15 points defeat will do for this Toulouse team.........look at the stands in the smaller stadium in Toulouse and you will appreciate that the supporters are not there in their droves for that very reason!!

HaHa......Farrell does a Leguizamon!!

As predicted.....ST are crap and Sarries breezing it.

Interesting lack of interest amongst the Forum posters in this week's competition..............

HaHa.......French TV have decided that McAllister is the MoM - Sarries winning 25-17 and blown 3 very clear tries!!!!!

That is not an example of staying on your feet.

Luke Marshall's form has really been fantastic. Delighted for him especially after all the issues he's had.

Latest posts