• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - SF2 (Leicester Tigers vs Racing Metro 92)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
zJUuXon.png

Leicester.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Racing%20M%datro.png

24/04/16, 15:15
BT Sports, FR2, beIN Sports

Just for form Racing Metro 92 has dropped the Metro from their team name and are now called RACING 92. Not sure it's going to help them v Leicester but the Pundits have it very close, 51% LEICESTER 49% RACING 92, not sure about that, but it could be close Leicester have a massive following and are pretty much at home or very close to it.
Saracans v Leicester final ????

Last edited:
This match is too close to call.
Of course, I'm biased towards Tigers and want them to win, and I believe they could, but only if they get parity - or better - in the forwards,
but if Racing get the upper hand then kickable penalties will be conceded, and with Carter and Machenaud to punish them, Tigers could be in for a tough game.
However, it's more or less a home game, as Nottingham is just up the road, so maybe the Tigers' supporters will pull their side through to a final against Wasps!

36'000 tickets sold to semi finals this weekend compared to 76'000 last year and 126'000 in '09. That's gas

36'000 tickets sold to semi finals this weekend compared to 76'000 last year and 126'000 in '09. That's gas

Tigers have sold more than half of that total despite ridiculous tickets prices. We've done our part.

Sarries and Racing are bringing the attendances down big time.

Pests only get big attendances when they give thousands away for free.

Not as Gas as the Celtic teams this year.

large.gif

TBH Leicester will Struggle as they are up against Leicester City who are prob playing in the most historic home game in their history, and Paris to Nottingham isn't a simple trip on the train.

And Saracens are never going to get a big support.

To be fair the 2 stadiums hold about 50,000 between they at a guess ?

Edit: Madejski stadium = 24,161
City Ground = 30,445

Last edited:
the Pundits have it very close, 51% LEICESTER 49% RACING 92, not sure about that, but it could be close Leicester have a massive following and are pretty much at home or very close to it.

Who are these pundits? Betfair Exchange (i.e. people putting their money where their mouth is) have Racing odds on at 1.87, with Leicester dogs at 2.3. Racing looked slightly vulnerable on their travels in the pool stages, so given that it's virtually a home game for Leicester, maybe they're value at 2.3.

Not as Gas as the Celtic teams this year.
The Irish teams were pretty bad too... I think that would have been a more effective route of attack Tigs.

I think the World Cup and the Top14 TV deal killed this tournament this year, the QF's were pretty poor relative to previous years and there is little enough excitement for the semi's. Hopefully it'll pick up next year and not be totally overshadowed by Super Rugby again.

How long ago was it that Sarries apparently used "rent-a-crowd" for a match in Leicester?

The Irish teams were pretty bad too... I think that would have been a more effective route of attack Tigs.

I think the World Cup and the Top14 TV deal killed this tournament this year, the QF's were pretty poor relative to previous years and there is little enough excitement for the semi's. Hopefully it'll pick up next year and not be totally overshadowed by Super Rugby again.

Overshadowed by WHAT?!

The Irish teams were pretty bad too... I think that would have been a more effective route of attack Tigs

Ireland = Celtic nation.

According to the Welsh

Ireland = Celtic nation.

According to the Welsh
Yeah well what do the Welsh know about anything but chavs and opera singing?
I would rather let a bear scratch my Arse than watch these semi finals. #bitta

Last edited:
Yeah well what do the Welsh know about anything but chavs and opera singing?
I would rather let a bear scratch my Arse than watch these semi finals. #bitta

Shame we can't play at Thomond and have a proper home advantage.

And you believe the Welsh... Shame on you Tigs.

Yeah
Is it too late now to say sorry?
'Cause I'm missing more than just your body, oh
Yeah, I know-oh-oh, that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?

Shame we can't play at Thomond and have a proper home advantage.

Yeah
'Cause I'm missing more than just your body, oh
Yeah, I know-oh-oh, that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?

I'm sure it means loads to the 20 odd foreigners in your squad to inevitably make Leicester also rans for the 14th year in a row ;)

I'm sure it means loads to the 20 odd foreigners in your squad to inevitably make Leicester also rans for the 14th year in a row ;)

And I'm sure it means loads to your Irish player to be able to be knocked out in the pool stages and be currently 7th in the pro 12 (and 4th in the Ireland club rankings).

And I'm sure it means loads to your Irish player to be able to be knocked out in the pool stages and be currently 7th in the pro 12 (and 4th in the Ireland club rankings).

Children, children - now now, play nicely......

Latest posts