• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 2, Round 1 (Castres, Harlequins, Leinster, Wasps)

Harlequins goes for his first win against Castres. OMFG!

Not really that surprising, IMO.
Despite a decent enough defence, Castres offered absolutely nothing.
Harlequins didn't either, mind, other than a decent scrum on top of the defence - they just waited for the penalties to come and for Nev to kick 'em.

Not really a classic game, but a solid win for Quins and continued dominance in European rugby for English sides in 2014/15.

Not the best game. Professional by Quins who weren't clinical enough in the first half, 3-3 at half time and should have scored at least 10 more. 4 points though and the other teams should fancy themselves against Castres. My prediction is that Wasps will go through in this group.

..............continued dominance in European rugby for English sides in 2014/15.

Absolutely correct......and I would say British sides as Edinburgh beat UBB also!!

PS....of the four matches so far only Castres (in the top comp) put out a side that was anywhere near their first team so far and Bayonne, contrary to what I previously understood, are following the UBB initiative to rest many of their players even for a home game.

Guess many of the French teams are not that serious about the junior competition particularily as their squads are just not big enough and survival in Top 14 much more important!!!!

Not really that surprising, IMO.
Despite a decent enough defence, Castres offered absolutely nothing.
Harlequins didn't either, mind, other than a decent scrum on top of the defence - they just waited for the penalties to come and for Nev to kick 'em.

Not really a classic game, but a solid win for Quins and continued dominance in European rugby for English sides in 2014/15.

Not for the present but yes for the European rugby history

before we start talking of English domminance 14/15 lets see who puts the name on the trophy at the end of this new comp!!!!!! humble pie could be the dish of the day!!!!!!

That game was one of the most horrible things I've ever witnessed. Quins won for no other reason than their set pieces not being complete ****.

..... dominance in European rugby for English sides in 2014/15.

...........and, yet, not even a bonus point for the English League leaders against a team that is not even in the French top 6.............!!!!

Getting nervous now, with BOD this would be a win whatever the Leinster team. Now I'm not 100% sure, we should win and we have to and considering that this group is likely to come down to these two sides stopping them getting a bonus point could be crucial as well.

Eykin on Guy Thompson "on the flank... perhaps auditioning for an England spot..." - I'm sorry what?
It seems that all that Eykin now requires in order to ordain someone as England quality is that he can take to the field.
Both him and Mullins do it - "that centre caught the ball and passed it - surely he's in line for a call from Lancaster".
Absurd.

Eykin on Guy Thompson "on the flank... perhaps auditioning for an England spot..." - I'm sorry what?
It seems that all that Eykin now requires in order to ordain someone as England quality is that he can take to the field.
Both him and Mullins do it - "that centre caught the ball and passed it - surely he's in line for a call from Lancaster".
Absurd.

He was still talking about Haskell - it just got confusing because Guy Thompson was on screen at the time and Eykin said his name

The hint of OCD I have hate, hate, hates the wonkyness on that Leinster kit.

Leinster's no.11:
ZJSRsFx.jpg

Latest posts